Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Missing Trive, Suncloud, Curator, JuicerKatz, others
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: March 16, 2012 06:43PM

The flip side to the anger issue is coming on and missing people who used to post here and for whatever reason have taken a leave of absence. Sometimes I miss the notice. More often than not there is no notice or nothing is wrong and the person comes back.

Some of the folks who used to be around who I no longer see and miss include: Trive, Suncloud, Curator, Krefcenz, JuicerKatz, Arugula, RawPreston and probably a dozen others.

Is there anyone who used to post here who is absent that you miss? What did you like about his or her posts? (optional)

btw, I acknowledge that people come and go and it's always been that way. Just wanting to remember some of those who were here who helped enrich my life.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 06:45PM by pborst.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Missing Trive, Suncloud, Curator, JuicerKatz, others
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:51PM

Planta.
River Fraggle.
Baby.
Doghouse Reilly. I think I may have misspelled that...
Piotrek (though we are in sporadic touch in RL).
Narz (also in sporadic touch in RL).
DAVID MASON!!!
And even now and then that wacky dude Dr. Gonzo, ha ha.
Oh, and Maui Greg, he was awesome.

I'm sure there are many more.

But there are a few I don't miss at all, lol.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 03/16/2012 07:53PM by coco.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 16, 2012 07:51PM

I miss uma, coconutcreaam, and Brian for sure

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: March 16, 2012 10:04PM

Way before everyone's time was a guy named Zeno. He poured himself into each post, spending hours in the writings, and people identification....only to get no, or very few, replies.
I miss him......WY

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: March 16, 2012 10:53PM

I find it quite interesting that raw alice came in like gangbusters and *poof* was gone...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 17, 2012 01:24AM

The ones you mention, Paul, and especially David Zane Mason!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 17, 2012 01:38AM

I do remember Zeno though I don't think it was as dire as all that, was it? Goodness, it's been a while...

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 17, 2012 03:13AM

David Mason was very kind and honest, I remembered he volunteered a fruit guy challenge from Brian Clements to have his blood tested and have the result published. [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: Trive ()
Date: March 17, 2012 05:26AM

Awwww, pborst, how lovely to see your comment. Thank you for those kind words.

I'm still around - just trying to find my way.

Being almost 100% raw worked for me for a long time (over a year) - fantastically well, in fact. I got into raw food because of health concerns (serious acid reflux) and now I don't have that health concern at all. smiling smiley Several doctors had told me I would be on prescription medication for the rest of my life and one even said I needed fundoplication surgery! They have been officially proven wrong.
THANK YOU RAW FOOD!

But then an all raw food diet wasn't working for me. I started having hair loss. It became confusing for me to know what to do as far as diet. I felt like a traitor backing off of 100%. I am still struggling with my diet and with finding what percentage of raw is right for me. It was soooooo much easier for me to be "all in" and not have to think about how much of something should I have. Now temptations abound. When the only choice was which raw food to eat, life was simpler. I miss that.

Currently my diet is all over the map. Great some days and not so great other days. I wish it were settled, but it isn't. (That may be a reflection of my personal life, but that's a different story.)

Consequently, I haven't felt as confident writing here... not wanting to be hypocritical about backing off of 100% and not feeling comfortable writing about adding cooked food back into my diet.

So, I have become a lurker! Reading and only rarely posting, but still getting lots of support reading what others are writing. Thank you all. You mean a lot to me. I feel tremendously grateful for the knowledge, ideas, and community of support you provide.

My favorite raw vegan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: March 17, 2012 12:27PM

Trive,

Pish-posh! Each of us is marginally different, dietwise, from other people here, and as an experienced raw foodist--whatever you are now--your voice always has value.

Hope the personal stuff resolves in a way that proves good for you, in the long run.

Hugs smiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables