Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Join me Sunday for 1 day water fast
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: May 20, 2012 02:31AM

I thought I'd do a 1 day water fast tomorrow. I want to get started on doing some fasting days each week. Different fasts like a fresh juice fast, a green smoothie or green juice and water fast.

I want to start out with a water fast. Since we can count our sleeping hours my fast would start Saturday (tonight) at bedtime and go until Monday morning on waking.

Want to join me?

Anyway I really need to get back on to high raw now that warm weather is finally here. June, July, August and September would be my goal to stay as high raw as I can get. Maybe even get to 100% raw or close to it.

Love,
Prism

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Join me Sunday for 1 day water fast
Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: May 20, 2012 06:30AM

Prism Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Want to join me?

Yes, I'll join you. This is just what I've been needing. I'll have to go from 2am Sunday the 20th, to 2am Monday the 21st.
Check in from time to time. I may go more than 24-hours.
Good Luck......WY

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: May 20, 2012 08:01AM

Hey Prism, I mostly always do a water or juice fast on Sundays every week. However, it's a 24hr fast, so I go from Saturday evening to Sunday evening. So yes, I have joined you even though I didn't know until now that you were fasting today smiling smiley

Cheers, jalan

Date: May 20, 2012 04:29PM

Thanks for joining along. I started Saturday at 10pm and will go until Monday when I plan on breaking my water fast with some juicy fruit like navel oranges.

Jalan, if you fast every Sunday I would like to make that my first day to always fast on too. Having a particular day to start out with makes sense to me.

WY I also thought I might extend my water fast but not this first one since I haven't done a fast in a long time. I know from before if I go 3 days, I'm feeling really good. That will be my goal besides getting back to very high raw.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: luvyuu ()
Date: May 20, 2012 06:44PM

I'm with ya...i always fast during my period and guess what i woke up to today... woohoo... How much water do you drink during your fast??? happy fasting all!!!

luv laugh and dream

Date: May 20, 2012 07:51PM

I drink plenty of water everyday so I figure I'll be drinking pretty much the same amount. I have to fill my Brita pitcher at least 3-4x a day. I also drink water during the night when I wake to use the bathroom I'll have about 4 oz. of water.

I'm doing well and plan on being outside most of the day. That way I'm busy chatting with friends and walking my dog.

Inside during the hot part of the day I'll be resting. No cleaning or laundry. I will soak in a hot bath later this evening after the eclipse. I'm in CA. so I will get to experience the darkening of the sky around 6:30 pm. I won't be watching it though.

Luvyou, do you fast for at least 3 days then during your period more or less? What do you break your fast with usually?

Love,
Prism

Date: May 21, 2012 01:38AM

Yep 3 or 4... sometimes 5... used to do the full 7 days of it... but i've eased up a bit and just do the most painful days as it helps the pain of the cramps... it varies what i break the fast with... tomatos or cucumber or lettuce ... it used to be fruit... but i'm off of fruit for now...

I had a pretty mellow day... actually took a nap sort of accidentally... then i sat on the porch and did some work and a lot of reading...

luv laugh and dream

Posted by: Nic ()
Date: May 21, 2012 03:35AM

I'm on a juice fast day 7 today, so I guess I joined you too, Prism smiling smiley (although you specifically said water fast, but I sort of joined you)
Nicole

Date: May 21, 2012 02:58PM

With this water fast over for me, I plan on doing another for sure next Sunday.

Nicole, how many days do you plan to stay on your juice fast?

This water fast was so good for me. I feel really light on my feet today.

Anyone doing any kind of fasting is welcome to post along with any of my postings on fasts. We'll hook up again Sunday.

Love,
Prism

Date: May 23, 2012 01:59AM

today is day 3 for me... first day juice... second day water... thrid day water... I don't feel so well... nauseous and a weak... almost numb/tingling feeling in my legs and arms... had a slight headache yesterday... I will juice tomorrow... and finish on thursday...phew... I could do with out the upset stomach... but all in all not so bad...

would it be bad to have kombucha on such an empty body???

luv laugh and dream

Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 24, 2012 04:00PM

I hope you're feeling better. smiling smiley

luvyuu Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> today is day 3 for me... first day juice...
> second day water... thrid day water... I don't
> feel so well... nauseous and a weak... almost
> numb/tingling feeling in my legs and arms... had
> a slight headache yesterday... I will juice
> tomorrow... and finish on thursday...phew... I
> could do with out the upset stomach... but all in
> all not so bad...
>
> would it be bad to have kombucha on such an empty
> body???
>
> luv laugh and dream

Date: May 24, 2012 05:27PM

yes I am feeling better... as soon as i added juice i felt better... the water fast is pretty intense ... haven't eaten yet today as I said I would... i may carry on with another day of juice.....I always dread this part of the fast... ending it... I enjoy the lightness of it physically and spiritually... I don't care for the spaceyness though... but i struggle so with digestive troubles when I eat but not when i fast...

I felt cleaner then i have in a while with this fast... maybe because i got the 2 days of alkaline water... usually i might do one day of water... but typically some variety of juicing is what I do... I had a few interesting meditations yesterday as well... maybe i'll do another right now... so easy to meditate when fasting... ah well hope you are having a wonderful day!!!

luv laugh and dream

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables