Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Colonics to aid cleansing
Posted by: The Fruit Faery ()
Date: April 21, 2012 11:16AM

Some of the 'GURUS' rave about these as an aid to cleansing.

Im still in search of a method to clear these blocked eustachians.
I have tried the direct/ local approach (cranial sacral, acupuncture, ear candles, sinus drain massage and neti pot cleansing) now im thinking it might be time to approach from a different perspective!

I would not normally consider this as i would prefer to detox naturally through the that foods i eat.
However, im desperately seeking a sloution as i really dont want these eustachian blockages to develop into an infection. The longer this goes on the more chance there is of infection developing.

Anyone notice any beneficial aids to cleansing through colonics?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Colonics to aid cleansing
Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 21, 2012 01:10PM

I've had one and the only difference i noticed was that I was fifty pounds (£'s) lighter in the purse!!

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 21, 2012 02:17PM

you need at least 10 (not only one) to see striking results. Colonics not only clean, they do stretch and widen the GI track, which opens up the pinching points and improves a whole lot the movement. The muscles get very strong and controllable and you can pretty much have movements whenever you want.

I've been doing then and they are a must have for optimal health

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I've had one and the only difference i noticed was
> that I was fifty pounds (£'s) lighter in the
> purse!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/21/2012 02:22PM by Panchito.

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 21, 2012 05:03PM

I don't think that colonics are going to help your eustachian blockages. I've had a series of colonics and while I thought they did some good, nothing has been better than the psyllium husk drinks I've been taking 2x a day. That being said, here's a couple tips for the eustachian blockages.

If you have a water pik you can set it on low and use it to irrigate the ear canal. It feels wonderful and will help with any waxy or debris. If you don't have one you can use a bulb syringe. Sit in a bathtub with as warm water as you like and fill the bulb syringe and place near your ear canal and squeeze. The force of the water going in will flush out any wax or debris, but I have to do it about 14 times on each ear. I just did it yesterday and got a lot of wax out of one ear. It feels unplugged now.

I also like to use it to get rid of any phlegm in the back of my throat/nasal passage. I gently fill it with warm water and use it like nose dropper but with as much water as I feel comfortable with...until I cough up the plug. I only have to do this if I've had a serious cold and that sticky stuff that is left that won't go up and it won't go down.

I'd forgo the colonics, save your money and buy a water pik and bulb syringe and or neti pot.

Warning..anytime you use water to irrigate eyes, nose use pure water and not tap. Or boil your water for a couple minutes to kill any bacteria first. Of course let it cool before usingsmiling smiley

Love,
Prism

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: April 21, 2012 06:11PM

Prism- what about if you have wax build-up and the water increases the blockage? I am very intrigued by your suggestion of the bulb because I know what you're talking about. But I just don't want to walk around with water in my ear sealed with wax! It happens that way when I go swimming sometimes and it takes a while to get rid of sometimes.

Date: April 21, 2012 06:44PM

Hi prism, thanks for your tips.

I had my ears checked. There is no wax. The problem lies on the other side of the ear drum.
Im also using psyllium daily. Have been for 4 months now.

Its really frustrating!
FFx

Prism Wrote:

------------------------------------------------------
> I don't think that colonics are going to help your
> eustachian blockages. I've had a series of
> colonics and while I thought they did some good,
> nothing has been better than the psyllium husk
> drinks I've been taking 2x a day. That being said,
> here's a couple tips for the eustachian
> blockages.
>
> If you have a water pik you can set it on low and
> use it to irrigate the ear canal. It feels
> wonderful and will help with any waxy or debris.
> If you don't have one you can use a bulb syringe.
> Sit in a bathtub with as warm water as you like
> and fill the bulb syringe and place near your ear
> canal and squeeze. The force of the water going in
> will flush out any wax or debris, but I have to do
> it about 14 times on each ear. I just did it
> yesterday and got a lot of wax out of one ear. It
> feels unplugged now.
>
> I also like to use it to get rid of any phlegm in
> the back of my throat/nasal passage. I gently fill
> it with warm water and use it like nose dropper
> but with as much water as I feel comfortable
> with...until I cough up the plug. I only have to
> do this if I've had a serious cold and that sticky
> stuff that is left that won't go up and it won't
> go down.
>
> I'd forgo the colonics, save your money and buy a
> water pik and bulb syringe and or neti pot.
>
> Warning..anytime you use water to irrigate eyes,
> nose use pure water and not tap. Or boil your
> water for a couple minutes to kill any bacteria
> first. Of course let it cool before usingsmiling smiley
>
> Love,
> Prism

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: April 21, 2012 07:01PM

BW, I was told by my pediatrician years ago that using the bulb syringe to flush out the ear canal does no harm. The water does not continue to travel, it's stopped and is sprayed back out. You can use things to soften any wax first, I used hydrogen peroxide the night before. They have stuff you can buy at the drug store, or use whatever holistic item you like.

You can start using the bulb syringe after 6 months of age he said. One of my sons would always have a lot of wax in one ear and the other one not so much. I don't know why that was.

I read that you can use warm garlic oil in your ear to help with infection. I don't know what else it does.

Love,
Prism

Date: April 22, 2012 09:41AM

My thinking is that if I have mucus trapped where I know about it, the chances are that other areas of the body are also clogged up with debris that requires elimination.

The body parts do not work in isolation. Its a complete unit. As the colon is concerned with elimination and reabsorption, I thoght it might be worth a try to focus on the whole rather than a part!

FFx

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: April 22, 2012 01:01PM

Fruit Fairy, when I ocassionally get water in the ear from swimming, I buy chewing gum. It helps me. It is a little scary because water inside may last for months and I always had the feeling that things may get infected. I also tried swimming ear drops form the pharmacy.

Date: April 22, 2012 07:46PM

Panchito Wrote:
> Fruit Fairy, when I ocassionally get water in the
> ear from swimming, I buy chewing gum. It helps me.
> It is a little scary because water inside may last
> for months and I always had the feeling that
> things may get infected. I also tried swimming ear
> drops form the pharmacy.

I chewed a huge lump of gum for a few hours today. I havnt chewed gum for 20+ years!

It didnt appear to make any difference. Theres a little tinnitus in the right ear now. I have never heard of swimming ear drops. I will check them out. Thanks

Posted by: gems ()
Date: April 24, 2012 05:47PM

i have tummy (ibs) problem stuff, and have always suffered with sinus pressure/blockages since birth. ive been in to my raw food about 7 months now, and learning alot about my body! smiling smiley all possitive stuff.

i want to help heal my body through food smiling smiley and it seems to be getting better a little, but i know theres a long way to go, and alot more to learn smiling smiley

i have had about 3 colonics before and have done lots of enemas (when severly constipated) trying to help clear out the rubbish. i also get skin irritations, but since eating mostly raw i havn't had psorisis or excema smiling smiley

some people say colonics arnt that good as they clear even the good stuff out? i'm not sure? i haven't had any big improvements after a colonic, because i know my tummy has alot of healing to do, and maybe my intestines may be a bit slack, so they take alot out of me. but i think they are good thing... and im hoping as i clear out my tummy rubbish (by eating mostly raw) that my sinus problems will clam down too. as ive slowly changed my diet over the years (cutting out wheat, sugar, dairy) i have noticed my sinus arn't as bad as they used to be and i haven't had any skin flare ups.

TO FRUIT FAERY... i really hope all your hard work makes something happen soon smiling smiley its been 4 half years with tummy problems now, starting raw has helped alot, but because of all the unnatural foods and maybe stress over the years its got a lot of healing to do, and i know i need to be patient and listen to my body along the way to work with it to make it all better again smiling smiley

Date: April 24, 2012 10:28PM

Hi gems.
Ive had IBS for many years. When I eat raw food im fine (as long as i dont combine fats and sugar in the same meal. I cant tolerate melons as they appear to cause a flare up.

Years ago, I ate a diet of high greens and sprouted seeds. At that time i did daily wheatgrass enemas.
I found the diet very restrictive and everyone complained about the smell of the indoor green seedlings! I didnt feel that brilliant, so i gave up on that.

Im pleased to hear that the skin problems have dissapeared for you. Thats brilliant news.

I have a friend that has severe eczema, but wont entertain the idea of using food as a medicine. He is married to his meat, fast food and discomfort. Its a shame, but at the end of the day, its not my business.

I have started a herbal anti congestion tincture today and im visiting the osteopath for some cranial sacral work tomorrow.
Im throwing everything I can at this to get myself over this temporary glitch!

Thanks for your support.
I think that once you have experienced what raw foods can do for you, its hard to ignore it.
Even if you do wander off the path, your body brings you back!

FFx

Date: April 25, 2012 08:39AM

Thanks for that FF smiling smiley We will get there smiling smiley our bodies are pretty clever things smiling smiley when we chose to listen

hope the tincture helps xx

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: April 28, 2012 07:18PM

It never amazes me that people don't understand that they almost surely harbor fungus, bacteria and parasites in an unbalanced proportion, especially when complaining of the exact symtoms you are expressing. We are just not taught these things. The most profound thing I have heard Brian Clement say is that "YOU ARE YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM" and he has said that himself, that this is the most profound thing he could say to anyone. It seems so simple but it is a incredibly deep thought. When a person has the issues you describe you immune system is weak, period end of story. Until you correct what is making it weak then you will almost surely muttle through life like you always have struggling to understand what is going on with your health.
I think you should take another stab at a raw food diet and keep doing one enima a week and as many as two wheat grass implants a day if you can afford. Find what keeps you feeling good as far as the diet, it's hard at first, especially if you have fungus eating up your nutrients and fouling up your adreanals and other organs. If you want comfirmation then get a Live Blood Analysis done so it will sink into you conciousness that you have a problem. Read on this site about digestive bitters and herbs that will stimulate your digestine.

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: April 28, 2012 08:02PM

Wheatgrass implant????? - how far have we strayed off the path of common sense. Clearly people have too much time on their hands - madness. Just think about it rationally for heavens sake.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/28/2012 08:09PM by flipperjan.

Date: April 29, 2012 02:39PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> It never amazes me that people don't understand
> that they almost surely harbor fungus, bacteria
> and parasites in an unbalanced proportion,
> especially when complaining of the exact symtoms
> you are expressing. We are just not taught these
> things. The most profound thing I have heard
> Brian Clement say is that "YOU ARE YOUR IMMUNE
> SYSTEM" and he has said that himself, that this is
> the most profound thing he could say to anyone.
> It seems so simple but it is a incredibly deep
> thought. When a person has the issues you
> describe you immune system is weak, period end of
> story. Until you correct what is making it weak
> then you will almost surely muttle through life
> like you always have struggling to understand what
> is going on with your health.
> I think you should take another stab at a raw food
> diet and keep doing one enima a week and as many
> as two wheat grass implants a day if you can
> afford. Find what keeps you feeling good as far
> as the diet, it's hard at first, especially if you
> have fungus eating up your nutrients and fouling
> up your adreanals and other organs. If you want
> comfirmation then get a Live Blood Analysis done
> so it will sink into you conciousness that you
> have a problem. Read on this site about digestive
> bitters and herbs that will stimulate your
> digestine.

Hello! Ha! you assume so much!

I think that its important to be mindful when posting, that we are all starting from different places, with different experiences on this forum.

I am eating raw food!....... thats why im here!
I know i have a problem!...... thats why I posted!

Dont need bloodwork to tell me that! Ha!

Permenantly blocked ears and now tinnitus is a constant reminder!

Anyway, still hanging in there. Still raw despite the discomfort. I have come this far, Im not giving in this time around.
FFx

Date: April 30, 2012 06:24PM

The Fruit Faery, I did not mean to single you out but was trying to help? I don't assume, I listen and you are saying you have a weak immune system by stating you health challenges. I wish I had better suggestions for you but the best thing you could do would be what I said as far as implants and enimas. As for treating the challenges directly I don't know. I do know that there are remedies out there for both challenges you speak of but without the cleanses they will most likely come back. You are right on track though asking about the Colonics, these WILL strengthen you immune system the fastest. It is much cheaper doing enimas and implants yourself though, and once you get good at it you will never need a colonic again. Of coarse I would do a targeted therapy also to get relief and clear things out. If you have a health food store by you, alot of them have a book for customers to refer too. The one I like is THE PERSCRIPTION FOR NUTRITIONAL MEDICINE I think. I should know I owm one but don't look at it every day. Its very good and offers a variety of therapys.

Date: April 30, 2012 06:39PM

hey fruit fairy have you looked into doing fasts? read any books? i think its amazing the stuff i read on it, how the body can heal itself so much through them. im very busy with work and stuff the next few months, but probably august... im going to try some fasting to help my 'ibs' stuff

x

Date: May 01, 2012 12:03PM

Hi gems
I have fasted in the past. I started with juice, into water back onto juice several times. I felt good.
I feel okay now on raw. I dont have any ibs symptoms. If i start eating cooked the symptoms return.

At the moment Im working and studying a full time degree course, so I cant allocate the time required to fast properly.
I just do the best that I can with the resources available.

I highly recommend fasting to 'reset' the digestive system. It has worked really well for me. Even a day on juice a week really helps.
FFx

Date: May 02, 2012 09:33PM

Homeopathic remedies can be very powerful and you can get them without a doctor at some health food stores! Shoot I should have looked in my book last night for you. I am at the library now because my personal computer died. What about steam! easy enough with a towel and a pot of water. When I used to get colds I would go and get a bowel of green chili soup and it would clear my head and release alot of stuff. Of coarse a bit of a different challenge but it migh help.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 02, 2012 11:21PM

rzman,

I would go and get a bowel of green chili soup and it would clear my head and release alot of stuff.

I'm guessing that this is a spelling error, but the way this thread is going, who knows?

grinning smiley

Date: May 03, 2012 06:03PM

Yes, of coarse, and you are sure to find many more lol.

I did read my PFNM book and it said all the common stuff that I am sure a person can find on the net. somewhere. A few things at the top of the list were probiotics and flax oil. There were many good therapy's so if the The Fruit Faery would like some more info. and can't locate one of these books then just PM me or post here. This is truely one of the best books to have around but it is not by any means a vegan or raw driven book.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables