Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

can i do this?
Posted by: ChellyRaw ()
Date: December 27, 2011 05:34PM

I still have not gone 100%. But my head stops me because my body craves junk I should not eat. Is this a way of life? Can I really be happy and healthy on raw? Maybe I am scared and my cravings are giving me doubts? I am 39 and want to live longer than my mother. She died at 54 and morbidly obese and I dont want to be like her. It scares me. I only have a blender and am on a limited budget right now. Am I just making excuses here? I am a all or nothing person, if I do this I want it to be 100% raw from day one.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: can i do this?
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 27, 2011 05:43PM

Always remember there is more to health than just diet alone. Some get caught up in purity and feel its all or nothing. Personally i have done both 100% raw and SAD diet long enough to feel somewhere 3/4s of the way in between is the best for me.

Like i say above there are some with the poorest diets in the world but are still very healthy, other factors include stress elimination or at least minimization, sunlight, sleep, exercise etc all go towards keeping you healthy. Staying away from booze, cigarettes and drugs doesn't need saying.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 27, 2011 05:53PM

ChellyRaw Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ......if I do this I want it to be 100% raw from day one.
Well it won't be, so you can give up on that idea. Make it easier for yourself right now. You can get Strict a bit later......WY

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 27, 2011 07:33PM

Agree with Wheatgrass Yogi; also, I have found that insisting on having an "all-or-nothing" approach can be a sneaky way of copping out or kidding myself sometimes. Don't do that to yourself! Some raw is better than none, and more is better than less. This is one lifestyle that definitely exists on a spectrum, and in which moving away from cooked, food choice by food choice, is its own goal. Good luck! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 07:33PM by Tamukha.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: December 27, 2011 07:52PM

You hit the nail on what i was meaning Tamukha but what i couldn't explain.

More is better than none, the all or nothing mentality won't stick with most. Doing more exercise than you were should lead to a favourable goal, this doesn't mean you should become a professional marathon runner next week. Even doing 10% more exercise than you were should mean you have increased fitness and health.

Chucking the scales in your favour should be the goal, eating better food, living healthier. Sure some will use it as a cop out to keep living badly but if we can't be healthy living healthy 3/4s of the time then whats the point. Eat a little cooked food then are bed ridden like some others, that isn't healthy either.

There is no need for extremes, it shouldn't be a case of living unhealthy or healthy, how about a happy medium. I feel that is where i am at, i have lived both ways and i don't find either extreme healthy mentally or physically.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/27/2011 07:54PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: December 28, 2011 07:57AM

Please don't make "going raw" like veganism. I'm speaking loosely here but my impression is that if your not 100% vegan your a poser. Raw foodist are enlightened and that usually calls for an open mind. If you feel you need to be 100% right now, then please, and good luck.

Posted by: Februarygirl ()
Date: December 28, 2011 11:40PM

I eat as many raw fruits and veggies as I can and when I can't or chose not to I try to make great healthy choices. When I stray into sugar and other yuck foods raw foods always seem to be the thing that centers me again, sort of washes the slate clean and lets me start over. If you are naturally an all or nothing person, maybe having a plan in place for when you can't or don't do as you'd hope to will help you from going to "nothing". So for example, say you wish to eat 100% raw, but sometimes you don't have the money to or give in to cravings, you can plan on having a green smoothie as soon as possible or plan on drinking lots of water. My go to plan is to eat raw foods all day. Dinner is my challenge so when I cant or dont eat raw at least I met my goal for 3/4 of the day and my morning smoothie is right around the corner. Sort of a head game but it helps me not hate myself! hehesmiling smiley Also gives me a road map to get right back. Start small and see where that takes yousmiling smiley

februarygirl

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables