Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

milk thistle negative effect experienced
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 29, 2012 01:26PM

Hi.

I wonder if I could get your opinion in this topic. I took milk thistle to work out the liver a little (but I did not have any know problems). Then I stopped going to ... as frequently as I used to. My stool became very infrequent, dark, hard, and like concentrated. This in turn created a chain reaction. Since I was taking lots of fiber with fruits and salads, the fiver had more time to ferment and create gases, which bloated me to high levels. As soon as I stop taking milk sizzle (well 2 days later, everything went back to normal.

My question is this. Does this mean that I have a problem with my liver (maybe contaminated)?

Thanks

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: milk thistle negative effect experienced
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: February 29, 2012 04:58PM

Milk thistle helps regenerate liver tissue so if you do not have cirrhosis, or some comparable problem, maybe this isn't the best supplement to be on. I wonder if powerlifer would say, "bitters, mate, bitters"? In which case, I'd agree smiling smiley

Glad you are doing better, Panchito.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 29, 2012 05:05PM

I know milk thistle is supposed to cleanse the liver, and have used it on occasion without incident. Where are you feeling the bloating. if it is your GI tract, that's not necessarily due to the milk thistle.

The best detox, bar none, is a water fast. Have you done one or considered doing one? [www.amazon.com]
[www.amazon.com]

these can help you consider upto a 3 day fast to give your body a chance to rest. I've done 12 days but worked up to it. I wish you well.

Paul

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: February 29, 2012 06:23PM

pborst Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------

> The best detox, bar none, is a water fast. Have
> you done one or considered doing one?
> [www.amazon.com]
> l-Conquering/dp/031218719X/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=
> 1330535001&sr=8-1
> [www.amazon.com]
> werful-Healing/dp/B0062D1QP2/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qi
> d=1330535037&sr=8-1

> Paul

I actually started with this 5 day fast smiling smiley

[www.amazon.com]

Then, during that time I became aware of raw foods and I started raw food right after the fast. It is crazy how one thing can lead you to another.

Thanks for the opinions. I'll stop milk thistle as it gives me this weird effect. Feels great not to be bloated smiling smiley One thing I learned is to pay attention to what I eat, otherwise I could be attributing feeling bloated with raw food, which I see people complaining about it all the time. I think they don't go often enough to the bathroom.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: February 29, 2012 06:51PM

your not taking the milk thisle while you are fasting I hope??? You can use fasting or therapeutics but don't mix them. The whole power of a water fast is to just let your body do its job and get rid of toxins. Please look into water only therapy without vitamins or supplements as a possible option. If you choose to do juice fasting. it's like a low calorie diet. You will detox at a much slower rate. but a juice fast is not a true fast... it's pretty much a low calorie diet. Gave you the best two sources I know of to accomplish that on a short term basis. Next move is up to you. Good luck.

Paul

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: March 01, 2012 02:49AM

Every time I say this I don't believe anyone listens. Whenever you have a reaction to an oral therapy you should consider Leaky Gut. Although in this case I am not sure, need more and better symtoms. Milk Thistle should not do this but I guess in some people it happens. The first thing I thought was the Leaky Gut thing is letting to much of the Milk Thistle into the blood and this is actually making digestine worse. Or maybe it is working well and digesting some little nasty's in the GI tract and causing bloating.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 01, 2012 09:18AM

Milk thistle actually has a mild laxative effect for some, constipation i have heard occur in a small number of individuals.

If it is definitley the milk thistle then there are a number of other liver herbs to choose from.

What are you taking the raw powder?, a formula, extract?

Haha Tamukha exactly my thinkingwinking smiley

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: March 02, 2012 01:37AM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi.
>
> I wonder if I could get your opinion in this
> topic. I took milk thistle to work out the liver a
> little (but I did not have any know problems).
> Then I stopped going to ... as frequently as I
> used to. My stool became very infrequent, dark,
> hard, and like concentrated. This in turn created
> a chain reaction. Since I was taking lots of fiber
> with fruits and salads, the fiver had more time to

> ferment and create gases, which bloated me to high
> levels. As soon as I stop taking milk sizzle (well
> 2 days later, everything went back to normal.
>
> My question is this. Does this mean that I have a
> problem with my liver (maybe contaminated)?
>
> Thanks

I thought I would add some more and answer your question? I would say NO this does not mean you have a problem with your liver imo. IMO it might mean you have an underlying condition though, like Leaky Gut, but would not worry about any other serious diseases as long as you have had good blood work. You cannot diagnose L.G. any other way but to pay close attention to how you react to particular foodstuff, medication, alcohal, sugar, salt and some others. This is a real common problem that gets no attention because it is So! illusive. If you want to test yourself for this PM me.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables