Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

The raw food diet a raw deal??
Date: January 10, 2012 10:48PM

interesting article

[www.livescience.com]

I wonder if there is another article that can refute it

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: The raw food diet a raw deal??
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 10, 2012 11:27PM

It dates back to 2006--eons ago. Also, stretches argumentatively from the start. I shouldn't worry that this will discredit us smiling smiley

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: January 11, 2012 12:24AM

The article says that steve jobs tried a raw food diet...

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: January 11, 2012 04:14AM

Jobs was vegan for much of his life. I believe that he started as a teenager. As far as I know he did dabble in raw veganism. To use him or anyone like him as an example of any diet's supposed shortcomings fails to see the entire picture. We can't become healthy on diet alone. Attaining real health is a complete lifestyle. Jobs was a stressed-out workaholic. He would go for days without sleep. Whether he was pre-disposed to cancer or not, his lifestyle outside of his diet had a deeply negative effect on his immunity. Quality of sleep should come before all else.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/11/2012 04:16AM by HeavenHands.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: January 11, 2012 05:12AM

This is an excellent article if you haven't seen it already: Why Did Steve Jobs Die?.

Posted by: rawalice ()
Date: January 11, 2012 05:57AM

Is there really a need to refute that article? It's an obvious plug for a macrobiotic diet and an annoying as hell article. (Though perhaps it's just someone posing as a macrobiotic advocate.) It also wrongfully stereotypes something the writer obviously hasn't tried out for himself, or else he wouldn't be questioning the benefits of healthy live enzymes, though to his credit, he does mention a few of it's good points, of which I personally would attest to. And who made raw fooding into raw veganism?
Maybe it was just Mr. Jobs time to go.

Posted by: suncloud ()
Date: January 11, 2012 06:02AM

Thanks Prana. Good article!

Date: January 11, 2012 06:17AM

And on the b12/zinc note, perhaps it's not so much needing to eat meat products so much as needing to reclaim our connection to the earth. As one forum participant noted, if b12 / zinc can be gained by osmosis through contact with earth, than that would refute that particular claim, right? Maybe for the zinc, we all just need to climb more rocks barefeet or something.

Date: January 11, 2012 02:49PM

Really useful article, Prana--Thanks!

Posted by: ivac ()
Date: January 11, 2012 06:20PM

Do we believe that a person can cure his/her cancer, no matter how progressed (except on the deathbed), if he/she eats a 100% Organic Raw Food Diet and Juice and drink only pure water and breathe fresh air? I'd like to think so.

Posted by: rawfoodslim ()
Date: January 15, 2012 11:14PM

Thanks for sharing this. I have been intrigued by Steve's death because I knew that he already switched to raw food when he recovered from cancer.

Prana Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> This is an excellent article if you haven't seen
> it already: Why Did Steve Jobs Die?.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 16, 2012 04:40AM

Thx Prana, just goes to show the lengths people will go to in order to justify SAD. Also, I rather like Dr McDougall's articles, and he usually backs up his points with reference citations.

Date: January 16, 2012 10:07AM

I've been wondering about the effects of vitamin C on cancer.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: January 16, 2012 02:20PM

Regarding the article,
Everyone is going to have their own opinion out there.
The world of nutrition and what to eat has more arguments and inconsistancies than any other topic I can think of.
Quite frankly,I get sick of hearing all of it.

VINNY

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 02:20PM by eaglefly.

Date: January 16, 2012 02:23PM

rawalice,

Well, Vitamin C is a potent antioxident, and Intravenous C has proven effective against metastatic aniogenic cancers, 'cos it goes direct to their nuclei in the blood the cells are stealing from your healthy cells. Google Dr. Hugh Riordan. And Linus Pauling, for that matter! smiling smiley

A while ago, someone here posted a news vid from New Zealand, I think, of a farmer who was cured of a variety of things, including cancer, with high dose Vit C.

Found it online:
[www.3news.co.nz]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/16/2012 02:24PM by Tamukha.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables