Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Epsom salt soaks
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: March 02, 2012 11:09PM

Folks,
Does anyone include regular epsom salk baths in their wellness program?

I do about 2-3 45 min long soaks per week,with about 2 cups in each bath.
I lay there,sip on my veggie juices,and contemplate,and give thanks.

Vinny

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Epsom salt soaks
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 02, 2012 11:21PM

I put salts in the bath whenever I have time to take one. The kids have salt baths about once a week or so. I'm curious to try out that magnetic clay bath though, that sounds awesome.

Posted by: lbanks ()
Date: March 07, 2012 05:13AM

i take epsom salts often after intense training sessions... they definitely help with sore muscles, plus it really gets the blow flowing through everything to kinda kickstart the healing process

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 07, 2012 06:38AM

I had a horrifying blister on my foot, once, and a sea salt + epsom salt bath cleared it up instantly. smiling smiley

I'm waiting for my tax returns to order the magnetic clay. <3

Epsom soaks are also wonderful for sore muscles...

Date: March 07, 2012 02:12PM

Glad you all are having good experiences with epsom soaks.smiling smiley

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 07, 2012 02:48PM

Never got on well with any salt baths myself but this was during severe adrenal fatigue. They would make my heart go crazy.

Love magnesium baths though, the ancient minerals brand they are good. I still feel though if you are using solely for the reason of increasing your magnesium levels that the transdermal oil is the most efficient method.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 08, 2012 12:21AM

I'm lovin baths with magnesium, sea salt and bicarb of soda. They help me sleep when I've been around too many crazy energies all day. And apparently the bicarb helps get rid of chlorine in the water?

I also read recently about how to make your own transdermal magnesium oil, just add a cup of magnesium chloride flakes to a cup of water.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 08, 2012 11:25AM

Watch the bicarb of soda Lisa, it is very alkaline and the skin is meant to remain slightly acidic PH to prevent opportunistic pathogens such as candida.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 08, 2012 02:33PM

How about rinsing with a dilution of vinegar and water to regain proper PH after a baking soda bath? That's a good thing to do after any bath, great for the hair too. It can be ACV or plain white vinegar though white vinegar is often GMO so purchase carefully.

Posted by: lisa m ()
Date: March 09, 2012 12:50AM

oh, thanks for the heads up Power lifer smiling smiley I don't think I put that much in.. guess it would depend on the pH of the tap water as well.. plus, I always oil my body after a bath or shower, using a veg oil like sesame.. I seem to remember Daniel Vitalis talking about how that protects the skin from pathogens..
here's the link that I got the idea from: [www.wikihow.com]

Coco, yeah I've been using ACV as a 'conditioner' for my hair lately, it works good. And I use bicarb of soda as a shampoo. 1 tablespoon bicarb in 1 cup of water, and 1 tablespoon ACV in 1 cup of water. so easy, natural, and cheap!

Posted by: vermontnl ()
Date: March 10, 2012 11:17PM

Epsom salts baths are also good for cleansing of emotional releases. I have done multiple baths after deep body-mind therapy and it helped much.

Date: March 11, 2012 01:28AM

Thats exactly the inner drive I do them .
Seems to be an emotional release of some kind.
Always feel better afterwards.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables