Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Magnesium
Posted by: helovesyou ()
Date: May 29, 2012 02:43AM

I'm interested in purchasing magnesium in liquid form. Does anyone know of some good companies that sell it?

-Karen

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Magnesium
Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: May 29, 2012 08:40AM

The best form of magnesium in my opinion is Ancient Minerals Transdermal magnesium oil. It was the form that would raise my extremely low levels of magnesium which were contributing to my chronic fatigue and other symptoms.

Oral magnesium even in moderate doses acts as a laxative for many so i was finding it impossible to get enough in me to raise my mag levels. Where as the transdermal magnesium oil doesn't have this issue.

[www.amlaberry.co.uk]

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: May 29, 2012 04:23PM

thanks.

I searched and came up with this interesting book (second edition)

[www.amazon.com]

I noticed that they relate Mg to the sea also, like Iode in Wikipedia (thyroid gland), that says that it came from when all mammals once lived in the sea (fish life form)

the oil mentioned has powerful comments here

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: helovesyou ()
Date: May 29, 2012 04:35PM

Thanks both for the replies. I'll check on that brand. Interesting that they relate Mg to the sea. I didn't know that.

Karen

Date: May 29, 2012 04:38PM

Transdermal magnesium oil is probably the best there is other than IV for restoring intracellular magnesium levels. At one point i was so low in magnesium that going up the stairs could raise my heart rate to scary levels aswell as severe muscle cramping.

The ancient minerals magnesium oil probably took a few months of sporadic use but even from the first application it had slowed my heart rate and heart palpitations down immensely. Not all brands are equal so far i will only reccomend Ancient Minerals, i had used the other main brand that is in the UK and there magnesium bath oil burns my skin badly and i didn't notice any benefits with their oil either.

Little article i did on Ancient Minerals Magnesium - [vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: May 29, 2012 04:55PM

helovesyou Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Interesting that they relate Mg to the sea.
> I didn't know that.
>
> Karen

I got the relation from the reviews of the 8oz bottle linked above, and also from other reviews of the book:

"As Dr. Mark Sircus' web site video implies to me, if we could swim regularly in the ocean we would likely have less if any need to shore up vitally needed magnesium in human health maintenance systems. "

"It's ultra pure because it's sourced from an ancient seabed a mile beneath the earth's surface"

"Not really oil but a liquid that has been extracted from sea water where the magnesium has been concentrated."

Date: May 29, 2012 05:07PM

all these new findings have made me doubt if humans will ever be ready for space travel and living inside white plastic refrigerators and eating multivitamin pills smiling smiley

Date: May 29, 2012 06:46PM

I forgot to say that many liquid magnesium formulas are usually magnesium oxide/hydroxide based which not only neutralizes stomach acid but is a very poorly absorbed form of magnesium. It is also caustic so burns the intestinal tissues which is why it is often used as a laxative.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 06:47PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: May 29, 2012 06:58PM

Hippocrates used to use Eniva and like always I trust Brian Clements judgment, he is a Bio-Chemist and has been in the healing bussiness for 40yrs. They do live blood cell analysis before confirming what they sell. They don't use it now that I know of because the company stopped making the flavorless type and Brian did not like that. It would also be a good idea to eat RAW food sources of this mineral.

Date: May 29, 2012 07:01PM

What product are you referring to out of interest rzman10001?.

I remember the name of Eniva Vibe which was a MLM marketed liquid multi-vitamin/mineral product if i remember although it has been a while since i looked at the product again if it is still about.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 07:02PM by powerlifer.

Date: May 29, 2012 07:38PM

[shop.enivausa.com]
Do a search on Eniva-then products, and go to right side and choose liquid minerals if this link does not work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 07:41PM by rzman10001.

Date: May 29, 2012 07:46PM

rzman10001 Wrote:
> [shop.enivausa.com]
> ?id=8209
> Do a search on Eniva-then products, and go to
> right side and choose liquid minerals if this link
> does not work.

Looks like a good product comes in 3 different forms, all 3 which are highly absorbable forms of magensium. Although i still prefer transdermal magnesium oil as any oral dose of magnesium can come with the side effect of acting as a laxative.

Looks good though, if i was going with an oral magnesium supplement i would probably give that one a bash. I think i used their Germanium liquid product if i remember right years back.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 07:47PM by powerlifer.

Date: May 29, 2012 07:47PM

Here is what they are using now.
[www.hippocratesstore.org]

Here is the website for it instead.
[www.eidon.com]

Tell me what you think, the Eidon mag. is just mag. without anything else, looks pretty good.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/29/2012 07:51PM by rzman10001.

Posted by: HH ()
Date: May 31, 2012 02:33AM

I endorse Ancient Minerals. I dry brush, workout, rub in some magnesium oil, eat some food, shower, and moisturize. One of the best parts of my day.

Date: June 01, 2012 09:52AM

Hey, I may as well ask. Is there any other essential element I should look into other than Iodine (lugol solution) and Magnesium (transdermal oil)?

Thanks

Date: June 01, 2012 11:11AM

Panchito Wrote:
> Hey, I may as well ask. Is there any other
> essential element I should look into other than
> Iodine (lugol solution) and Magnesium (transdermal
> oil)?
>
> Thanks

Zinc possibly if you suspect you are low Panchito, it can be a troublesome nutrient on a raw vegan diet not in that its hard to achieve the RDA because its not really, the problem is that the average raw vegan diet is probably around 8 times richer in copper than your average diet. Copper is antagonistic to Zinc and raw plant sources tend to be much better sources of Copper than they do Zinc. Which is why i eat my share of cooked beans, legumes, nuts and seeds which are all Zinc rich and help bring the ratio back into balance.

Selenium is another nutrient which is notorious for being low on a vegan diet but is easily remedied with 1-2 brazil nuts a day.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/01/2012 11:14AM by powerlifer.

Date: June 01, 2012 12:54PM

thanks.

I'll give a try to this one:

[www.amazon.com]

They say in the comments that a way to test if you are Zinc deficient is if when you eat it, it does not have to taste like metal. If it tastes like metal then you are Zinc OK. It also helps with hair loss (811 complaint number 1). I wonder if 811s are Zinc deficient.

Date: June 01, 2012 02:19PM

Hair loss can be caused by a number of issues although you are right sub-optimal Zinc levels are one of those, Zinc is involved in the production of adrenal hormones.

The Zinc tally taste test is a very crude way of checking Zinc levels but it is worth a shot along with symptoms, hair tissue mineral analysis and blood serum levels.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: June 07, 2012 01:05PM

I've been reading the book "Transdermal Magnesium Therapy" (2nd edition) and I am shocked at all the repercussions of being Mg low. Apparently it depletes fast from the body upon needs. Somehow, the unending video rants of some 811s raw fooders ring a bell. Could it be they are Mg low and living in hell? I am in pg 64 and learning

Date: June 07, 2012 01:22PM

Low magnesium is truly one of the worst minerals to be low in, largely because magnesium is involved in so many of the body processes.

Especially in relation to the heart and nervous system, my magnesium was very low due to stress and adrenal fatigue then when i started drinking heavily that was the end really. Alcohol encourages magnesium and nutrient loss but has an affinity for magnesium, zinc and B vitamins in particular. Even sitting i had tachycardia and constant irregular beats/palpitations which would improve with just applying the transdermal magnesium oil once or twice.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Date: June 08, 2012 08:11PM

Ooo that looks like good stuff and I have such serious GI challenges that I cannot take anything orally!

I will also add that at Hippocrates Mag. is one of the first things most people get after a Darfield Microscopy test to see if diffecient.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables