Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Teflex Sheets?
Posted by: Yogamama ()
Date: October 18, 2006 04:39PM

I posted this in the recipes forum, but have not received any responses and I need a quick answer! smiling smiley A friend of mine gave me their dehydrator that they never used, and some recipes that I found mention putting the item on the teflex sheet in the dehydrator. The dehydrator that I got does not have those sheets. Do I really NEED them? Can I just use wax paper? I have never used a dehydrator before, so I have no clue! I want to make some flax crackers tonight.

Thank you!

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Teflex Sheets?
Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: October 18, 2006 04:43PM

The teflex sheets are for the Excalibur Dehydrator. Wax paper will also work but they do not work as well. You could try the wax paper to see if it works well enough for your needs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2007 04:59AM by Bryan.

Date: October 18, 2006 04:53PM

Great, thanks. I thought those sheets were only for the Excalibur dehydrator, and that's not the kind I have, so I will try wax paper and see what happens. Thanks for your reply.

Posted by: alive! ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:08PM

Hey Yogamama! I have an Excalibur that came with a couple of teflex sheets, but I don't really like them and rarely use them. I use parchment paper and like it much better - things seem to dry faster on it than on the teflex.

After drying overnight, they are dry enough to peel off the parchment paper, cut into squares (Yup, I've just anal enough that my crackers gotta be square instead of broken!) and then put back into the dehydrator to finish drying.

I make them with flax (both ground and whole seeds) tomatoes, zuchinni, onions, garlic, parsley, red pepper, spinach or kale, carrots, sometimes corn and pumpkin seeds. They look pretty (lots of red, orange and green in there) and taste great. Good luck with yours - it's fun!

Life Is Good!

alive!

Posted by: greenie ()
Date: October 18, 2006 05:49PM

I agree with alive!, I use parchment paper. I don't like teflex because it is coated with poison Teflon.

Date: October 18, 2006 05:59PM

Hi alive!! How are you? Thanks for the recipe...the one I had is similar to yours, but yours has a few more ingredients, so I will try that one. And don't worry, it osunds like I may be just as anal as you! smiling smiley

greenie...thanks for letting me know about the Teflon on the sheets - I was wondering if they were coated with teflon, so I definitely am staying away from those. Thanks!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables