Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Sea salt
Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: June 21, 2012 01:17PM

All life comes from the sea, was made on a sea-like water, and contain minerals from the sea.

This is a quote from the book "Transdermal Magnesium Theraphy"

"
Dr. Alexis Carrel kept a chicken heart alive for 27 years by keeping the pulsating heart in a solution of isotonic seawater:

The soluble minerals in seawater:

* Act as ionized conductors of the body's electrical current, which is necessary for all bodily functions.

* Act as catalysts and activators of other nutrients including vitamins.

* Are the building blocks of enzymes, hormones and other natural body chemicals used by the body to perform specific functions.

* Have an equalizing and balancing effect; body fluids, fluid pressures, and pH levels are balanced by minerals.

*Are essential in digestion and absorption of nutrients by our body.
"

Salts are not the equal. This is the best sea salt available that I know of:

[www.celticseasalt.com]

But the skin is the biggest organ of the body and it absorbs seawater in larger quantities when taking a bath on the sea. You can recreate sea water in your bath tab without having to travel to the sea

[www.celticseasalt.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Sea salt
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 21, 2012 11:35PM

Interesting! Thanks for that. I never thought about using it in the bath. I like Real Salt but I found some unrefined salt from Trader Joe's that is sun-dried and unbleached and much cheaper. I like to mix things up smiling smiley

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 22, 2012 11:46AM

banana who,

For a splurge:

[www.ahavaus.com]

Date: June 22, 2012 01:10PM

also check out Epson salts

Epson Salts (MgSO4.7H2O): pH 5.5-7.0 contains magnesium sulfate. Children with autism are usually defective in sulfate. Sulfate is rapidly excreted from the kidneys and difficult to assimilate. Sulfur is crucial to the body but it is wasted in the urine of autistic children.

The best sea salt is the one that contains magnesium chloride MgSO4 (better than magnesium sulfate MgCl2 but sulfate is also good for you). Chloride helps absorb b12 in the stomach among other things.

If people that follow vegetarian diets supplemented with Magnesium chloride (transdermal) + Zinc (liquid) + Iodine (lugols solution) + selenium (Brazil nuts), then many of the odd symptoms they complain about would disappear in a few days. Magnesium and Zinc will raise testosterone. Vegs have less testosterone because they don't have enough magnesium and Zinc. People focus on calorie counts, proteins, etc but I see these minerals as more important as they control everything (energy levels, hormones, etc). I've been using them and I can feel a huge difference. No more sore muscles (train 5-6 times a week hard). Big performance. Higher libido, etc. I eat the same but take these mineral supplements. Sea salts "supposedly" contain all these minerals but different sea salts will give you different results. I've read sick people have cured from odd disease with sea salts by returning their mineral levels. They may have had problems absorbing them through diet.

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: June 22, 2012 09:24PM

Oh yea!
I regularly take long soaks in epsom salts.
There is alot of debate on consumption of sea salts however.
Some say they are very health building.
Others say sodium is sodium,no matter the source.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 23, 2012 07:08AM

Panchito, wicked information. Thank you. My boyfriend and I are both huge connoisseurs of both bath and sea salts... and now we can take it to the next level. >8)

Date: June 23, 2012 11:03AM

Minerals are a big part of the equation of health. If you combine them with detox then they can do miracles.

Most people think that that their Magnesium is the Mg level in the blood. This is a very tricky measurement because the body needs Mg in the blood to protect the heart. That is, cells will release Mg if the Mg level in the blood gets low. so when people check it they think they are Mg ok. Low Mg in the blood is a heart attack. Mg is the second most important thing after water. No Mg no life. Athelets drop dead on the floor when they push the limit. It is not that they have a dissease but that they are Mg hungry.

How do you know if your Mg level is OK? You have to take Mg, and if you notice a change then that means you were low. Some people recover from symptoms in 10 days after taking transdermal Mg. But it may take 3 or 4 months supplementing to fully restore your Mg levels at the cellular level.

With seasalt, you want all the other elements except sodium. That's why it is important to chose the right salt. They are not all the same. The table salt I link contains the most of the 'other' elements you need. If you could take baths in the sea every day, theoretically you would not need any supplements.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 23, 2012 09:16PM

Tam, what is it like? I have never used Dead Sea salt or even Epson salt in the bath (I don't take baths anymore). I know that the latter is supposed to be good for muscle relaxation due to magnesium but not about Dead Sea.

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: June 23, 2012 10:46PM

Whatever you do - don't ingest the bath salts!

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 24, 2012 06:43AM

Or anyone's face after ingesting bath salts, but that's another story. winking smiley

I need to find me some MGSO4!

Date: June 24, 2012 11:51AM

I named them backwards earlier sad smiley

MgCl2 = magnesium chloride

MgSO4 = magnesium sulfate

The best one is MgCl2 (magnesium chloride). I think magnesium chloride is called magnesium oil. For example, I know for sure this is MgCl2

[www.amazon.com]

There are other brands

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: June 24, 2012 02:06PM

I love a good ol' soak in bath salts, which has also something to do with inhalation too I think. I'm not so sure about what our skin allows to pass through it though. Like, we'd be in big trouble if our skin allowed just anything in.

I'm abit skeptical about the chicken heart beating all by itself for any extended length of time in a isotonic solution which may or may not have stimulated the hearts neural network. Wouldn't it need oxygen and nutrients and blood as the carrier?

Also, I don't like that absolute and apparently factual statement that all life came from the sea either.

So, I'd be put off reading that book right from the start. No offence Panchito, just making some critical observations regarding the book grinning smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables