Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Fasting Blood Sugars and 8-1-1
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: May 18, 2012 06:33PM

Just curious, I just bought Frederic Patenaude's Raw Food Controversies. First, for those of you who have it, what do you think?

In the preview, he mentions one of the benefits of being 100 percent raw is stable blood sugars. For those of you who do 8-1-1 or a low fat high fruit vegan diet, how are your fasting blood sugars? Consistently below 90? below 85?

The working theory, I think, in 8-1-1 is that it is the fat in the cells and not the sugar per se that cause the blood sugar rise. Is that consistent with your experience? for those that test post-prandial, is that true for post-prandial as well? e.g. less than a 60 point rise at peak. less than 140?

Paul

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Fasting Blood Sugars and 8-1-1
Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: May 19, 2012 04:44PM

i never check my blood sugar, but I generally feel great all the time. BUT, if I am in a low fat mode, I find it crucial to use fruit sugars to get me amped up again. as if it is vital to eat sugar regularly....interesting topic I want to look into more.

The Raw Lion 440 pounds to 225 pounds!

Options: ReplyQuote

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables