Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

What did you eat today?
Posted by: RawPlease ()
Date: June 26, 2012 03:22AM

I'd like to see what people are eating for ideas. (I need to eat more since I recently switched to raw, but I'm not thinking of many options.)

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: What did you eat today?
Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 26, 2012 03:53AM

Bananas figs celery lettuce peaches watermelon avocado coconut sapodilla mangos

Posted by: snowshoe23 ()
Date: June 26, 2012 06:48AM

banana apple orange pumpkin seeds sunflower seeds nori sheets onion lettuce carrots tomato apple cider vinegar pear fasting tea

Posted by: chat ()
Date: June 26, 2012 07:29AM

Breakfast: large glass (about 450ml) of oranje juice upon waking up, then half a small cantaloupe, some water and 100g romaine lettuce smoothie.

Lunch: A bowl of chopped broccoli mixed with 20 sprouted almonds, some grated carrot, chopped red bell pepper, celery and a sprinkle of raisins.

Dinner: Sweet potato and carrot mush with a spoon of coconut oil, and with tomato/cucumber/cilantro/onion salad.

I also have a bag of grapes(400g) in the fridge, might have some of it in between meals as a snack.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 26, 2012 03:16PM

Chat, how did you make the "mush"- cooked sweet potatoes or just Vitamix everything?

Date: June 26, 2012 04:33PM

Vitamix (Phillips!) everything! Try it, it's not bad at allsmiling smiley If you are unsure about coconut oil, try it with a bit of raw hummus for example, the idea is to add a bit of "fatness" to the mash, to make it creamy.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 26, 2012 05:40PM

Do you peel the sweet potatoes? I find them very hard to cut or peel. I bake them (pricking holes first) and eat the skins!

Date: June 26, 2012 06:58PM

banana who Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Do you peel the sweet potatoes? I find them very
> hard to cut or peel. I bake them (pricking holes
> first) and eat the skins!

They are very easy to peel, actually some skin comes off during washing, just like white potatoes. Make sure you don't get yam instead of sweet potato, these are different things which I've read in US sometimes called the same. I suspect it is yam that has hard skin, just like British winter squash.

Posted by: RAWLION ()
Date: June 27, 2012 04:16AM

fruit, green smoothie, cherry tomatoes. lunch was kale chips, salad, sauerkraut. bananas, orange juice. dinner is gonna be more kale chips, more smoothie, and heirloom tomato!

Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: June 27, 2012 08:35AM

Nuts & fruit for breakfast. I was touristing in Hollywood today and found a great raw vegan cafe so i had their Pad Thai Noodles for lunch with a green juice. Vegan sushi for dinner. Banana tomatoes broccoli carrots - snacks.

Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: June 27, 2012 08:39AM

Raw Lion - how do you make kale chips? Dehydrator? Do you use any special seasonings? Thanks.

Date: June 27, 2012 04:52PM

Lunch: romaine lettuce stuffed with cauliflower, almond and carrot pulp mush mixed with chopped red bell peppers, green onions and tomato. Feeling very healthy right now!grinning smiley

Date: June 30, 2012 04:33PM

* Ryegrass juice
* Fenugreek sprout juice
* Alfalfa Sprout juice
* Pea shoot/sprout juice
* Kelp juice
* AFA blue green algae juice
* Walnut sprout milk
* Lentil sprout smoothie (blended lentil sprouts with filtered energised water run over mineralised rocks. My smoothies are usually only have one food in them, always sprouts)
* Chlorella

Tomorrow will be grass, weed and flower juice all day long. Looking forward to it...Sundays are always big weed juice days.

lf l have enough time l will also collect prickles, dry them out, grind them in a manual grinder and have raw prickle milk.

We must train ourselves to live on nature's foods and try not to be reliant on buying food from shops because we never know when the power grid and infrastructure could fail. We are so vulnerable because we rely on `the system' for our food and water, but if we face global natural disaster or have a solar flare we could face power blackouts for many years...and with that comes no electric juicers, no money or cars. So best to live simple so one has the option of living on grass and weeds if the situation calls for it. What if there is a blackout today that lasts for 2 years...what will you do? Storing food isn't the answer because hungry people will steal it.

Date: June 30, 2012 04:43PM

Dinner: grated winter butternut squash, grated apple, mixed with a drop of macadamia nuts/bell pepper/celery/sundried tomato/nutritional yeast sauce. Enjoyed together with tomato/cucumber/lettuce/spring onion salad.

Posted by: pomagranate ()
Date: June 30, 2012 11:24PM

Green smoothie, watermelon, watermelon, romaine tomato cuc avo salad, 2 raw nori sheets, dinner will be celery with almond butter.

Posted by: Raw4ever ()
Date: July 01, 2012 04:15AM

One head of cabbage, three avocados, two apples, three bananas, half of a large pineapple, twenty string beans or so.

Date: July 01, 2012 01:36PM

Changed my mind today and had the following:

* chia grass juice (250 ml)
* fenugreek sprout juice (250 ml)
* lentil sprout smoothie (only blended lentils with water)
* chlorella (20 tabs)
* chickpea sprouts
* digestive enzymes
* B12 soil based bacterial supplement

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: July 03, 2012 06:35AM

This thread could get long!

Salads all day, tomato crackers, a few mangos, a few nuts, and done!

[fresherthanlife.com]

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: July 03, 2012 08:12AM

sproutarian man

<< We must train ourselves to live on nature's foods and try not to be reliant on buying food from shops because we never know when the power grid and infrastructure could fail. We are so vulnerable because we rely on `the system' for our food and water, but if we face global natural disaster or have a solar flare we could face power blackouts for many years...and with that comes no electric juicers, no money or cars. So best to live simple so one has the option of living on grass and weeds if the situation calls for it. What if there is a blackout today that lasts for 2 years...what will you do? Storing food isn't the answer because hungry people will steal it.>>

super prescient observation

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 03, 2012 11:53PM

The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> Changed my mind today and had the following:
>
> * chia grass juice (250 ml)
> * fenugreek sprout juice (250 ml)
> * lentil sprout smoothie (only blended lentils
> with water)
> * chlorella (20 tabs)
> * chickpea sprouts
> * digestive enzymes
> * B12 soil based bacterial supplement

What? For real? How many calories is that?

----------------
I had
pineapple
blueberries
bananas
zucchini
tomatoes
almonds
pistacios
cucumber
mint
kale (the cucumber, kale, and mint made into a soup)
might snack on some cherries when i get home after dancing tonight smiling smiley

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 04, 2012 01:11AM

pasta,rice,chinese and beer...................
So...not too proud of myself tonite.
But back on track tomorrow

Date: July 08, 2012 10:09AM

Utopian Life Wrote:
> The Sproutarian Man Wrote:
> --------------------------------------------------
> -----
> > Changed my mind today and had the following:
> >
> > * chia grass juice (250 ml)
> > * fenugreek sprout juice (250 ml)
> > * lentil sprout smoothie (only blended lentils
> > with water)
> > * chlorella (20 tabs)
> > * chickpea sprouts
> > * digestive enzymes
> > * B12 soil based bacterial supplement
>
>
> What? For real? How many calories is that?
>

Virtually no calories. *smile* When you eat the type of food l eat (high amino acid food high in electromagnetic vibrations and sunlight), calories no longer count.

Todays meals:
* weed juice
* sunflower green juice
* fenbugreek juice
* AFA blue-green algae juice

Date: July 08, 2012 10:51AM

Breakfast was a basket of grapes and a good 1kg watermelon (pure heaven). For lunch it will be sprouted mung beans, flax seed, carrot, tomato, cucumber, celery and herbs taboulleh served on romaine leaves. Undecided for dinner yet as the other half is cookingsmiling smiley

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables