Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Blenders
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 09, 2006 04:52PM

How many of you on here own either a 2hp or 3hp blender? I just ordered my Vitamix blender and am very excited to get it. I know there is a "Blending" forum on here, but I have never gotten many replies over there, so I want to try here. smiling smiley

Anyways, I have some questions about blending, so if a bunch of people answer this, then I will start to ask!

Thanks - Kim

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Blenders
Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 09, 2006 07:49PM

I'm gonna answer, even though I don't have one. I'm just so glad that you're back, Yogamama!

I have a blender that I use at least twice a day and I have to BEG it to mush up a tomato!!!! I really, really want a 3hp blender and my husband and I go round and round about the $$$$$ He keeps threatening to buy me a blender at Cost-Co!!!! I threaten to throw it in the trash if he does! Or change the locks! So, in the interim - I still have the same old blender! I try to tell him about the bioavaliability of the nutrients and the cellulose walls, etc. And then he offers me some swamp land in Florida! And then I tell him that I need to take care of me so that I can take care of his sorry a-- when he gets all sick and helpless on the Sad lifestyle. And then he says .......... and then I say .............. or something like that!

Anyhoo, I visited my son in Arizona during the summer and his roomy had a Vitamix and I got to try some of my recipes in a REAL blender!!! OMG - what a pleasure it was. No begging, swearing and pleading. It just grabbed the food and voila - it was a done deal.

So, there ya go! Good luck with your blending (and your blending questions). I hope it gets there soon. Let us know how you like it.

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 09, 2006 08:05PM

I bought the Total Blender six month ago and my health has improved a lot, I am more into blending and less into juicing.

Date: October 10, 2006 02:39PM

hi alive!

I had to convince my husband that I needed to spend $400 on a blender as well. It took a while, but then he wanted a really nice, expensive digital camera, so he got his camera, and I got my blender. I told him that a blender was an investment in our health! smiling smiley I should be getting it either today or tomorrow. I will let you know how wonderful it is! Keep on your hubby about it! smiling smiley

Kim

Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 10, 2006 10:01PM

I enjoy my Blendtec Total blender. However, I tend to use my little Tribest personal blender quite a bit also, because it does great for small jobs, especially when I just want to make a small salad dressing. I also use the Tribest to grind sundried tomatoes or sesame/hemp seeds.

Date: October 10, 2006 10:55PM

I have a K-Tec (BlendTec). It's great.

We sell them on our site rawlovers.com. Cheaper than anywhere else.

Posted by: Pistachio ()
Date: October 11, 2006 03:14AM

I have a ktec and am pleased with it. Just yesterday I had a strawberry-coconut smoothie. While my smoothies taste good when done in my other blender, they have a more 'silky' texture when done in the ktec. For green smoothies, using a high power blender also provide the best results.

Wishing you vibrant health

Date: October 11, 2006 03:02PM

I just got my blender today and I am so excited to give it a try. Does anyone have some good "green smoothie" recipes? Maybe I should check out the recipe seciton of this forum.

Bryan and NNNNNarz, is the BlendTec a 2hp or 3hp blender? Do you blend the seeds from fruits? Such as apple seeds, cantaloupe, pears, avocado, etc? I have read there are a lot of good nutrients and phytochemicals in the seeds. What about apricot kernals? I am just owndering if I can remove the stems from the apples and pears and just throw the whole thng in the blender. Anyone know?

Posted by: Funky Rob ()
Date: October 11, 2006 05:23PM

I blend apples, pears and oranges without removing seeds. Melon seeds are great too. Not sure about avocado. And apricot kernals, you need to crack the seed to get to the kernal.

Rob

--
Rob Hull - Funky Raw
My blog: [www.rawrob.com]

Date: October 11, 2006 06:38PM

Thanks, Rob. I can't wait to try it out!

Date: October 12, 2006 01:32AM

Yogamama, the Blendtec is a 3HP blender.

I blend up some seeds (like watermelon) but not cantaloupe or avacado pits. Eating an avacado pit just doesn't seem very logical to me. However, if I were blender durian I might be tempted to throw the seeds in (since they have some flavor and conceivably can be eaten without blending). I just go by the fruit and how I feel. Watermelon seeds taste good (and are supposed to be super nutritious) so I blend them, cantalope seeds aren't very crunchy and don't have a particlarly great taste to me so I scoop them out.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables