Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Breatharian Death
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 02, 2012 04:13PM

There are many things in science we still do not completely understand. There are people who have been put under hypnosis and were told that a pencil was a burning cigarette and when it was touched to their skin caused a burn, I believe it was labeled an "organic reaction". There is much about the body mind connection we don't completely understand. But just like a placebo response, we need to be open but scientific in our approach per Rawgosia's recent reminder.

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: May 02, 2012 10:17PM

are we capable of the basics ? i dont know.

what i do know as fact .. we have a digestive system

if i beleive in evolution then i would believe that that some of us would have evolved by now to not have a digestion system

if i beleive in creationism .. then i would believe that we wouldnt have been created with a digestive system

fact is we have one .. so i have to go with the fact that its quite possible that we consume some sort of matter that goes along with the digestive system that we have either evolutionary evolved to or were created with smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 03, 2012 05:28PM

I understand and respect your view Jodi smiling smiley

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 03, 2012 05:36PM

Has there ever been anyone monitored by neutral observers living off of air alone for more than a month? No. The best we may have is a nun eating crackers for two weeks monitored by people affiliated with her religious order. So, we might be able to do an extended dry fast. Sounds plausible. People water fast sometimes for months. So if someone can dry fast for two weeks, ok.

There are legitimate body-mind issues we have not resolved. So, I strive to keep an open mind with a healthy skepticism.

Paul

Posted by: RawPlease ()
Date: May 03, 2012 06:19PM

I'm reading a book called "Man's Higher Consciousness," which talks about what is discussed in this thread. Of course, I don't believe everything I read but it has some interesting evolutionary theories on why we have organs for eating food if we were originally not meant to eat. I'm not religious. Although, some people here might be. I still found parts of the book interesting and it does include sprituality. I learned about it because Tonya Zavasta mentioned it in one of her writings. (What I take from everything I have read is that this isn't even for the above-average person. The potential is there for humans but to get to that point is extremely rare.)

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 06:23PM by RawPlease.

Posted by: madinah ()
Date: May 03, 2012 08:20PM

Hilton Hotema was the book Man's Higher Consciousness

Hilton Hotema, born George R. Clements (7 February 1878, Fitchburg, Massachusetts - 1970),

Hotema believed he would live until 150 [www.nobledreams.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/03/2012 08:22PM by madinah.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: May 03, 2012 09:17PM

Thanks for telling us about that book - sounds interesting. I guess we're regressing physically/spiritually rather than progressing. It'll take generations of raw foodists within a family to reverse the trend. My kids could care less right now about eating all raw, so our breatharianism potential will die with me.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: May 04, 2012 02:44AM

If my future children embrace the lifestyle they will be raised with, my GRANDCHILDREN will have great teeth, anyway. Oh, epigenetics! ^.~

We're exposed now to more chemicals than... ever. It's kind of an evolve or die situation, which includes evolving our consciousness to realize we need to live in harmony with the planet. Systems have to reach a maximum point of chaos before reorganizing themselves, so maybe we're bushwhacking toward the goal.

I'm convinced I'll live to be 150. >8)

But even making it to 92 without any suffering is an awesome accomplishment. What is the story of Mr. Bragg? Didn't he hike six miles before he died the next day, at 96, peacefully in his sleep and pretty well fit? He wasn't breatharian, but the Braggs are ALL about the fasting.

And selling you ACV. For your non-breatharian lifestyles. smiling smiley

Posted by: BJ ()
Date: May 04, 2012 08:04AM

Paul Bragg lied about his age.He added an extra 10 years or so to make it look like he was older - not that it detracts from his teachings, or does it??

If you google his name, someone checked through his birth certificate and other official records. I was disappointed to find this out. Can we trust anyone if we couldn't trust him? Also, Patricia is his daughter in law, not his daughter like he proclaims in his book.

Posted by: RawPracticalist ()
Date: May 04, 2012 12:39PM

Posted by: Pertwee ()
Date: May 04, 2012 04:11PM

RP, stellar. Thank you. And BJ, for me yes, that does distract from his teachings. Credibility is everything. Once you've learned he lied about things as basic as his birth date, nothing else matters. I won't consider anything else the man said. He lived a long time, but not longer than a lot of meat eaters with good genes. We have better examples.

Claude

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/04/2012 04:20PM by Pertwee.

Date: May 05, 2012 06:15PM

Living food and juices keep us healthy, not necessarily that we will live longer, Julia Child was the queen of SAD but she died at 92.

Date: May 06, 2012 06:57AM

I'd rather live a long HEALTHY life, than an UNHEALTHY life full of disease and suffering.... I think it was mentioned that Paul Bragg was fit and healthy right up until his death. Another person who had a similar life-style and diet was Jack La'lane, who was also fit until his recent death at age 95 or 96.

So, while SAD eaters may life a long life, I believe that it's the quality of life that makes the difference. Anyway, if you lined up both camps, I reckon the raw foodists would be far ahead in terms of longevity.

Another thing to note, is that many of the raw food proponents had suffered from serious and life threatening disease etc, which they subsequently healed by their change of diet and life-style. So, it's not really fair to make such a comparison regarding longevity. Well, that's my opinion anyway.... smiling smiley

Date: May 08, 2012 03:29PM

Who is the long living verified Breatharian?

Posted by: Pertwee ()
Date: May 08, 2012 07:49PM

Consider everything you know about water fasting and dry fasting. Clinical experiences, Bobby Sands, everything, does it make any sense? If people can live on air, why are people starving to death?

Claude

Date: May 09, 2012 01:43PM

I am not advocating breatharianism but it is not just not eating, you have to use your mind to feed your body with the essential elements in their primitive forms, air, fire, and water. That is what the plants we eat do, you can eat the plants or perform their living functions yourself with the elements that surround you.
I am not into that, it is an unnecessary waste of mental energy. Eat the plants and occupy your mind with other tasks.

Posted by: DrGina ()
Date: May 13, 2012 05:45AM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, if not eating food FOR WEEKS under the
> supervision of American doctors in PA is not a
> proof...what would be one?

Fasting is not Breatharianism, during fasting the body lives off it's reserves which are broken down to fire the body's essential biological activities.

Best wishes,
Gina

Gina Shaw DSc MA AIYS Dip Irid Dip NH
www.VibrancyUK.com

Date: May 13, 2012 07:22PM

I'd agree with that DrGina, since that would be the logical explanation. However, I remember what Arnold Ehret stated within his book 'Rational Fasting', where he gives an example of one of the greatest 'fasters' at the time who lived in India, and who was only skin and bone. Ehret's argument was that this guy had nothing to live off, yet he could fast for long periods without dying.

So, what is the explanation for that? Could it be that this guy was so clean, and so efficient, that he could live on very little of his own flesh? That would be the only reason that I can think of. Has anyone any other explanation?

jalan

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables