Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Young and raw
Posted by: Raw37 ()
Date: May 01, 2012 08:41PM

Hello everyone,

I just turned 20 and I have been a raw foodist for 3 months. I know its not a long time but I have been very inspired by it because i used to have alot of problems ( anxiety, depression, female problems, skin rash, etc) and now they are all gone and I feel great! I would like to pursue this as a career and help many other people. I am currently working on curing my mom from diabetes. Does anyone have any ideas for me??

Cheers,
Kaley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Young and raw
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: May 01, 2012 10:10PM

Wow!
I think its fantastic what you are doing.
Keep up the great work.
I would say for a career you would have to get some kind of education/degree/diploma etc..

Vinny

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 01, 2012 11:54PM

You are very lucky to have discovered eating raw living foods at your age.

I'm sure you'll get lots of suggestions.

Raw Chef

Nutritionist

Maybe you could become a Naturopathic Dr.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: May 02, 2012 11:22AM

Your enthusiasm is infectious, Raw37! Welcome!

Any of the alternative healing arts could be were you'll find your bliss. Conventional nutrition and dietetics still have a lot to learn, so the more progressive modalities become acceptable and popular because young people promote them, the better smiling smiley

Regarding your mom, please do a search of these Fourms to see if any threads might give you a direction. For starters, it depends what type of diabetes she has and what her diet is like currently. Good luck.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: May 02, 2012 05:21PM

Hi Kaley-

I would recommend showing your mother this DVD: "Simply Raw: Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days." It features Dr. Gabriel Cousens and is filmed like a reality show with a group of people living together who all have either Type 1 or 2 diabetes and are eating raw for a month as an experiment to show that it can be done through changing the diet. It's entertaining, inspiring and informative. I was able to check it out from the library. My boyfriend also showed it to someone we know with diabetes.

Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 02, 2012 07:13PM

Kaley,

I agree very much with the foregoing posters. It is a huge advantage to discover this so young. If I had to pick one book, it wouldn't be a raw food book. You will get lots of solicitations for those. Instead, read an old book that can improve your critical thinking skills to evaluate all that follows. There is none better than Brain Power by Karl Albrecht circa 1980. [www.amazon.com]. Become the "adaptive thinker" that he offers you to aspire to. God's speed.

Paul

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/02/2012 07:14PM by pborst.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables