Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5
Re: RAW vitamins
Posted by: madinah ()
Date: April 06, 2012 04:56PM

Wheatgrass and sunflower sprouts they are the core of my diet, I grow them indoor. Very easy and fun. You do not need vitamins when you have these fresh in your house.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 06, 2012 10:03PM

I still took vitamins when I worked at the sprout farm and had access to every fresh sprout imaginable.
It's only your opinion that others don't need them, be careful with this telling people what they need as though you know them and their needs personally.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: April 07, 2012 06:05AM

I like sprouts

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/07/2012 06:05AM by RawPracticalist.

Date: April 07, 2012 12:02PM

coco Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I still took vitamins when I worked at the sprout
> farm and had access to every fresh sprout
> imaginable.
> It's only your opinion that others don't need
> them, be careful with this telling people what
> they need as though you know them and their needs
> personally.

Working at a school does not imply one is studying

Date: April 08, 2012 10:40PM

Just got back from the states, bought up bunches of raw vitamins, herbs, tinctures, seaweeds, dried foods etc, whee ooh! Exciting! All stocked up for the next few months at least. Too bad the sprouts wouldn't make it for that long car trip or I'd have brought back sacks of those too. Yum.

Date: April 08, 2012 11:50PM

As spring blossoms in earnest, the smell of the fresh grass, fruits, and flower season is around the corner, fresh fruits, farmers markets, life is beautiful, and there is no need for vitamins, fresh life is all around us.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 09, 2012 02:07AM

ok... I agree and wish that we lived in a perfect world and i had all the money in the world to own my own land and grow my own food that was perfectly enriched with everything that my body needed... but i don't at the moment...

...and at the moment my body is not working properly... I am one of those that struggle with digestion... i wonder if i absorb any nutrients... though i am mobile so i must be getting something... though my body holds so much gas that i wonder if the nutrients meant to enter in doesn't get lodged into all the bubbles and taken out in to the ethos... leaving me fatigued and frustrated... which why i am looking into the best possible vitamin that can help me get over this hurdle...

but my question is ... if my body isn't digesting and absorbing food properly from the food i give it... will it digest and absorb the the nutrients from vitamins??? AND i struggle with digesting lots of things... and these whole food vitamins have lots and lots of different things in them... when i'm told to simplify my diet isn't that more complicated...

I've started taking a liquid B complex... and an herbal d3 and am noticing a bright yellow pee...does that mean that all the vitamins are being washed out???

love laugh and dream

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 09, 2012 02:16AM

Just thought I'd mention, I do really like much of what Dr. Mercola has to say, but I have NEVER heard him say he is a "raw food guru." He advocates 80% raw organic food, with the rest being the highest quality free-range, hormone-free, grass-fed, etc. etc.... m34t.

So it's not like he's one of those coffee-guzzling, airline-meal-shoveling, muffin-hoarking breatharians, if you catch my drift. ^.~

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: April 09, 2012 09:28AM

The bright green pee is from high doses of B vitamins being flushed out in your urine. This happens to most with high dose B vitamin supplements, i prefer nutritional or brewers yeast if not allergic as its a good wholefood B vitamin source, very rich in them.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: April 09, 2012 03:19PM

My pee is fine, no fun colours here winking smiley, the kids either. The B12 we take is a liquid, the D3 is as well. I bought some floradix for them as analysis of their diet shows they are meeting all nutritional goals except iron. They're good about it but there's only so much green food you can get into children, lol.
Luvyuu I seem to absorb the iron I take better than that from food, no idea why but that's what blood work shows and I do feel the difference. Only you will know if it makes a difference in how you feel. I wish you luck finding the solution for you.
Nothing much is growing here yet as it's still early spring but a few edible weeds here and there. I'm really looking forward to later in the season when local produce is available, until then we're making do with what's to be had at the store. It pales in comparison to what's available in summer and fall, that's for sure. Thank goodness for these carefully forumlated whole food supplements!

Date: April 10, 2012 02:10PM

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ok... I agree and wish that we lived in a perfect
> world and i had all the money in the world to own
> my own land and grow my own food that was
> perfectly enriched with everything that my body
> needed... but i don't at the moment...
>
> ...and at the moment my body is not working
> properly... I am one of those that struggle with
> digestion... i wonder if i absorb any nutrients...
> though i am mobile so i must be getting
> something... though my body holds so much gas that
> i wonder if the nutrients meant to enter in
> doesn't get lodged into all the bubbles and taken
> out in to the ethos... leaving me fatigued and
> frustrated... which why i am looking into the best
> possible vitamin that can help me get over this
> hurdle...
>
> but my question is ... if my body isn't digesting
> and absorbing food properly from the food i give
> it... will it digest and absorb the the nutrients
> from vitamins??? AND i struggle with digesting
> lots of things... and these whole food vitamins
> have lots and lots of different things in them...
> when i'm told to simplify my diet isn't that more
> complicated...
>
> I've started taking a liquid B complex... and an
> herbal d3 and am noticing a bright yellow
> pee...does that mean that all the vitamins are
> being washed out???
>
> love laugh and dream
Vitamins are more difficult to digest than regular raw fruits, they are packed and dried. If you have digestive problems and gas, the first course of action is to cleanse your system, you have to stop eating, let the system rest. When the road is dirty and need repair it is close, no trafic for some time until the repair is complete. You can try fasting, warer or juice fasting, or any other method to cleanse your digestive system. Vitamins is not the solution. We are so concerned about vitamins that it is unthinkable to stop eating for few days.

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: April 10, 2012 11:08PM

I fast with ever mentsral cycle... infact I am now... I'm not afraid of not eating... I agree with you on that respect... it's everyone else that is afraid of my not eating... mostly cause they don't understand it ...

I'm not building the strenth in my body from the foods i do eat... I think i just need an extra boost to get me over the hump... I'm starting to wonder if all the people that keep telling me i need to just go out and eat a steak are right??? and your arguement suggests that maybe I should do that as well??? if I need protein that is the quickest and easiest way to get it from food and not from vitamins.... but I don't want to go that route just yet... I don't plan on staying on pills and powders forever... just enough to get me feeling more healthy and strong. though I think i will continue to take the B complex and D3 cause I have noticed a difference in my mental clarity!!!

love laugh and dream

Pages: Previous12345
Current Page: 5 of 5

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables