Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Reading Material?
Posted by: Xamot ()
Date: December 31, 2011 04:44AM

As I slowly learn to adjust to eating more raw and whole foods, I know I still lack the knowledge to prolong this for an extended amount of time. What reading material/authors would you suggest to become more familiar with this kind of diet (for a current lack of a better term).

Thanks,
John

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Reading Material?
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: December 31, 2011 05:33AM

Xamot Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> .....What reading material/authors would you suggest to become more familiar with this kind of diet.

The best book I have ever read is "Quantum Eating: the Ultimate Elixir of Youth"...by Tonya Zavasta

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: December 31, 2011 01:39PM

Hi, John, and welcome!

Inevitably, Doug Graham, Gabriel Cousens, Victoria Boutenko, David Wolfe, and whatever YouTube videos on raw vegetarianism you can find by doing a search over there. I have heard good things about Tonya Zavasta, but have not read her books. There are people I'm forgetting to mention, of course. Maybe do a search of these forums to see the threads like this posted in the past? Here's a list of mostly "cookbooks" someone posted in classifieds that could help you:

[www.rawfoodsupport.com]

I would add that it's important to get a good survey of the different ways of living this life before deciding on a strategy, and even after that, it's important to be open to adjustments. We learn this lifestyle by doing!

Happy sleuthing smiling smiley

Posted by: rawjoe ()
Date: December 31, 2011 03:52PM

80/10/10 by Dr Douglas Graham.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: December 31, 2011 04:21PM

I've always felt that Grain Damage by Doug Graham is his best book. That and Victoria Boutuenko's book Green for Life were the two that got me started. One taught me that traditional, grain laden veganism is far from ideal. The other gave me a delicious and healthy tool (green smoothies) that helped me transition to raw veganism.

As Tamukha said, "we learn this lifestyle by doing." I'm 5 years into it and keep learning every day. It's the best educational experience I've had.

Posted by: Xamot ()
Date: January 02, 2012 12:56PM

Thanks for the feedback, shopping for books as I type!

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 02, 2012 04:56PM

Paul Nison was the fellow who I saw in person twice,and his books,that steered me on this path.
Vinny

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 02, 2012 05:13PM

Try any raw food books from your local library. I liked Perfect Body by Roe Gallo that I bought it after reading it from the library. Almost all of the people mentioned above have websites and or youtube videos. There is so much out there for free. Free is good when you are just starting out.

Oh and Sapoty Brooks has an online site and a really interesting poster you can buy to help understand foods and mineral balance called the CaPNaK Chart. I purchased that.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 02, 2012 09:31PM

Prescription for Nutritional Healing for me, anytime there is any health question or issue I turn to this for a food source remedy. Also books on edible wild foods have been helpful. I have Russell James' e-book which I quite like and an old copy of The Raw Truth by Jeremy Saffron and Renee Underkoffler, it's got nice simple recipes in it.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: January 02, 2012 10:38PM

You might like "Raw Food on a Budget," which I recently ordered. It has great tips and some recipes, although I think if you are looking for lots of recipes that you'd enjoy "The Everthing Raw Book." It's very reasonably priced and has recipes for every category.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 03, 2012 02:20AM

I started with a Woman's Day article. 50/50 for better health and weight loss.
I think it was Woman's Day.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: January 03, 2012 07:18PM

Raw Food Revolution by Soria Melina and Davis or

Becoming Raw by Davis & Melina.

If I could only own 2, those would be the two. I own about 30.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables