Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Gum desease, implants - natural solution?
Posted by: rab ()
Date: June 15, 2012 01:30AM

I have a problem with gum desease and I will need implants. Instead of using medications prescribed by dentists, is there a natural alternative? Also, is there any kind of alternative to implants that is more acceptable from a healthy living point of view?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Gum desease, implants - natural solution?
Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 15, 2012 03:12AM

I'm not sure of the details surrounding gum implants, but using a water flosser daily can halt the progression of gum disease and keep your mouth squeaky clean to prevent further damage.

I'd recommend googling it, there are some interesting and relatively neutral published studies about how it can improve bleeding and other problems...

Also, lots of minerals in the diet are good for the mouth in general. Wheatgrass is supposed to be one of the best.

Good luck. <3

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 15, 2012 09:45AM

Check out minerals like magnesium (transdermal). It affects inflamation and inderectly the gums. Zinc is also what the the inmune system uses. I've had my gums riddle with gingivatis for ever. I have a mercury filling and my clearance numbers are the highest at that filling. My dentists is unable to make it better and I brush, floss, water floss like 6 times a day.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: June 15, 2012 10:17AM

Green and white tea have been shown to help for gum disease, although they are not raw obviously.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Posted by: WorkoutMan ()
Date: June 15, 2012 04:39PM

a tea made from the herb white oak bark is very good

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: June 15, 2012 04:56PM

Use a mouth rinse and gargle of povidone iodine and water. You can search for more info. on that protocol.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: June 15, 2012 05:49PM

Hey rab,

The first thing we must keep in mind when it comes to most of our Dis-eases is that there is no such thing as Separate Body Parts, which means that if you have problems with your Eyes or your Teeth or your Gums, you have a problem with your Whole Body, hence the need for Holistic Medicine.

So with this mind, you want to do the same thing someone does with any other Health Challenge and that is to stop making Mistakes and Satisfy all of your Needs. The simplest and fastest way to stop making the Biggest Mistakes we are making is to start with a long, extended properly conducted Juice Feast. As your Major Channel of Elimination starts to work more efficiently, most if not all of your Health Challenges disappear. However, there is a Point of Irreversibility and we cannot change the Condition of all 4 of our Current Status Factors overnight, especially the Condition of our Body, which is where most of our Warning Signs are Manifesting.

By the way, Dr. Herbert Shelton said that a toothache is Nature's way of telling you to stop eating. Dr. Herbert Shelton also said, “In the pyorrhea that 'four out of five' are said to have, we see inflammation, loosening of the teeth, necrosis of the jaw, and even falling out of the teeth. In numerous cases that we have cared for, the gum inflammation has subsided, the ulcers have healed, pus formation has ceased and the loosened teeth have become firmly fixed in their sockets, and all of this has occurred while the patient was fasting.”

Unfortunately, Water Fasting is no longer considered the best preparation for a better Way of Life because of the Chemical Industry and now, we must actually prepare to do a Water Fast. So the best option for most of us is to Modify what used to be the best preparation for a better Way of Life by doing a Juice Fast or Juice Feast as I prefer to call it. The key to successfully doing a Juice Feast is to drink a lot of Juice, which will also do something a Water Fast CANNOT do and that is Bump Up our Biophotons. Dr. Fritz-Albert Popp found a direct relationship between our Biophoton Levels and our overall Health - the less we have the Sicker we are and the more we have the more VIBRANT we are!!!

Regardless of the condition of your teeth, regardless if there is Permanent Damage and you need implants, it’s still in your best interest to make sure your Body is the best that it can be and the Juice Feast accomplishes this about 10 times faster than just eating a Raw Vegan Diet. At any rate, I hope your teeth are salvageable and if you give your Body a Solid Food Vacation, your Gums will go through a Transformation you won’t even believe until you do it.

Peace and Love..........John

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 15, 2012 07:57PM

Hey John, so what's again is the "issue" with our biophotones, and why do they need to be "bumped up" (and in which sense??)?

I saw your references to articles criticising wikipedia on the other thread, will def read them at some point but I was really hoping you would point to some information about the biophotons bumping up necessity!

As I posted in that other thread I looked for it and couldn't find anything apart from the fact that our cells emit small particles of light which are called biophotons, and the research is ongoing into whether these emission form the part of cells interaction. You seemed to suggest that this is wrong information, and criticised wikipedia. Do you have any link to a "right" information?

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: rab ()
Date: June 16, 2012 08:04AM

Is anyone using fluoride free tooth paste? Can you recommend one?

Date: June 16, 2012 08:08AM

Tom's of Maine makes one (but they also make some WITH fluoride, so read the labels!). Green Beaver (star anise) and Desert Essence (ginger) are pretty clean and tasty, those two are my favorite... Jason also makes some but I don't think it's quite as pure... Lots of stuff at health food stores to choose from.

I dunno if Burt's Bees makes toothpaste, but they were bought out by Clorox. angry smiley

Read and re-read your labels. I accidentally bought something with sodium benzoate yesterday *bangs head on keyboard* #@OFNEKSCPSJOWUINL

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 16, 2012 01:13PM

rab,

Was using the Ayurvedic toothpaste, Vicco, for a while, and loved it(so did my dentist, based on my tooth health!), but I didn't feel like trekking all the way out to the one hfs that stocks it around here, so I have returned to Jason Sea Fresh from the local hfs for now. I stopped using it a couple of years ago because all the sea vegetable extracts in it were clogging up my pipes, but I knew I needed to have a couple of pipes flushed out this season, anyhow, so what the heck! I recall now how much I loved this toothpaste: like the Vicco, it leaves my mouth feeling really clean and my teeth feeling pearly. Also like the Vicco, it's superconcentrated, so a tiny nub is all you need for a toothbrushing session.

My dentists told me last visit in May that the single most important thing she and her colleagues have seen affect the health of gums and teeth is lack of flossing. They consider this primary in importance, over brushing, even. Water or filament flossing, they don't care, just as long as it's done diligently.

Posted by: rawne ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:16PM

You might want to try urine. Others with advanced gum disease have reported excellent results from using it in lieu of toothpaste, also holding it inside the mouth & swishing it around ideally for thirty minutes but at a minium, ten minutes. You might also want to consider drinking urine.
rawne

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 16, 2012 02:48PM

My dentist also "advised" me to clean up with flossing twice a day. Guess what? it never cured anyting for the last 12 years. There is a cause for gum dissease and "not flossing" is not really it. It helps but it is not the cause. The dentist love me because I am high maintenance. He loves to keep me there comming back. Instead of going twice a year I go four times a year and everytime it is bad news. I floss, water floss, everything. Nope, that's not it. I think my gum problem comes from a mineral deficiency that is manifested in a weakness and inflamation, making me an easy target for gingivitis. It is my current believe that mineral deficiencies cause all kind of problems, from hormone changes to chronic diseases, metabolic weaknesses, etc. In my next visit to the dentist I hope to see me condition improved by working the problem from the inside out. If you don't help yourself by studing you will be a life time customer. If you don't help yourself, you'll fall in the traps

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2012 02:53PM by Panchito.

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 18, 2012 12:00AM

you could try these ideas:

mega doses of coenzyme q 10 (CoQ10)

oil pulling. (google it)

Vicco powder toothpase.

jj

Posted by: WheatgrassYogi ()
Date: June 18, 2012 02:26AM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> ...... Also, is there any kind of alternative to implants that is more acceptable from a healthy living point of view?

Do not have your teeth pulled. Do not consider implants. Keep your mouth Alkaline, and you'll never have any problems. No animal in the Wild has dental problems.
I'd suggest Celtic Sea Salt....Vital Mineral Blend. Use 4 Tbsp. in 32 ounces of water. Rinse your mouth at least 4 times daily (do not swallow any)......WY
P.S. Pascalite Clay is also very good.

[www.celticseasalt.com]

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 18, 2012 03:17AM

WheatgrassYogi Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do not have your teeth pulled. Do not consider
> implants. Keep your mouth Alkaline, and you'll
> never have any problems. No animal in the Wild has
> dental problems.

That would be true if we were animals in the wild. We are not. We have not even been "healthy" and "natural" from our birth. Many of us who now look for these natural solutions come from the background of years eating unhealthy food and living unnatural lives. And many of us have generations behind us of similarly unhealthy and unnatural people. So we are anything but wild I'm afraid. This is not to say that one should not look for a natural solution; merely that it is wrong to suggest that a natural solution is a panacea to all our illnesses. "Keep your mouth Alkaline, and you'll never have any problems." The problem is that some people are too far gone by this point and keeping their mouth alkaline is simply not going to cut it. ,

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: June 18, 2012 07:17AM

Sadly, the formation of the dental palate is determined largely by what your mother ate while you were in utero. It's epigenetic.

If you teach your kids well, and they teach THEIR kids well, your grandkids might get to reap some of the benefits. I hope I can live long enough to see it!

I do hope I also get to avoid the dentist as much as possible. >.>

Staying alkaline as possible and doing all you can will definitely help...

Dr. Mercola is another awesome source for tooth information. If you do have rotting teeth in your mouth (e.g., root canal), it is best to get them pulled. The gums are a direct link to your heart.

Baking soda applied directly can soothe inflammation. This, of all things, was what turned the tides when I got an infected gum from a NASTY cheap $1 toothbrush (I learned my lesson there!).

Posted by: juicin' john ()
Date: June 20, 2012 05:48PM

gingivitus has been known for some time to be a contributing factor to heart disease..i have pasted a blurb from Dr. Gary Gordon MD who is a well known Integrative Medical Practitioner (new name for what was once known as "alternanative" medicine.

also a little known tooth brush invention from the 1960's which drawwsw the plaque out with a "blotting" technique and helps alot of people who are sensitive because of gum disease.

[www.resourcesforlife.net]

also i repeat from previous post: CoQ10 is somewhat of a miracle supplement for bleeding gums.

(cut and paste below regarding gingivitus)

Do you floss your teeth as often as you should? You might want to be sure you do-especially after learning about this third troublemaker, Porphyomonas gingivitis.

This bacterial agent is known largely responsible for its role in causing gum disease, but recent data involving its relationship to heart disease deserves attention. Dr. Raul Garcia of the Boston Veteran's Hospital, as part of the Normative Aging Study, reviewed the cumulative twenty-five year data on over one thousand men. The men with terrible gum disease had twice the incidence of heart attacks compared to healthy peers. Their stroke rate was three times as high. At the scene of the crime was crime was Porphyomonas gingivitis.11

Why might oral systemic enzymes be helpful here?
The science behind enzymes is substantial, especially in relationship to their role as biological response modifiers; enzymes enhance the healing response. In Europe, the posters in the pharmacies read "Fitness for the Immune System". But you ask, "What do enzymes do? Why do they work? In simple terms, they help cell signaling, assisting cells in knowing what to do and when.
The immune system is complicated, but we know a lot, especially in regards to how enzymes speed up healing and prevent edema and scarring processes.

Enzymes are involved in all of the following and more:

Induction of optimal amounts of tumor necrosis factor and interleukins. Systemic oral enzymes lead to a dose-dependent increased formation of tumor necrosis factor (TNF-a), interleukin 1-b and interleukin 6. These tough cops kill dangerous cells and cancer tissues circulating in the body, as well as mount attacks on bacteria and viruses. 12

Macrophage and killer activation. The activity of bacteria-consuming macrophages is increased up to 700 percent within 10 minutes following the start of systemic oral enzyme therapy. 8 The activity of natural killer cells went up 1,300 percent during the same time. 13, 17

Selective Destruction of Infectious Agents. When proteolytic enzymes are added to bacterial cell cultures, loss of bacterial nuclei occur, and loss of cell architecture takes place; the bacteria die and their debris is removed via enzymatic processes. 14, 15
The Master Cytokine - Transforming Growth Hormone, beta factor, is kept in check, being reduced in processes where fibrosis and scarring are likely to occur. 16,17,18

Are you interested in doing what you can to help reduce chronic inflammation as it relates to the heart disease? Of course you are. Defend Your Heart with Systemic Oral Enzymes!

jj

Posted by: vikismith ()
Date: August 14, 2012 07:02AM

Now a day's there are many companies available which provide dental implants services with low cost. You can implant your teeth very quickly. You not need to wait for a week; you just get it one day. You can find these companies on internet and in local business directories.

implants in Dublin

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables