Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Eight Nutrients Most Raw Foodists Don't Understand
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: December 27, 2011 01:19PM

If you unquestionably accept the RDAs, RDIs, and other nutrient-intake guidelines set by this world’s medical organizations and government agencies, you’re going to be one confused raw foodist.

Raw fruits, vegetables, nuts, and seeds are the most nutrient-dense foods on the planet, right? So when we enter our diets into nutrient-tracker websites and software like cronometer, why do we sometimes come up short in a number of key nutrients?

The truth is that the RDAs/RDIs are far from universal. If you actually look at the science you’ll see that those eating healthy diets have radically different needs than your average SAD eater.

I decided to write an article looking into the confusion surrounding these eight key but nutrients.

Read the article here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Eight Nutrients Most Raw Foodists Don't Understand
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: December 27, 2011 02:11PM

It will take some time to read your article fully but one thing I'd like to mention are whole food supplements which I believe can be helpful for meeting nutritional needs and which are in no way the same as synthesized isolates. I personally can't consume 3 heads of greens daily, that's too much food for me. But I can add some green powder to a smoothie every day to good effect.
Thanks for the link, your dressing e-book looks interesting, I'll order a copy smiling smiley.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2011 03:50PM

Good article, Andrew, and not without some controversy--yummy! Thanks for posting smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 27, 2011 04:14PM

Agree with most of the article other than the Zinc which i feel at 6mg for a male is far too low. Especially when we take into account how vegan and plant based diets are much richer in copper which is antagonistic to zinc.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 04:17PM by powerlifer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables