Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eye Health
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 20, 2011 03:41AM

Does anyone know of a good online source for finding eye exercises to improve/restore vision?

Thanks!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eye Health
Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: November 20, 2011 12:20PM

Here is a video:

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: November 20, 2011 02:57PM

[www.thebatesmethod.com]

The Wiki entry[en.wikipedia.org] which is otherwise very informative, of course pooh-poohs it and the Quackwatch guy hates it, so I assume there's some validity to it, heh!

Date: November 20, 2011 06:44PM

Thanks alot Tamukha and vermontnl! Excellent. I just have readers, but I want to get my vision back to normal without them. They say as we age, we "naturally" aren't able to read fine print. However, who has ever heard of a yogi (or yogini), who is in balanced and vibrant health, wearing glasses?? I don't buy it. There's a way to wean off my glasses, and achieve natural eye heath. I'm going to figure it out. smiling smiley

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: November 20, 2011 07:59PM

Gandi wore glasses...

[upload.wikimedia.org]

Thanks for the links guys, will get the little man to try them out since we've been told he needs glasses to see beyond his nose.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 20, 2011 10:16PM

In a canadian health food store I saw these training 'glasses' made with tiny holes, kind of like looking through a mesh. I tried them on and found that I could see better with them. but the shop owner said you were supposed to wear them only for a few minutes at the start and then build up from that. In theory one is supposed to not need glasses after some period of time wearing them.

I thought that perhaps one could make something like that with making little pin pricks in them and wearing them like glasses. Like thin cardboard, rubber bands etc... but perhaps they are at specific distances. i don't know how this thing works, but I imagine it gives your eyes a chance to 'work out' in a way that glasses don't allow them to do. I found that since I have had glasses I have become increasingly dependent on them. I sort of put a stop to that a little bit because I sometimes walk around without my glasses for a few minutes a day. My partner doesn't like that as he thinks it would make my vision worse, or worried that I would damge my glasses, something....

Date: November 20, 2011 11:20PM

Those are exactly the glasses I have, lol. Where did you see them in Canada Mislu? I bought them in Michigan.

Date: November 20, 2011 11:21PM

I've seen those pinhole glasses online. It would be great to find them in a store, I want to try them on. Has anyone here ever used them? Did they help your eyesight? And does anyone know the theory behind how they work?

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: November 20, 2011 11:59PM

Coco,
I saw them in Vancouver B.C. I think, or it might have been white rock, just outside of vancouver. I thought them novel, and almost got a pair, but we were getting ready to move, and just thought it was another thing to move or toss out.

Marsh,
I remember hearing hearing a more abbreviated version of how it works by the store owner. but the link will probably tell you more than what I recall. He just demonstrated how one can see better if you pinch both thumbs and index fingers together and look through the little hole. It some how limits light from only one direction, or at least more of them. So the little dots do the same thing, just more of them when you where the glasses.

What I got out of it was that you allowed your eye to work naturally to see, but without straining like one might do with just looking at things without glasses.

[www.pinhole-glasses.com]

I periodically like to try looking around without my glasses. Sometimes when I am in the passengers seat I like to try and read signs and look at other objects without glasses. I haven't done that in awhile.

What is helpful is to cover one eye and look around for a few mintues, and then look around with the other eye covered and without glasses. I found that its good to do that, but not too long and dont strain them. In some tai chi book I remember reading about that, and also to look at things in a distance, look at things closely, and view things with different colors if you can. The idea is to let your eye see things unaided. I don't remember if it was ever promised that one could go completely without glasses, but I imagine it might hault declining eyesight, and might improve things. There is always the potential for some to go without glasses. Wouldn't that be wonderful?

Date: November 28, 2011 12:06AM

This book was recommended by a friend who at age 72 does not need glasses, as she regularly does eye muscle exercises.

'Take off your glasses and see' - Jacob Liberman

Date: November 28, 2011 02:33AM

ohhh... thanks geo. This is the second time I've seen a reference to this book lately. Maybe I'll have to get it....

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables