Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Cardiovascular Detoxing
Posted by: tropical ()
Date: October 10, 2006 09:48PM

Ok, so we have all seen pics of blood vessels clogged with plaque after years of eating SAD.

Question: does one detox all that somehow on raw and how does that happen? Is it gradual erosion by the blood or does it flake off?

Does it even detox?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Cardiovascular Detoxing
Posted by: Bryan ()
Date: October 10, 2006 10:03PM

Yes, all the artery clogging can get cleared on a low fat raw diet that is absent of saturated fats. A person with clogged arteries should not be eating coconut oil/butter.

In fact, arteries can clear themselves even on a cooked low fat vegan diet, again a diet without oils and without saturated fats.

Posted by: Raine ()
Date: October 10, 2006 11:51PM

I agree with Bryan.

To keep me motivated to achieve my 30 day juice fast (I'm on day 8), I do a lot of reading online about the benefits of raw/juicing. Many sites emphasize the fact that when eating a low calorie raw/juice diet, the body begins to cannabalize the disease and toxins within itself. This does include plaque in the blood veins. Another comment is that it allows the heart to slow down and rest more and the blood pressure to decrease.

High blood pressure runs in my family - I've personally been tested anywhere from 120/70 (about normal) to 180/110 (stroke level). The sad thing was that I felt totally calm when that high reading took place. And no it wasn't the equipment because I tested unusually high with other equipment as well.

Not once have I taken any type of prescription medication for this. I firmly believe the answer lies within the diet.

Since beginning this juice fast, I've not tested the blood pressure but I did have a major AH HA! moment earlier today.... my resting heart rate is usually around 100 -- today it's at 70.

~raine~

Posted by: tropical ()
Date: October 11, 2006 05:06PM

Thanks for all the interesting info!

Posted by: shep252 ()
Date: October 11, 2006 07:18PM

I know that my blood pressure has gone way down to normal. And my heart isn't racing anymore.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables