Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Man suffers heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill.
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:06PM

Hmm, yes, shocking.

[ca.news.yahoo.com]

And here we are arguing over too much fruit. LOL.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Man suffers heart attack at the Heart Attack Grill.
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:28PM

The Onion News Network is now irrelevant.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: February 16, 2012 03:36PM

The irony, but i guess at the end of the day people know what there getting into when it comes to this sort of thing, the restaurant name is the clue lol, if the heart attack was caused by poor lifestyle of course. There could be other factors.

Same as people who spend there life away in pubs drinking, everyone knows its bad but many still constantly ruin their body with it weekly.

I guess it goes to show how powerful and addictive fast food is, keeps you coming back for more even though after the initial 1-2 minute high you get, it leaves you bloated, fatigued, horrible and greasy lol.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 16, 2012 03:42PM

Did you read this bit?

"Not only is the restaurant named the Heart Attack Grill, but its sign tells prospective diners that anyone "over 350 pounds eats free." There's even a tongue-in-cheek warning sign at the restaurant's door stating that the offered dining fare is a health risk."

They sell an item called "flatliner" fries!

"Some of the menu items available for diners at the Heart Attack Grill include: The butterfat milkshake, non-filtered cigarettes, "flatliner" fries and four different burgers, each rated on an ascending scale of one bypass to the quadruple bypass burger."

How is this sort of place even legal? Do you have to sign a waver to eat there? Geez.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 16, 2012 04:27PM

They should have a hearse parked out back.
Its sick places like that even exist,for all the milions of families that have lost members from attacks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/16/2012 04:33PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: February 16, 2012 06:22PM

What will open next?
Insulin Shock Cafe?
Or Stroke Buffet?

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 17, 2012 12:47AM

I wonder if there will be any legal action against the restaurant by the man who suffered the heart attack.

Date: February 17, 2012 12:53AM

I HIGHLY doubt it, he can't prove it wasn't his former lifestyle that caused the heart attack. Considering where he was dining I'm fairly certain that's exactly what it was. One quadruple bypass burger with a side of flatliner fries does not a lawsuit make :/.
You gotta wonder about the death wishes of people who pursue that sort of lifestyle. Sometimes they are so Loud and Proud of their horrific habits, it's a bafflement to me.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:00AM

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: February 17, 2012 02:31AM

rawgosia Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> But was it yummy?

Dead flesh? NOT!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: February 17, 2012 07:27AM

But he lived... Maybe some lovely, living, green leaves will find him.

I don't understand the loud and proud types either?

Date: February 17, 2012 07:46AM

The article said that the restaurant couldn't be sued cause no-one can say they didn't get plenty of warnings (the names plus there's a notice on the door that says the food maybe hazardous to your health).

Just goes to show that people will do what they want, regardless of all the warnings.

Posted by: vegmichelle ()
Date: February 17, 2012 08:00AM

I'm not sure if this is ironic or downright frightening. Of course you can't pin a man's heart attack on a single meal, clearly in most cases people with a history of unhealthy eating are at a high risk of coronary heart disease.

What's shocking is that the restuarant owners somehow think it is humorous that there's an obesity pandemic in America and that people are actually dying exactly because of the types of foods they sell. Sickening.

Keeping it raw at [rawfoodhealthwatch.com]

Date: February 17, 2012 08:46AM

Yeah, your right, and if you listen closely, you can actually hear people laughing cause they prob think it's a put on like the article said. God, what's the world coming to...

Date: February 17, 2012 11:39AM

Im from a different school of thought, fast food restaurants are always going to be there. Lets face it if someone wants to eat that crap once in a while and follows a healthy lifestyle there isn't going to be much problems.

Problems rise and occur when people eat this sort of food daily, which to be fair many do. Same goes for alcohol, have a little wine etc a few times a year your not going to suffer much consequences. Start drinking daily and you'll notice your health erode in no time.

We can't ban everything in the world because many people are weak willed and lazy. No one forces anyone to eat at a "heart attack grill" everyday.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 17, 2012 02:02PM

Well, "they" actually say a glass of wine daily is a good thing. These are the same people extolling the virtues of coffee and chocolate though so take that with a big grain of sea salt, lol.
A big problem I think, beyond a restaurant boasting about how dreadful their menu is for your health, are the fast food places like McDeathBurger who try to disguise their wretched offerings as somehow healthy. Ugh. They market heart smart choices and a "better" kids menu and many people are snowed into thinking they're making a good choice when they order those items. Like slightly poisonous is not as bad as really poisonous. Does it matter? Can you be slightly dead instead of really dead? Dumb.

Date: February 17, 2012 03:10PM

I split the diff between powerlifer and coco and say: End the subsidies for the base level products offered at places like this and advertised to the public from age 3--Happy Meals have toys!--and if places like this still persist, and people patronize them, well, fair enough.

I betcha things would be different if places like this had to go it all alone with individual small scale sources and a public not conditioned to think what's on their menu is food, though.

Date: February 17, 2012 04:03PM

Take a look at this picture and decide whether this would even rate on your list of novelty food items at any time in your life (like when you may have eaten meat, junk food, etc). I can't say that even at my hungriest mindless-teenage-junkfood-inhaling stage I would have said yes.

[www.ratestogo.com]

Date: February 17, 2012 10:47PM

I just sort of threw up.

Posted by: rawgosia ()
Date: February 17, 2012 11:40PM

Curiosity can kill.

RawGosia channel
RawGosia streams

Date: February 18, 2012 01:15AM

Well hey, in Oz they have these very horribly graphic pics on cigarette packets, but it doesn't seem to deter many. I guess to must have some effect, but it's a similar thing as the 'heart attack BBQ'

Date: February 18, 2012 06:56AM

powerlifer Wrote:
> Im from a different school of thought, fast food
> restaurants are always going to be there. Lets
> face it if someone wants to eat that crap once in
> a while and follows a healthy lifestyle there
> isn't going to be much problems.
>
> Problems rise and occur when people eat this sort
> of food daily, which to be fair many do. Same goes
> for alcohol, have a little wine etc a few times a
> year your not going to suffer much consequences.
> Start drinking daily and you'll notice your health
> erode in no time.
>
> We can't ban everything in the world because many
> people are weak willed and lazy. No one forces
> anyone to eat at a "heart attack grill" everyday.
>
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

It gets irritating to me when people agonize (in the US) about the skyrocketing cost of health care, while simultaneously laughing at raw foodists and scarfing their McDonald's. If they want to eat junk and be respectful, fine, but the trifecta of junk-eating, moaning about health care costs, and mocking people who try to eat healthy...well, let's just say it tries my patience. Granted, I'm preaching to the choir.

I'd like to just laugh and wish the consequences of their own behavior on them, but it's really becoming a burden on this country, with the aging population, junk food, and sedentary lifestyle all working together. It'd be nice to have some money to spend on something other than caring for the health of the Baby Boomers who won't change their diet and lifestyle, you know?

Date: February 18, 2012 10:53AM

Yeah, im not sure what the answer is really. We need to engrain healthy eating habits when young, this seems to be the smartest route. Even then ive watched enough of Jamie's dinners to know that even the young especially over in the US have bad habits engrained such as pizza for breakfast.

These calorie laden, tasty foods are addictive and its no wonder they would choose a pizza over some other healthier choice. Banning these establishments that sell unhealthy food isn't the answer either, prohibition and banning anything never results in a favourable result.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: February 18, 2012 02:24PM

cherimoya_kid Wrote:

> It gets irritating to me when people agonize (in
> the US) about the skyrocketing cost of health
> care, while simultaneously laughing at raw
> foodists and scarfing their McDonald's. If they
> want to eat junk and be respectful, fine, but the
> trifecta of junk-eating, moaning about health care
> costs, and mocking people who try to eat
> healthy...well, let's just say it tries my
> patience. Granted, I'm preaching to the choir.
>
> I'd like to just laugh and wish the consequences
> of their own behavior on them, but it's really
> becoming a burden on this country, with the aging
> population, junk food, and sedentary lifestyle all
> working together. It'd be nice to have some money
> to spend on something other than caring for the
> health of the Baby Boomers who won't change their
> diet and lifestyle, you know?

Oh, try living in Canada where we pay for each other's health care costs! I mean, I wouldn't have it any other way as it's such a fine system but still... I hardly ever go to the doctor, I want it to be available for free when I've got an emergency for the kids or I but h3lls bells, I SURE don't want services burdened or restricted for everybody because so many willfully unhealthy people are literally clogging up the system. The obesity, the smoking related diseases, the heart attacks from a combined lack of exercise and stress... come on now, that's ALL preventable. Paper Tigers, I don't want to have to pay for that.

Date: February 18, 2012 07:03PM

I think I read somewhere that around 16-20% of healthcare costs in the US are simply administrative, whereas in Europe it's more like 4%.

I mentioned that on another message board, and the conservative political trolls completely refused to address it. They have no answer, that's why.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables