Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

will green veg. make you so yellow?
Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: January 27, 2012 08:41PM

Hi all,

Two months ago, I noticed that I look so yellow. I have been 60-70% raw for 5 months.
everyday, I drink organic salad mixes with banana daily (use blender to blender them)
Just wonder whether greens can make you look so yellow? (read Steve Jobs biography and mentined he looked orange one time as he drank lots of orange jucie daily)

Thank you for your help.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: will green veg. make you so yellow?
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: January 27, 2012 11:06PM

Steve Jobs probably looked yellow, because his cancer-stricken pancreas was pressing against his poor liver and gall bladder, causing jaundice. I think Dr. McDougall mused about this in a newsletter. You can get an orange tinge from lots of Vitamin A, but orange juice isn't an abundant source.

I am assuming you mean that you are orangey, like in the palms of your hands. I knew someone who got this way from drinking too much fresh carrot juice! Leafy greens have a lot of orangey Vitamin A, but it's concealed under the green pigment.

If you mean that you are excessively sallow, like yellowish around your neck and face and thighs and upper arms, I would recommend going to a doctor to have your liver checked.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: January 27, 2012 11:19PM

I second the last paragraph!

I knew someone who had a lovely sort of faux tan from drinking loads of carrot and green juice as part of an anti-cancer regimen. He looked nice though, not too unnatural.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: January 28, 2012 10:05PM

I think it could be a healing/detox of your liver. I'd say to keep doing the raw foods and drinks. If you have a real concern you may want to see an ND.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: jj2011 ()
Date: January 31, 2012 10:06PM

Is this true?
[blog.reneerouleau.com]

Date: January 31, 2012 10:24PM

Take a look at the picture gallery of raw food people..different degrees of being raw..and you can see how many of them glow with health and some even have before and after pics of themselves and then you tell us what you think is true.

Love,
Prism

Date: February 01, 2012 12:55AM

You have posted that link at least twice on different posts..and it promotes a SAD so what is that all about? This is a vegan/raw food website.

My above post stands though..what was remarkable to me was the glow and health people who were following a high or all raw food diet exhibited.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 01, 2012 02:50PM

I knew a fitness guru in Philly that was orange from all the carrots he ate.
I called him "Golden Boy"

Vinny

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables