Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Genetically Modified Fruit + Veggies
Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 08, 2012 09:45AM

There seems to be some major haters. I don't see the huge ruckus. I mean, isn't that how they did it back in Atlantis? Of course, hybridizing or whatever to no seeds is seeming to be an issue.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Genetically Modified Fruit + Veggies
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 08, 2012 01:42PM

rawalice,

Most of the things we raw foods vegans eat aren't GMO. It's regular foods, like soy, corn, wheat, and the unhealthy but ubiquitous High Fructose Corn Syrup that are the problem. GMOs are aberrant biological entities--they were never tested to see how the human body, other mammals, the insect world, or surrounding crop plants would respond to their consumption or presence. Hybridization over time is something farmers have been doing for millenia, but there's a huge difference between deriving wheat from a primitive glutenous grain by cross breeding, and splicing animal genes into vegetable matter in a lab; this would never happen in nature and there must be a good reason why. Please Google the scientifically observed adverse effects for more information.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 08, 2012 02:44PM

I don't have a problem with others choosing to eat it, I simply do not wish to be forced or tricked into it myself. That includes GMO cross contamination out in the field, proper labeling etc. When those problems are dealt with they have my blessing to poison themselves with their frankenfoods right out of existence.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 08, 2012 03:04PM

Monsanto brings a lot of it on themselves through their business practices and their ability to use the US govt. as its thug when various people and countries don't fall in line with their world seed domination scheme. But hey Alice don't worry 5D earth will be here soon and we'll get it all worked out. Is that why you're smoking? It doesn't matter anyway?

Date: January 08, 2012 04:17PM

Whose paranoid here HH? I'll admit I don't know all that goes on this world, that I'm sure of, but really, most vegans I know are ready to mindlessly jump on any of the collective anti-bandwagons. Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like a conceit thing regarding the animals. Befoul or grace? Of course I don't have anything personal against people who choose veganism.

Date: January 08, 2012 05:04PM

Who said that you're paranoid? Many vegans are unhealthy because they think that all they have to do is eat no animal products in order to be healthy. The resultant lack of health shows in their lack of rationale. It looks to me like we agree. Regarding Monsanto, I know what I know. Befoul or grace? Good question.

If you're looking to get into it with a dogmatic vegan, you can @#$%& off. Pardon my French, but your presumption toward irational veganitude on my part is a bit, well, mindlessly anti-bandwagon. You don't know me nor have you ever taken the time to get to know me. I make a statement about cigs being bad for us and you mock. That's all I've gotten from you.

rawalice Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Whose paranoid here HH? I'll admit I don't know
> all that goes on this world, that I'm sure of, but
> really, most vegans I know are ready to mindlessly
> jump on any of the collective anti-bandwagons.
> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like
> a conceit thing regarding the animals. Befoul or
> grace? Of course I don't have anything personal
> against people who choose veganism.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: January 12, 2012 09:26AM

I, for one, don't want my gut to start producing pesticides...

[www.responsibletechnology.org] (cites multiple relevant studies)

GMO consumption is linked to massive organ damage...

[www.huffingtonpost.com]

[www.globalresearch.ca]

Just two days ago I ate something someone made for me. Language barrier confused olive oil with canola oil... I got *SO SICK.* My stomach is still kind of weird today and I'm slightly bloated.

Whether GMOs are good for you or not isn't a matter of opinion, it's a matter of hard science. The stuff is affirmatively NOT salubrious. It destroys organs and makes the body produce pesticides. It can get passed via the body to its offspring, and GMOs are DEFINITELY detrimental to children.

And all other life on earth. Which raises tough questions, like is it okay to contaminate someone else's food supply, FOREVER? Meaning, your great-great-great-great-great-great grandchildren's food supply, ad nauseam? Should we all jump on the bandwagon of stealing from our future? This question is broader than "trendy" veganism. It becomes a question of making one's actions choose life, or choose death.

...And then there are really creepy things, like Morgellans...

I think for anyone experiencing dogmatic feelings, there are stages in the process of liberating the mind from programming, and we should all be respectful of each other's stageof experience, and illuminating each other with our own.

This DEFINITELY applies to going raw. Who hasn't gone through those moments, especially in the first six months, when you begin to realize the magnitude of the implications of keeping things "pure and simple"? It means throwing out everything in the fridge (err, wash and recycle ^.^), every cleaning product, your toothpaste, your laundry detergent, your sack of makeup. That little moment of finding out everything you took for granted is somehow, somewhere, filled with lies and deceit at the expense of your body/your planet's/your children's future. Not to mention your WATER, and, oh, THE AIR? Maybe you're lucky enough to be able to burn some nasty fossil fuels and drive an hour to the closest spring for pure water(cognitive dissonance? ow, my brain?), but NOTHING can fix that air. Do you live near the BP oil spill? Are you threatened by the post-Fukushima jet stream? Oh, THE ANGER, the DESPAIR, the HELPLESSNESS, the frustration, magnified by DETOX and the beginning of the momentous revolution of opening your heart to a slurry of emotions previously numbed by pasta and milk!

^My point is, some people who are ANTI-EVERYTHING are at a point in a journey (we all are!), and we need to resonate with them. There are great fields of flowers beyond that initial shock. So you got there? Be a bright and shiny guidepost!

People who believe everything they are told are innocent, to a degree, so bless that grace and try to nurture a sense of inquisitiveness (that's where preachers always fail).

And anyone who has looked through the other side of the mirror knows that most preaching originates from a pain in the heart when that person thinks about how his loved ones will suffer if they don't just suddenly X--Y--Z--

In conclusion, GMO foods are really, truly, scientifically terrible news for all life on earth.

Also, vegans who unintentionally isolate others with passionate ranting can gain much from studying the art of persuasive language. winking smiley

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/12/2012 09:31AM by phantom.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 12, 2012 01:27PM

~~~(((Phantom)))~~~

Thanks and love <3.

And hi! Nice to see you smiling smiley.

Date: January 12, 2012 06:32PM

phantom, I walys feel your absence from here, and when you return, I understand anew why--Thanks for this post smiling smiley

Date: January 13, 2012 01:49AM

Nice to see everyone, too! grinning smiley I do miss this place when I am not here.

Date: January 13, 2012 10:52AM

phantom Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I, for one, don't want my gut to start producing
> pesticides...
>
> [www.responsibletechnology.org]
> (cites multiple relevant studies)
>
> GMO consumption is linked to massive organ
> damage...
>
> [www.huffingtonpost.com]
> -gmo-corn-linked_n_420365.html
>
> [www.globalresearch.ca];
> aid=16747
>
> Just two days ago I ate something someone made for
> me. Language barrier confused olive oil with
> canola oil... I got *SO SICK.* My stomach is still
> kind of weird today and I'm slightly bloated.
>
> Whether GMOs are good for you or not isn't a
> matter of opinion, it's a matter of hard science.
> The stuff is affirmatively NOT salubrious. It
> destroys organs and makes the body produce
> pesticides. It can get passed via the body to its
> offspring, and GMOs are DEFINITELY detrimental to
> children.
>
> And all other life on earth. Which raises tough
> questions, like is it okay to contaminate someone
> else's food supply, FOREVER? Meaning, your
> great-great-great-great-great-great
> grandchildren's food supply, ad nauseam? Should we
> all jump on the bandwagon of stealing from our
> future? This question is broader than "trendy"
> veganism. It becomes a question of making one's
> actions choose life, or choose death.
>
> ...And then there are really creepy things, like
> Morgellans...
>
> I think for anyone experiencing dogmatic feelings,
> there are stages in the process of liberating the
> mind from programming, and we should all be
> respectful of each other's stageof experience, and
> illuminating each other with our own.
>
> This DEFINITELY applies to going raw. Who hasn't
> gone through those moments, especially in the
> first six months, when you begin to realize the
> magnitude of the implications of keeping things
> "pure and simple"? It means throwing out
> everything in the fridge (err, wash and recycle
> ^.^), every cleaning product, your toothpaste,
> your laundry detergent, your sack of makeup. That
> little moment of finding out everything you took
> for granted is somehow, somewhere, filled with
> lies and deceit at the expense of your body/your
> planet's/your children's future. Not to mention
> your WATER, and, oh, THE AIR? Maybe you're lucky
> enough to be able to burn some nasty fossil fuels
> and drive an hour to the closest spring for pure
> water(cognitive dissonance? ow, my brain?), but
> NOTHING can fix that air. Do you live near the BP
> oil spill? Are you threatened by the
> post-Fukushima jet stream? Oh, THE ANGER, the
> DESPAIR, the HELPLESSNESS, the frustration,
> magnified by DETOX and the beginning of the
> momentous revolution of opening your heart to a
> slurry of emotions previously numbed by pasta and
> milk!
>
> ^My point is, some people who are ANTI-EVERYTHING
> are at a point in a journey (we all are!), and we
> need to resonate with them. There are great fields
> of flowers beyond that initial shock. So you got
> there? Be a bright and shiny guidepost!
>
> People who believe everything they are told are
> innocent, to a degree, so bless that grace and try
> to nurture a sense of inquisitiveness (that's
> where preachers always fail).
>
> And anyone who has looked through the other side
> of the mirror knows that most preaching originates
> from a pain in the heart when that person thinks
> about how his loved ones will suffer if they don't
> just suddenly X--Y--Z--
>
> In conclusion, GMO foods are really, truly,
> scientifically terrible news for all life on
> earth.
>
> Also, vegans who unintentionally isolate others
> with passionate ranting can gain much from
> studying the art of persuasive language. winking smiley

I ate canola oil for a long time. GMO I'm sure. I never had had any problems. If GMO's not a problem for Thothy, then, hey, not a problem with me. Well, I did have a slight problem with the canola oil, and I did read something about canola oil that resonated a truth within me. Canola oil is bad for people with low thyroid. I have since started using other various oils. (I think I read that on this board, and 8 pounds down later, I thank this board.) Nice post.

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: January 13, 2012 06:02PM

hydridizing and genetically modifying are two different things rawalice

John Kohler did a bit on it in a video recently [www.youtube.com]

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Date: January 13, 2012 07:06PM

Interesting... do you know anything more about the canola + thyroid link? Thyroid issues are soooo prevalent these days.

Date: January 13, 2012 07:23PM

Yeah, I guess iodine poor soil can be a factor in some places. It was in a random thread somewhere, I think.

Date: January 13, 2012 09:23PM

Maybe rapeseed[Canola seed] is goitrogenic just like flaxseed? Gonna look this up . . . . Yup, 'tis.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2012 09:24PM by Tamukha.

Date: January 14, 2012 07:43PM

Oh wow Tamukha, all this time I thought canola oil was sunflower seed oil. Are flaxseeds really goitrogenic? It's not on my list.

Date: January 15, 2012 02:35PM

rawalice,

This is pretty comprehensive:

[iodine4health.com]

Date: January 15, 2012 03:11PM

Are you feeling okay Tamukha?

Date: January 15, 2012 06:01PM

Mercola's distributing this through his newsletter today. It's relevant.

[articles.mercola.com]

Date: January 15, 2012 07:37PM

rawalice,

Uh, yes, I'm feeling fine. [?]

I posted the link to give you another list of goitrogens. Hope it helps.

Date: January 15, 2012 07:40PM

That was, as usual lately, boring! I can say though, although it doesn't seem widely publicized, I'm so pleased with the ban on DDT. Though, one wonders if it would be acceptable for use in urban areas or in products like OFF. (or is that something else?) I think the major concern is the wheat crops.

If only we could just go ALL organic, even if it's sourced from organic chemistry, maybe that would be a healthy compromise?

So, what is Monsanto anyways, the makers of Roundup?? I actually enjoy picking weeds by hand. I think harsh herbicides should be used sparingly, like only for poison ivy or something. I think that's what's wrong with this world. Wildflowers, weeds, yeah. Just imagine your yard with little patches of white clover for the bees. Patches of four leaf clovers, red clovers, wildflowers to grace the yard when you don't feel like cutting. I mean, I know dandelions are a pain, but really, you can eat them, make the roots into medicine, and picking them is a nice excuse to get outside after a rain. Of course, for problems in big fields, I suppose that's where the organic chemistry would be helpful.

Date: January 16, 2012 07:23PM

"In part one of this interview, Dr. Huber discussed the shocking discovery of a brand new organism in genetically engineered (GE) crops—an organism that has been clearly linked to infertility and miscarriage in cattle, horses, pigs, sheep, and poultry that are raised on GE feed."

My question is whether the organism found is truly a product of the Genetic Modification, or may it have been a false finding? Is it possible this organism was introduced into these crops?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables