Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: Michelle Pfeiffer Goes Vegan
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 07, 2012 04:44PM

You know, that line escaped me on first glance. I was focusing on the dissection of MP's body: "skinny fat."

I think it's a valid point to raise. I mean, it implies that a gay man is unhealthy if he's not attracted to her.Not every man is hetero, after all...

I may come off as a militant feminist and I am far from it. But there is something decidedly disconcerting about reading two men go back and forth on evaluating a woman's body, whether or not she is a movie star. Being a movie star (and emphasizing one's sexiness) still doesn't warrant being put under a microscope, IMO.

WY, I am still waiting to hear your imput. And by the way, would you be so kind as to post a current pic of you with your shirt off? John Rose, since you have done so, is it alright for me to grade you, also?winking smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: pborst ()
Date: June 07, 2012 04:56PM

one thing that Michelle said that I liked regardless of how one thinks she looks or speaks, is that she lowered her cholesterol 83 points on a vegan diet because she didn't want to take the medication. Good for her. I'm glad she is onboard so to speak. I'm hoping she stays with it.

Paul

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 07, 2012 05:12PM

Yea and its weird how the interview ends very abruptly when she revealed her cholestorol results.
I sure bet big Pharma doesnt want this info spreading around.

Date: June 07, 2012 05:23PM

eaglefly Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Yea and its weird how the interview ends very
> abruptly when she revealed her cholestorol
> results.
> I sure bet big Pharma doesnt want this info
> spreading around.

agreed, good point.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 07, 2012 06:21PM

Uh, banana who, I don't recall responding to a post from you at all here . . .

In any case, I was referring to WY's quirk of sometimes responding to his own posts, which does not require approving nor disapproving the content of the posts. If you find that "interesting," well, OK, then.

I think the interview excerpt was cut short when it was for brevity. Not everything has a secret nefarious motivation, people!

Posted by: Anonymous User ()
Date: June 07, 2012 07:53PM

I don't know how anyone interprets another person's entire mindset from one tiny comment, sheesh. There are people who come from another generation that had different habits, including speech, that don't completely jive with the whole PC movement but to imply something like homophobia or what-the-heck ever based on what's written here is just looking for something to take issue with. Come on now, if you aren't sure about what was implied you can always just ASK before jumping to the worst possible conclusion.

Date: June 07, 2012 08:58PM

Tamukha Wrote:
> I think the interview excerpt was cut short when
> it was for brevity. Not everything has a secret
> nefarious motivation, people!

It's true not everything has a nefarious motivation. I agree. And I think a little healthy skepticism can be a good thing.

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: June 07, 2012 09:43PM

banana who Wrote:
> WY, I am still waiting to hear your imput. And by
> the way, would you be so kind as to post a current
> pic of you with your shirt off?

Well, okay. But I want everyone to know that when I rated Michelle Pfeiffer 2 out of 10, I wasn't rating her physical appearance, but rather her knowledge of Veganism.
Do you think I'm Skinny Fat?......WY

[img.photobucket.com]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 07, 2012 10:43PM

I like the red floor!

Date: June 08, 2012 12:01AM

Tamukha Wrote:
> Uh, banana who, I don't recall responding to a
> post from you at all here . . .
>
> In any case, I was referring to WY's quirk of
> sometimes responding to his own posts, which does
> not require approving nor disapproving the content
> of the posts. If you find that "interesting,"
> well, OK, then.
>
>
>
> I think the interview excerpt was cut short when
> it was for brevity. Not everything has a secret
> nefarious motivation, people!

Tam, I never claimed to be responding to THIS thread. I was referring to the one on cannibalism. You questioned a few of my comments and did not clarify. I am just growing a bit tired of feeling schooled in PC-consciousness, when I am not a bigot in any way, shape or form. Not saying you were accusing but I didn't know where you were coming from on that one.

Coco, I agree that different generations have different ways of saying things. Let's think the best of ALL of us then! Let's have that same generous regard to all of us and not jump to conclusions or even feel the need to gently reprimand those who don't say things in the "proper" way, etc. But no matter the age group, I will never feel too hot about men sitting around evaluating a woman on her looks.

Date: June 08, 2012 12:01AM

WY, LOL!!!! Useless without the pics, my man...winking smiley

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 08, 2012 12:07AM

banana who Wrote:
> WY, LOL!!!! Useless without the pics, my man...winking smiley

?
He put a link in with a pic

Date: June 08, 2012 12:08AM

I'm not comfortable with it either, gives me the Heebie Jeebies. But in this case, having interacted with the person for nigh on a decade now, I feel an inkling of character on which to base my interpretation of their posts.

As for that other thread, come on now. I have a hard time believing what's posted there isn't a lark, it's hard to take that level of paranoia seriously. Break out the tin foil folks! tongue sticking out smiley

Date: June 08, 2012 12:32AM

Oh...I totally didn't see that link. Weird. In any case, I have to hand it to you WY--you have cajones to actually post your pic. I will not evaluate you, though, because personally I am not into looks. smiling smiley

Coco, it is posted as a lark because it's out there, but yeah, I do feel that it is very strange "synchronicity." I don't think it qualifies as paranoia, but I don't deny that it's out there. (By the way, I find it also odd that Canada had a public shooting in a mall or something, along with our Cannuck cannibal character.)

Date: June 08, 2012 01:30AM

You find it odd that there was a public shooting here? It doesn't happen often but it does happen now and again. Of course, as it's rare it gets a lot of press. But one shooting? This is the biggest country in the world, there's going to be some crime and murder here.
I don't know where the cannibalism is coming from in that case, there is ZERO official indication that he ate anything. Sensationalism.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 01:31AM by coco.

Date: June 08, 2012 01:44AM

Coco, I have just been hearing many things from Canada lately and this is in addition to a more hardline approach there. Correct me if I am wrong on that front.

Anyway, I am getting away from Michelle Pfeiffer's beauty level. Must get back on that anon...

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 08, 2012 11:46AM

banana who,

I am getting away from Michelle Pfeiffer's beauty level. Must get back on that anon...

No, no, keep moving, and the rest of us will follow, back to the original point of the thread--isn't great that a celeb famous for her looks is worried enough about her insides to change her lifestyle! smiling smiley

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 08, 2012 12:55PM

When jumping to conclusions be prepared to fall far and hard smiling smiley

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: Jgunn ()
Date: June 08, 2012 01:45PM

I personally find THIS comment way more rude and offensive then what Yogi said

banana who Wrote:
> Oh...I totally didn't see that link. Weird. In any
> case, I have to hand it to you WY--you have
> cajones to actually post your pic. I will not
> evaluate you, though, because personally I am not
> into looks. smiling smiley

The tip off in Yogi's post that he was grading on intelligence not looks was the part where he mentions that he is a "former school teacher"

If you said the above to me after showing you my picture, id demand not one but two apologies .. one for jumping to conclusions without asking for clarification and two for the backhanded passive aggressive insult that followed

...Jodi, the banana eating buddhist

Posted by: HH ()
Date: June 08, 2012 03:53PM

THANK YOU.

coco Wrote:
> I don't know how anyone interprets another
> person's entire mindset from one tiny comment,
> sheesh. There are people who come from another
> generation that had different habits, including
> speech, that don't completely jive with the whole
> PC movement but to imply something like homophobia
> or what-the-heck ever based on what's written here
> is just looking for something to take issue with.
> Come on now, if you aren't sure about what was
> implied you can always just ASK before jumping to
> the worst possible conclusion.

Date: June 08, 2012 04:25PM

Really, Jodi, really?! First of all, I was referring to WY's FIRST statement. Yes, I realize that he was including her "cute manner and veganism." But he and John Rose WERE at least partially evaluating MP for her looks. I dislike women being graded period. Sorry if that was unclear to you or anyone else.

Passive-aggressive? Are you kidding me? I was trying to be kind. I don't feel comfortable looking at someone's photo and scrutinizing it, no matter how buff they are. I actually don't feel comfortable judging anybody's anything. I have had the experience more than once of having someone ask me to critique their writing--academic and artistic. When I was HONEST (not rude, but honest) they acted like I insulted them.

I now tell people that I am willing to evaluate whatever they wish if they can handle the truth. Most people,IMO, are fishing for compliments. That is fine if the person tells you what you want to hear but unpleasant if otherwise.

In this case, I was just kidding about WY and I almost feel like I prodded him into revealing himself online when I wasn't serious about evaluating him or anyone else at all! I just reread the portion of my comment which you (Jodi) were offended by. If you didn't know me online and I had posted that, I could see where you would "jump to a conclusion (hard)" and think that I would be that rude. I guess you feel that this is something I would typically say and that's too bad. I am far from passive-aggressive; I speak directly (maybe sometimes excessively!). I don't have to snipe at someone indirectly to get my point across and I certainly was not doing that here.

WY, I hope I didn't offend you because it wasn't intentional in the least. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 04:40PM by banana who.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 08, 2012 06:31PM

*WARNING - GRAPHIC LANGUAGE*

coco Wrote:
here's going to be
> some crime and murder here.
> I don't know where the cannibalism is coming from
> in that case, there is ZERO official indication
> that he ate anything. Sensationalism.

[worldnews.msnbc.msn.com]

"The video also shows the suspect eating parts of the body, police said."

[www.thesun.co.uk]

"The ten-minute film shows the victim being stabbed in a frenzy with an ICE-PICK, before being dismembered, sexually abused and his flesh EATEN with a knife and fork. "

[www.winnipegfreepress.com]

"While both killer and victim lay naked, he dismembered the corpse and committed sexual and cannibalistic acts on it."

Date: June 08, 2012 06:42PM

KidRaw? Why are you posting this on this thread?

Date: June 08, 2012 06:47PM

LOL- Lord have mercy...What a wild and wacky world...

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 08, 2012 07:20PM

banana who Wrote:
> But no matter the age group, I
> will never feel too hot about men sitting around
> evaluating a woman on her looks.

I'm a woman and I don't mind men (or women for that matter) sitting around evaluating a woman on her looks. And same goes for evaluating a man on his looks! (Girls do it all the time!) smiling smiley

I'm thinking, after all, I want to be attractive and I try to be attractive, and I like it when someone finds me attractive and I try to think "fair enough" when someone doesn't...

But all this of course keeping in mind that looks evaluation is only one aspect, in other words, that those who evaluate are aware that there are aspects other than looks to the woman/man who is being evaluated.

I don't know, what's wrong with saying "based on her looks, i'd give her 2 out of 10"? After all, it is completely different from saying "based on her looks, i'd give her 2 out of 10, and 2 is what she will ever be able to get from me, because there is nothing to her apart from her looks". The first does not entail the second! And personally, I don't know anyone who has ever said or meant the second. smiling smiley

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 07:22PM by chat.

Date: June 08, 2012 07:40PM

Chat, do you mind giving your age? I know this will sound like bragging, but I have been called a 10. LOL- no, not this week or this...decade. But I have experienced it. So I am not one of "those" feminists who might be bitter about never being seen by men as "hot."

I used to be overly concerned with my appearance. Now I am not. Ironically, the more secure I became, the less I felt the need to look a certain way for the outer worldsmiling smiley

It really does work that way. Many young women who are gorgeous have distorted body image. They either have eating disorders or simply think they need plastic surgery because something's wrong. It's madness.

The truth is that a fair number of raw fooders are very into their Earth shells. They want to look good. Not saying it's evil but it does seem rather fruitless. I just don't think it's the meaning of life and we only have so much time to contemplate that, LOL.

No laws exist for you not to evaluate some man's physique. I am more into personality, sense of humor, and intellect anyhow. I would never, ever fall for a guy based on his pecs. He'd have to have a big heart and be spiritual for me to give him a second look.

Date: June 08, 2012 07:41PM

Oh and non-materialistic, likes to read...I found one of thosewinking smiley

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 08, 2012 08:10PM

30 but I'm not very responsible for my agewinking smiley

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 08, 2012 08:33PM

Humans are disturbed beings arnt they. Wouldnt it be nice if we all had a higher level of conciousness? I often wonder. But for now alot of us are just animals trying their best to get through life. We often don't even know what is healthy for us to eat, how we should act and how we should speak? I think some animals are smarter.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: June 08, 2012 08:42PM

Crapola, I cant get the vid. MP is sexy! at least on the outside, I don't know her personally lol.

Pages: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables