Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

True oil of oregano
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: April 27, 2012 05:45PM

Apparently, it is oregano composticum, and I have thymus capsicum, which lacks most of the medicinal qualities??

Does anyone know more about this??

I made the mistake of buying a cheap toothbrush, really roughed up my gums, and think I have a mild infection in the mouth. angry smiley

I've also read conflicting information that thymol is the most potent/or most dangerous compound in the "true" oregano.

Can I also use oregano tea? Has anyone used it before?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: True oil of oregano
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:01PM

Hi phantom,

Here is a small snippet from my file on Oil of Oregano...

North American Herb and Spice was the first company of the American market to introduce edible Oil of Oregano. To be edible, this essential oil must be made only from wild, mountain-grown, Mediterranean oregano, free of all chemicals and pesticides. It also has to be emulsified in a carrier oil such as extra virgin olive oil, which is used by North American Herb & Spice in its oil of oregano. The oregano they use is 100% Mediterranean oregano and is produced by old-fashioned cold pressing and steam distillation, using no chemicals to extract it.

Peace and Love..........John

PS Look in your inbox for more info.

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: April 27, 2012 06:28PM

Erm... what we commonly call oil of oregano is not actually oregano, I think it's marjoram. That's what I remember from the shop when it first hit the market anyhow.

I gargle with salt water, that's an amazing fix for mouth infection/irritation.

Date: April 27, 2012 06:46PM

I've been doing the salt water trick, but it's time to bust out the big guns!

I went to the health food store, and they had the Mediterranean strain (oregano minutiflora), wildcrafted, locally grown, the really good stuff... on a CRAZY SALE price! grinning smiley

And the swelling in my mouth is down about half already. O.O I totally recommend anyone interested in oil of oregano to go the extra mile and get the real stuff because there is no comparison.

The taste is yummy, too... while the oil of ofakeano just burned.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 28, 2012 02:20PM

i use a super critical oil of oregano. what strain i don't know as they standardize the potent part of the oil. it is crazy strong. the pills are a black oil and very effective. Super critical uses CO2 as the solvent. very clean.....very strong!

Date: April 28, 2012 07:03PM

If you start taking oil of oregano for afflictions, typically how long does it take for your symptoms to totally disappear?

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: April 30, 2012 04:39AM

depends on the affliction. for gastrointestinal disturbances/digestion issues. usually in one full day to two days of use. for infection possibly a week or two or more.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables