Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

detoxing through the skin?
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: March 25, 2012 09:56PM

This morning I had a semi estrange episode. I went to a pool that also has a sauna. Before entering, I did not eat breakfast because I was not hungry. So when I got there, I felt light headed. Took a shower and surprisingly I smelled myself like a sad eater. So instead of swimmming I went to the sauna for three 5 mins sesions drinking lots of water. When I finished, I did not feel light headed and had energy as if junk had come out through the skin.

Was I going through detox?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: detoxing through the skin?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 25, 2012 10:16PM

Maybe. The skin is the body's biggest organ and a major area of detox. You can start your day with dry brushing, end the day that way as well. Do an internet search to find a good description of the technique and use a natural bristle bath brush. This is very good for the lymphatic system too. I dry brush my daughter regularly, she's only 4 but she loves it already.

Date: March 25, 2012 10:22PM

thanks! Never heard of dry brushing before.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 25, 2012 10:34PM

When I quit smoking a long time ago, during the first two weeks or so, an almost waxy gunk would come out of my pores when I showered. I never even smoked more than half a pack a day of American Spirit Ultra Lights either.

I don't now how high raw you are, but getting light-headed wouldn't be abnormal if you had skipped food for let's say 8-12 hours. You need to pile it in to avoid episodes, especially if you do cardio. Maybe the water you drank helped to jump start your system. Lightheadedness is also a common symptom of dehydration.

Posted by: HeavenHands ()
Date: March 25, 2012 10:38PM

Dry brushing is great. You should already have soft skin from being raw. Brushing it will make it feel like freshly sanded wood. Yerba Prima sells a dry brush with a removable handle for reaching your back. It goes for something like $9 on amazon.

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> thanks! Never heard of dry brushing before.

Date: March 25, 2012 11:01PM

HeavenHands Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I don't now how high raw you are, but getting
> light-headed wouldn't be abnormal if you had
> skipped food for let's say 8-12 hours. You need to
> pile it in to avoid episodes, especially if you do
> cardio. Maybe the water you drank helped to jump
> start your system. Lightheadedness is also a
> common symptom of dehydration.

I've been 100% raw food for ~ 3 months (don't count). My appearance has improved a lot. I feel great and have a positive look at things. You may have been correct about dehydration because when I started drinking water I also started feeling much better. But I know I was sweating something...maybe I was chipping away fat and that went in the blood?

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 27, 2012 07:08AM

It's a common way to detox, for SAD eaters smell pretty strong, and have to shower deoderants and perfumes all over themselves to mask the stench.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: March 27, 2012 08:13AM

Dry skin brushing is an amazing way to stimulate a sluggish lymphatic system. I was very ill when i first tried it and the energy and well being boost was very significant.

Being in the sauna can stimulate metabolism, there could have been a few reasons why you felt better. Dehydration as HH says is in my opinion more likely occurance than detox.

The best type of sauna for detoxification is an infrared sauna if you can find one. Sweat analysis shows much greater release of fat stored chemicals than traditional sauna. But you must replace minerals if using an infrared sauna regularly.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: March 27, 2012 12:13PM

Hey powerlifter, thanks. I know a little about infrared stuff smiling smiley Infrared is emitted by hot bodies (right now you are emitting infrared light through your skin). In my sauna they use a lot of stones heated by electric heaters. They do put a lot of infrared out. The skin has an excellent emissivity and it absorbs this radiation very well.

I am loosing weight very fast and I do saunas like 4-5 times a week. I think they help me to get the junk out. I do have a whirlpool too but it 'boils' the reproductive organs smiling smiley and I am scared. What do you think about hot whirlpools?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables