Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

crappy eaters
Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:37AM

i eat raw junk food sometimes... like I will go days with only eating fruits and nuts and not enough veggies... Am i the only one who does this? what do you people do about it? I also tend to overeat nuts and feel like poo, and not want to get up. how do you not overeat nuts? thanks! =)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: crappy eaters
Posted by: mtnkathy ()
Date: October 18, 2006 04:32PM

Hmmm! Could you be allergic to nuts - not deadly so, obviously - but just enough to crave them? Sometimes allergic responses can make us want to eat things that make us feel good in the short term but terrible later on.

Or...perhaps you should avoid them completely for a period of time in case you have an addiction to them. Yes, addiction! Addiction can be part of the allergic thing too. Wierd, but possible! The only way you may know is to avoid them, cravings and all, and consume more veggies. During your "withdrawal" get SUPER BUSY in something that consumes you so you can keep your mind of cravings.

Consuming more veggies will at first be extremely difficult for you, but if you conbine them with fruits in a creative way, then you can move more easily. Try different books or internet searches for good recipies.

Also, have you checked your body's PH? You may be too acidic. Check out all the info out there on your body's ph balance. There is tons of it out there.

Let us know!

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: October 18, 2006 06:41PM

ilovejen,

are you eating this way because you're too lazy to prepare the veggies or because of taste preferences?

Often my eating habits are crappy out of poor planning and laziness regarding food prep rather than food preferences. Then, planning and preparing ahead makes a difference.

Posted by: davidzanemason ()
Date: October 19, 2006 10:00AM

Opinion:

-It is hard to NOT do something that you inherently feel compelled to do. Better to replace it with a highly conscious good habit / food that you DO love. Or: you can mix your nuts with salads or other bulk items that will help limit your intake...and provide alternate sources of nutrients in your diet.

-What do you think? Let's hear about your successes! smiling smiley

-David Mason

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 19, 2006 11:57PM

I think I eat badly most of the time. Actually, I tend to eat out since I'm near a couple of places that serve raw food. When I eat LaraBars I feel I'm eating junk food, but I also know I'm eating waaaaaaaaay healthier than most people in US.

Cheers,
Ian.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables