Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ear Congestion associated with high raw
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2012 01:52PM

Even more interesting! The kids get those bumps on their arms and also cheeks. I'll have to up their EFA's, we've run out of hemp so all they're getting is a bit of chia right now.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: March 28, 2012 05:31PM

coco

The chinese medicine veiw point is that the large intestine meridian runs along the upper arm, whilst the stomach meridian runs from under the eye, through the cheek. These 'bumps' are associated with food allergies (especially dairy on the upper arm)

So many ways to look at things. Its all about what resonates with you. I love that!
FFX

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: March 28, 2012 06:57PM

I studied some TCM in a shiatsu course I took and must say I find a lot of it total bunk. Not to say I don't think humans often have sensitivities to non-human milk, I do! I just don't agree with much TCM (which advises to never eat anything raw for one thing).

Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: March 28, 2012 09:13PM

I studied both shiatsu and macrobiotics. I agreed with you at that stage of my learning. I had big issues with the 'not eating anything raw' as it would dammage the spleen etc etc!
Despite what I was told, my experience did not match the teachings. Also the people telling me these things didnt look so healthy!

Im now studying acupuncture. Its an integrated five element/ TCM degree. Now that I have a deeper understanding of both systems, I love it.
I just ignore the people who peddle the 'dont eat anything raw' aspect and dont engage in debate with my tutors or peers. They are simply repeating what they were taught and have no raw food experience, so why listen?

I take what I want and leave the rest. Just like anything else in life!
There are several raw vegan acupuncturists around now. There is a practitioner who lives locally and writes regular articles for the 'Get fresh magazine'

My latest acupuncture news letter discussed the issues surrounding raw foods and traditional thinking. The article had a very positive slant explaining that it was time to re think these ideas and explained the benefits of fruits and salads.
So the good news is that thinking is changing.

Im looking forward to qualifying and practicing acupuncture alongside my raw food lifestyle. Im very excited, as I know it will be a fantastic combination.
FFX

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2012 09:17PM by The Fruit Faery.

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables