Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

My Raw Thanksgiving
Posted by: marsh ()
Date: November 25, 2011 07:30AM

Such a great day today! Ever since I can remember, Thanksgiving has always been about the huge feast- tons and tons of food and gross overeating. This year I packed a nice, big, green smoothie laced with my favorite superfoods, and enjoyed it off to the side somewhere where I wasn't seen, and never had to explain myself. For me, it was the perfect strategy. I was full, I had energy and clarity, and was able to enjoy my family's company without partaking at all in the SAD feast. Nobody knew that I didn't eat. I just put a little bit of food on my plate, tossed it around with my fork with we all visited, and nobody had any idea. I'm in a really good cleansing flow right now, mostly living on greem smoothies, and didn't want to ruin my momentum. I feel great! It was a great day. I hope all of you enjoyed the day too! smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: My Raw Thanksgiving
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: November 25, 2011 08:58AM

Marsh....Thanks for sharing your Thanksgiving activities with us. I had the brilliant idea to Dry Fast for the whole 24-hours....not taking in anything. I did it, and feel I need more 'days off'......WY

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: November 25, 2011 01:25PM

Bravo for you!
I certainly cant say the same.
I ate sad,and feel sad today.
But now am sipping on fresh lemon juice.

Vinny

Date: November 25, 2011 03:32PM

Today is a new day, Vinny. I've had plenty of those SAD holidays, too. Put it behind you and move on smiling smiley

Good job WY. I love dry fasting, although it's been a long time since I've done one. That's another great idea to deal with the feasting-type of holidays.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: November 25, 2011 04:55PM

I woke up, had a bowl of raw soup, and proceeded to go on a water fast. Thanksgiving and all the holidays are unfortunately still very sad (not the diet the emotion) times for me. Don't mean to be a drag, but I just can't handle them right now. I want to be real about who I am in case anyone else out there is in the same place and needs to hear that they're not alone. Fasting helped a lot with pushing out the emotions. It was kind of like I gave myself a big emotional enema. smiling smiley I wouldn't recommend it for everyone who's grieving or who has emotional issues around this time, but as an experienced faster it helped. In all honesty, I've always been leery of the holidays and all of the consumer driven madness. I guess that I try to make every day a holiday by being loving and thankful and generous...

I really enjoyed the original post to this thread. Very stealthy. I used to do that all the time when I had a real job and they rolled out a birthday cake. Even when it was my own!

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: November 27, 2011 01:33PM

I, too, had a good Thanksgiving because my family bought me a 'live zucchini alfredo', 'live burritos' and a 'live pumpkin pie' from the local raw restaurant and they were good. I have pie to last me throughout the week. I'm thankful for supportive relatives.

Date: November 27, 2011 03:22PM

ivac, that is so nice! wow. what a nice feast you had smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables