Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Raw life or just raw food?
Posted by: rab ()
Date: March 23, 2012 05:14PM

What about life? Food is not everything. What about TV? Mental pollution is just as bad as physical, isn't it? Movies? Bad language? Unnatural political system that we live in?

So, do we just eat our fruit and mind our business? Do we watch futball and soccer games, vote for this or that guy depending on the media ads we have seen? Are we sumberged in the Matrix but just eat better than the rest of the slaves?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/23/2012 05:15PM by rab.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Raw life or just raw food?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 23, 2012 08:03PM

It's a wholsitic thing for us, natural living touches every part of our lives, what we bathe in, wear on our bodies and feet, where we shop, activities we do, everything. I'm not saying life is perfectly free from anything unnatural, of course not as that would be impossible! But we try to be mindful about all our choices as much as we're able.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: March 23, 2012 08:42PM

Raw food is an integral element of a bigger thing, the reverance for life. That is having respect for other life forms, not wasting resources, living cleanly, breathing properly. We cannot do it alone, we are interconnected with other creatures, life forms.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 23, 2012 08:49PM

To me diet is now just diet, i view food as fuel and i try to choose the best and highest quality fuel for my body, there was a time before when i would say i maybe had some level of orthorexia and this was long before i was introduced to raw. I was very hung up on diet and health to the point i did nothing else other than study, research, play around with different diets and yeah like i say to the point i stopped doing the things i once enjoyed.

I must admit i do play video games, watch tv, movies, listen to music, work out, play guitar, martial arts etc. I have to try fill the time with healthier activities than i was once partaking in i.e boozing all the time and worse.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: WanderRA ()
Date: March 23, 2012 09:00PM

Yes raw foodism for me is very much related to the spiritual path and detoxing from the materialistic way of life. I seem to be much more productive when I'm fully raw in the ways which matter.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 24, 2012 01:40AM

Raw food has been about this cosmic union with the earth, the earth being a macroscopic reflection of my body... within you, without you, some esoteric Beatles nonsense? smiling smiley

Date: March 24, 2012 03:45AM

phantom, don't start with Beatles, please. I have spent days watching videos about Paul's death and 'Faul's' appearance...too deep into that.

Thanks for the replies - I also feel that raw food is not something you can do without becoming more aware of the world and the spiritual spheres.
To me, the biggest challenge is not around me, it is in me. I have been thoroughly programmed since the early childhood (like most of the people I know) but when I tried to free myself from some of my misconceptions I realized how deep those are rooted. Maybe there are mentally stronger people than me (I am sure there are many) but I feel that I will have to completely change the lifestyle. I just can't stand the 'normal' life any more. I feel deeply violated by so many 'normal' things that it is impossible for me to go on like this. I need to be in close contact with nature, all the time. I just have to, there is no ifs or buts.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 24, 2012 03:52AM

My mom has always said that she feels like she comes from another planet, so many of the things that are just "business as usual" are incomprehensible to her. I grew up with her philosophy so for my formative years at least thought many things "normal" that I've come to find are actually not generally practiced. Vegetarianism, conservation, reducing consumption, natural living, etc etc. It was quite a shocker for me in highschool to realize just how different I really was. Not pleasant and very hard to come to terms with. Once you know what you know though there just isn't any turning back. I could no more become a mindless consumer and eater of garbage phood than I could pretend one of my arms just wasn't there. It doesn't make life very easy to go against the cultural grain but I don't feel like we've got much of a choice. You can't unlearn the things you've discovered, it's either onward and upward or purposefully choosing a downward spiral IMO.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: March 25, 2012 01:05AM

Uh, sorry Rab. I had no idea about any of that until I googled it, honestly. I'll just stick my foot in my mouth. No harm meant!

Onward and upward, indeed! I also think once you get a taste of what it's like to have a clear mind and experience really being healthy and mobile in your body... well, who would want to give that up?

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 26, 2012 01:57AM

I feel that I'm here to ride the wave and have these experiences that are a combination of that which we can and can not control. Having a vast range of experience is important. Other than that, I'm not keeping score. This is just where I am right now. Whatever the next moment brings, I'm game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2012 01:58AM by HeavenHands.

Date: March 27, 2012 03:59AM

No worries, phantom. I agree with what you said: "Onward and upward, indeed! I also think once you get a taste of what it's like to have a clear mind and experience really being healthy and mobile in your body... well, who would want to give that up?"

Posted by: spectrum ()
Date: March 27, 2012 04:19PM

I feel that raw food as become a catalyst for me. I have recently cut my cable. I couldn't live a raw food lifestyle and watch tv. Everything I saw on TV contradicted what raw food was telling me.

I am now spending more time outside with my daughter, thinking, reading books to enlighten me, and taking care of myself.

Date: March 27, 2012 04:24PM

spectrum, I never thought of that coincidence, but I also don't watch TV any more, exept when I visit other people.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables