Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

kombucha addiction,,, yea?
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:33AM

i think i am physically addicted to kombucha... is that possible? is that good? can too much cultured tea lead to muscle mass loss similar to vinigar?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: kombucha addiction,,, yea?
Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: October 18, 2006 04:55PM

I believe that it could be. It is a fermented drink and as such contains yeast and maybe mold. How is your health otherwise? Do you have any signs of yeast overgrowth such as Candida?

Re: kombucha addiction,,, yea?
Posted by: Mama Cass ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:08PM

hm, your posts remind me of myself only a year ago.

i drank so much kombucha that i made my own and started selling it. then somewhere along the way, i lost all desire for it, and about the same time, my nutritionist friend (also a newbie raw-foodist) who was buying also lost all taste for it. i've drunk it once since last fall, and it was good, but not as wonderful as it once was.

same with tomatoes. i used to eat as many as i could. my biggest purchase weekly was tomatoes, or when i was home, the garden tomatoes would disappear rapidly. lately i've lost my taste for those.

it sounds like you're gravitating toward acidic foods pretty strongly. part of it is probaby just moving away from cooked foods, and these are the foods (including the nuts) that make you feel most like you did on cooked foods. i'd say give it some time, but be conscious and like with the nuts, don't have them around if you eat them all and feel crappy. take a break from them. same with kombucha and tomatoes, if you feel good while eating them, then do it for a while, but keep in touch with your body. don't keep putting something in that feels bad. physically or mentally. if you feel addicted, stop it for a while. then you'll know.

of course, you'll move on to a new food addiction, like avocados. i haven't figured out when it stops being mono-eating and becomes addiction. or if its always a mental state instead.

peace-
Mama Cass

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables