Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw in the Philippines
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 15, 2006 07:37AM

One would think it would be easy to be raw in the Philippines (RP) because it is a tropical island where coconuts, bananas, mangos, rambutan, etc. grow wild! The problem is the RP distribution system, value system and the RP preference for Western junk food. RP is centuries behind the USA in farming, distribution, refrigeration and preparation of fruits and veggies.

Trying to be a raw vegan here means that I go to the stinking public market and take my choice from dirty, rotten, small, expensive fruits and veggies--that taste like sawdust! It's enough to make me want to eat SAD along with the rest of the Filipinos and die at age 65 with the rest of the Filipinos.

I've been here 6 months and I realize I made a mistake to come to a tropical island to chase young women on the beach. This place is polluted, corrupt, dysfunctional and injust, in my opinion. . . . Sorry if there are any RP-lovers out there! I'm leaving!

Ron

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw in the Philippines
Posted by: jan ()
Date: October 15, 2006 09:00AM

Hi Ron,

You know what they say, "There's no place like home" " The grass is always greener on the other side" Oh well chalk it up to experience! Welcome Home!
Blessings
Jan

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables