Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

How long does the detox/fat cravings last when transitioning to 811?
Date: May 25, 2012 02:47PM

I started this journey by detoxing for 10 days on the Master Cleanse (starting May 6th). I then did 2 days of Orange Juice to break my fast and then transitioned to 80-10-10. I have been eating mostly fruit until dinner and then having a large salad with some type of fat (avocado or nuts/seeds) for dinner.

Yesterday, I was having some hardcore cravings in the early evening so I gave in and devoured a bag of Southwest Ranch Kale chips, followed by a Larabar and some sprouted pistachios. Ugh. My body is going bonkers for excitotoxins and flavor! I hate that I gave into the craving but I didn't know what else to do. Any ideas?

On a separate and unrelated note, how long are the detox symptoms going to last? I feel really tired and lethargic, my chin keeps breaking out with acne (despite my usual flawless skin), and then, of course, the cravings.

Does sweating in a sauna speed up the process?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: How long does the detox/fat cravings last when transitioning to 811?
Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: May 25, 2012 03:23PM

You should eat more sweet fruit when the cravings come and make sure you are hydrated. Always have ripe sweet fruit available or carry green smoothies with you.

Symptoms of detox vary.

Re: How long does the detox/fat cravings last when transitioning to 811?
Date: May 25, 2012 06:13PM

Thanks. I will try to incorporate your suggestions. I am going fruit shopping today. I wish I could find a store that sells ripe fruit. It seems all of the fruit I find these days is a week away from ready to eat. I will do some store hopping tonight if I have to!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables