Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Best food to break a fast???
Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: February 09, 2012 08:26PM

and why?

Love laugh and dream

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Best food to break a fast???
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 09, 2012 08:29PM

Whatever ever is best tolerated by your own body. Everyone is different, my friend begins his day with fruit and gets on really well. Me i prefer abit more protein and even a little fat first thing in the morning.

Carbs alone in the morning is not something i have tolerated well since adrenal fatigue.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 10, 2012 12:50AM

Prof. Arnold Ehret suggests a food that has a mild laxative effect, since there would be a build up of toxins waiting for and being eliminated, and he doesn't recommend fruit, especially citrus. He actually says some raw or steamed starchless vegies or sauerkraut. However, if the person is already reasonably clean, then fruit is ok.

If you haven't read his book 'Rational Fasting', do yourself a treat and buy it. Just go to the official Arnold Ehret web site and there are heaps of really good books on sale. Ok, back to your question. I broke a 40 day fast with tomatoes with no adverse effects, and they were the sweetest fruits I've ever tasted haha.

Cheers, geo

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 10, 2012 01:19AM

Most people I know use fruit to come off from a water fast.

Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: February 10, 2012 04:49AM

I would say that it really depends on what kind of fast you've been on. A fruit juice, tea or water fast would best break by gradually adding fibers into your diet, to give bulk to your stool. I would say unpeeled fruits and greens are a good place to start.

Good luck!

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 10, 2012 07:05AM

Yes, and I've broken all my fasts with fruit too, thinking that it's the most digestable food and easy on the system. However, what Ehret says does makes sense.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 10, 2012 10:10AM

I break-fast every morning with juicy fruit. Best thing ever! smiling smiley

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables