Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Starting a WATER FAST!!! with alkaline water. Please advise. smiling smiley
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: February 24, 2012 05:27PM

Hello Everyone,

I am starting a water fast on Tuesday. Going for 14-21 days or more. I will see how I feel. I have a Kangen water machine at home so my water will be alkaline and not distilled. ALso on Tuesday as well as Wednesday I am going for a Colonic Hydrotherapy. SO my colon will be somewhat clean. grinning smiley

And FYI-I have been 95 % raw for the past 6 weeks and so. And will never go back to SAD/cooked food.

Can you please give me some tips on:

what to expect
avoid
what to do with bad breath. tongue sticking out smiley LOL
what are your experiences???
what goes on as well as spiritually
and the stages to expect!!!!
spiritual experiences?
weight loss?

I m doing it for numerous reasons!! Spiritual, detox as well as weight loss. I am 5'7 and 165 lbs.

Thank you ahead of time. grinning smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Starting a WATER FAST!!! with alkaline water. Please advise. smiling smiley
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: February 24, 2012 06:56PM

benetgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I m doing it for numerous reasons!! Spiritual, detox as well as weight loss.

Your Enthusiasm is Infectious. I, for one, will be following your progress. I'm a Gnats Whisker away from doing a long Fast too. It is said to burn away Bad Karma.
Just remember....Anyone can Fast. It's what you do afterwords that really matters....breaking the Fast and the new Diet you choose to adopt. Going back to old Bad Habits will only undo what was accomplished by the fast.
Stay Strong......WY

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: February 24, 2012 08:52PM

Hi,
Whenever I do a fast I go into it in as many days as I am going to fast, and come out of it in as many days also. So I go from raw to raw fruit to juice and then to water and reverse. Good for you.

Posted by: Prana ()
Date: February 24, 2012 09:16PM

The first time I did a water fast, I had major flu like symptoms. But I had been eating a SAD diet, and had only started transition to a raw diet for a few months.

You can expect to have detox symptoms. If you don't know what detox is, check out Detoxification.

Its best to get as much bed rest as you can. The healing comes more from the rest more than anything else.

For bad breath, you can try brushing, but often the bad smells are not on your teeth or in your mouth, but from you digestive system. Some people like to scrape their tongues.

Weight loss on a water fast is often temporary. When you start eating again, often the weight returns. But not always.

You may find times when your mind gets really quiet, because you don't have the fuel to do alot of thinking. On the other hand, you may find times when you can't get your mind to shut up. I would say love it the way it is when this happens. That is, don't resist what shows up, but surrender to it.

The hardest part of the fast is breaking the fast, because the mind is going to want to eat the fridge. This is a particularly dangerous part of the fast, and you have to exercise some discipline when refeeding yourself.

Also, when you are fasting, you are more vulnerable to other people's energies, especially negative energies. You might want to pay attention to this, and if it doesn't feel good to be around people, excuse yourself and leave.

Date: February 24, 2012 09:35PM

Awesome!!!! Join me and let's check up on each other and compare. smiling smiley

Date: February 24, 2012 09:47PM

I forgot to mention, I have been trying to go raw for ages!!!!! like years, I used to post here once in a while....I have also done the Master cleanse a couple of times.... but never water!!!! SO I am a little afraid! sad smiley If hunger will haunt me... And when I say 95 % Raw, I mean I cheated with rice miso, or a tablespoon of tahini...stuff like that. ALso I know for sure now I will stay raw...it is so easy for me now!!!! So different!! smiling smiley I can't stand the cruelty and harm that is being done to animals! Dairy is disgusting now! I have no regrets what so ever going raw and do not miss foods. smiling smiley Like magic, funny... I am so grateful that that the higher power finally blessed me with this courage to go 100% RAW!!! I do not know why it took so long to get here!

The getting rid of bad karma sounds good. smiling smiley I have a lot of emotional detox to do.

And being sensitive to energies? ok... will keep that in mind.

What about spiritual awareness... ??? I feel like I need some answers or make sense of what to do next in my life.....

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: February 25, 2012 03:56AM

nice to see you again hun its been a couple of years smiling smiley glad you are still trying . Its when you stop trying then you gotta worry ! smiling smiley

welcome back !! grinning smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: February 25, 2012 06:04AM

Be careful what you eat to break the fast. Eat something watery, like carrot/celery juice or watermelon.

I would stop the fast as soon as you stop getting "tongue fur" in the morning.

Use the time for quiet reflection. Write down or record your observations that come to mind.

Date: February 25, 2012 06:15AM

Thank you.. I am back.... smiling smiley And for good. SOmething else happened within me!!! smiling smiley

I have had really two tough years. sad smiley TOugh. Before I went raw, I had to do tak care of something else in my life!!!!! After the fast I will juice for a couple of days... and then eat slowly....

Actually I am no longer trying to be raw, I am..so simple.... grinning smiley and so grateful for this feeling.

Date: March 03, 2012 03:35PM

So it is day five..... I am drinking 2-3 liters of alkaline water a day...

I had 3 colon cleanses in the first three days.

I don't feel any hunger,

BUT

I can barely move.... not lazy, but my body just wants to lay in bed..and I have some errands to do.. sad smiley My body and muscles ache.... I feel dizzy, my heartbeat is fast, and I literally have to drag my body even to the bathroom. Standing up for 30 seconds is pure torture!!!!!!

Where is this ENERGY that people had that I kept hearing about??? And I want to sleep a lot.

My friend who did this barely slept on this cleanse!!!! WHY???

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 03, 2012 03:52PM

Your body will have to find its own groove. You won't be ultra energized! but soon you will feel energy as in weight is slowly being lifted. water fasting is good. But very often juice fasting is much better and more powerful and definitely more sustainable. It even speeds up weight loss and detoxification. Your metabolism is going to be super slow right now. If you were to amp it up by drinking some green juice every day you would burn more calories, and provide your body with every nutrient it needs while aiding the detox by keeping all your systems running. I recommend going for a while like you are, then doing juice only for as long as you want. You can do juice only until you reach your dream weight. You need to watch the movie called "FAT SICK AND NEARLY DEAD" it will show you what is up!
you are gonna feel crappy. This is your body's built up toxins and imbalances. you will find balance!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables