Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Nothing seems appetizing RAW!
Posted by: tolondontoparis ()
Date: March 10, 2012 06:36PM

I know being RAW is thew best, but honestly nothing makes me want to eat it unless it is drenched in some kind of sauce that takes time to make. How come? I don't want to pay for YURI whatever's book, I just want success. Will my taste-buds adapt? I just feel like everything tastes bitter or not Delicious enough for me to eat it. I don't want to live off of green smoothies either! I want real raw meals, but they don't seem to exist without fancy products and "super foods."

Sigh!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Nothing seems appetizing RAW!
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2012 07:04PM

Hi and welcome L2P, and the good news is that your taste bud cells are replaced fairly rapidly, every couple of weeks from memory. So it won't be long before you'll be liking the flavour of raw foods, and even ones that you didn't really like. That's what happened to me, as I loathed avo's but adore them now haha.

Your taste is most likely geared to an over abundance of salt, suger and fat, so in the beginning, I'd try to eat the raw foods that you would put in a salad, like in coleslaw. Tomato, lettuce, grated cabbage, cucumber, grated carrot, avocado, olives and raw corn is very sweet. Also, add soaked lentils or nonGM soya beans or any bean mix. I usually use the organic tin beans, but I flush off any residue with clean water using a colander. I know they're not raw, but they're tasty. You can then add some vegies not usually included in a salad, like red or green capsicum etc.

All the best for you...

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 10, 2012 07:06PM

Oh, forgot to mention that you can season to taste with black pepper or low fat dressing for example.
Cheers

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 10, 2012 08:32PM

If you do a fast (3-5 days) then you'll reset your cultural-foods mind cravings faster. I eat a ~1.5lb salad every day (with a little of everything) and that is the closest thing to my previous foods.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 11, 2012 04:04AM

tolondontoparis,

It sounds like your previous diet wasn't high in raw plant foods. It will therefore take some time for your palate to retrain itself. Trust that your "monkey brain," dormant deep within you, will slowly revive and begin to recognize raw fruits and veggies as real food eventually! In the meantime, focus on eating things as ripe and fresh as possible to speed the process up. Find the fruits and veggies, nuts and seeds that are tastiest to you, and eat them in abundance. Later, you can branch out into a greater variety. Good luck!

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: March 12, 2012 03:05PM

yes, nothing makes food taste better than a good fast! even just 1 whole day with nothing will make you enjoy the simplest salad more than ever before!
yes, your taste buds will change. and yes, you should have a green smoothie everyday too!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables