Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Using A Raw Elimination Diet To Find Out What Foods Are Really Good For You
Posted by: RusticBohemian ()
Date: January 24, 2012 07:04AM

I've found that if you want to know if a food is really good for you there's one surefire way to find out: introduce it to a healthy, vital body at the top of its game and note how it reacts.

Sound too simple?

On the surface it sounds that way. I'm a big fan of science and spend a lot of time pouring over nutrition and health studies, but at the end of the day I'm looking at that data to tell me why something won't work rather than if it will at all.

Although I've run into people who tell me I concentrate too much on science and logic, over my years as a raw foodist my own body has actually been my best food test laboratory

I use a little technique called Andrew's Litmus Test, a raw food elimination diet based around the concept used by doctors to find allergies and other food problems.

Rather than trusting someone else, I like to take it down to a personal level. If my body reacts in certain ways to a food, I know it's not an ideal choice. Interestingly, the insights gained through using this technique are usually verified by the science once I get around to looking at the data.

I'd like to know if you guys have ever used this technique or something similar and if you've had any interesting insights.

You can read my explanation of how to use Andrew's Litmus Test here: [www.raw-food-health.net]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Using A Raw Elimination Diet To Find Out What Foods Are Really Good For You
Posted by: nrothgarden ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:13AM

This all goes along with my philosophy that everyone's body is a little different and we need to each find what we personally feel best eating. But our options should always be from vegan and raw sources. Those food sources can supply such a variety of preferences that everyone should be able to find what works best for them.

Check out my raw food review blog at rawfoodland.com!

Re: Using A Raw Elimination Diet To Find Out What Foods Are Really Good For You
Posted by: nrothgarden ()
Date: January 25, 2012 01:13AM

This all goes along with my philosophy that everyone's body is a little different and we need to each find what we personally feel best eating. But our options should always be from vegan and raw sources. Those food sources can supply such a variety of preferences that everyone should be able to find what works best for them.

Check out my raw food review blog at rawfoodland.com!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables