Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Ready .. set ... Holidays !!
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: December 04, 2011 05:35PM

Well the countdown has started .. the parties are in full swing the dance card is filling up !. My battle plan is in action and I am tweaking a few things this year so as not to get caught up in the moment and possibly have some epic failure.

Self tip #1: Do not under any circumstance head off to a party hungry. Ever. I plan on loading up on salad and smoothies before heading out the door. Full of good food leads less to temptation.

Self tip #2: I find everyone wants to share a *drink* with me. I will be carrying my non-see thru travel coffee mug full of green smoothie goodness and explaining that this year im driving and if anyone needs a safe-ride home I'm yer gal. Everyone loves a designated driver smiling smiley
(Will be keeping a couple of Mason jars of smoothie in the car to duck out and refill if the party goes on late !)

Self tip #3: Phoning the host/hostess and seeing if I can bring anything along for snacks. Im finding more and more people are potlucking/bring a snack.. I mean seriously who can afford these days to feed a housefull of people. I will be bringing huge fruit platters with me for everyone to share. they always go over well and suprisingly there is never enough leftover usually to take home (mostly cuz im the one munching away on it lol)

Please share your tips too to get thru this crazy season smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Ready .. set ... Holidays !!
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 04, 2011 06:01PM

I really enjoyed reading this and have nothing[constructive]to add except that you are like the healthy, Bizarro-world version of a functional alcoholic--yer hidin' yer booze in the car, woman! Ha-ha!

Date: December 04, 2011 06:33PM

lol yes i guess i am !! ROFL ! grinning smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 04, 2011 08:46PM

HOHOHO! Jodi, you and Tamukha always crack me up!

Jolly season to everyone!

I'm a recluse. I just don't go to parties. Though there's nothing wrong with parties of course! Whenever I have time though, I call up my friends (who I dearly appreciate for being there), and we go for long walks.

One of my oldest and dearest friends - a long-time meat, cheese and white flour eater - recently had a slight stroke and lost partial vision in one eye. She's only in her fifties! She went vegan and practically dragged me to the movies to see "Forks Over Knives". When we have the time, we collect our mutual friends and walk together.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 08:50PM by suncloud.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 04, 2011 10:12PM

Christmas walk. Like the Christian pilgrims did in labyrinths. Or the pagans did out in the woods. Sounds like a marvelous tradition to practice for this time of year, suncloud smiling smiley

Date: December 05, 2011 01:07AM

im very reclusive./introverted at times too .. honestly if i could get away with it .. id be off in the middle of nowhere thumping out the next great american novel alone in the wilderness .. my hubby is a social butterfly and pulls me out of reclusiveness at times .. winking smiley

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: December 05, 2011 03:42AM

Heh! Good for him, and you too (I hope)! And I hope the two of you enjoy yourselves!

Date: December 05, 2011 04:52AM

haha Suncloud yes we do enjoy ourselves for the most part most of the time. Sometimes when he pulls me into situations i feel like a snail or turtle pulled out its shell

and im sitting there freaking out going omg! omg! where is my shell>?!?!?

most of the time i get over it rather quickly, have a good time, agree afterwards my initial anxiety was just that .. anxiety

and sometimes he respects my anxiety and doesnt push it smiling smiley

all in all its a good balance smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: December 05, 2011 02:43PM

Good tips!
I always make sure there is at least carrot and celery sticks to munch on where ever i am,but I tend to "blow" it most times.
But then get right back on track the next day.
Vinny

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 05, 2011 03:01PM

An apple and some almonds can usually tide me over, I keep those in my purse most of the time.
I confess that I don't do much avoidance at family dinners. Of course I don't eat the meat but the rest of it is fair game. So long as I don't overindulge I am usually just fine. I prefer the taste of unadorned fruits and veggies anyhow so it's not that hard to have a relatively healthy plateful of food no matter what. Oh, and I am not adverse to a glass of wine smiling smiley. My family don't really drink though so that's not even an issue during the holidays.

Posted by: gems ()
Date: December 05, 2011 08:00PM

smiling smiley lovely to read all your comments smiling smiley and a good idea for a chat! smiling smiley have been planning in my head how i can 'stay on track' this month! smiling smiley ive only started eating mostly raw for 4 months, so early stage, but its oviously amazing, and when i dont eat this way i feel rubbish, so im trying to work with that, if i really want to enjoy the holidays and time with family and friends, i need to embrace the beauitful foods we can eat raw, have snacks on me, never go to a party/social event hungry or without food, so i my body and mind can be happy with lots of good energy all the way through smiling smiley

good luck to everyone smiling smiley thanks for the tips smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables