Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Echinacea
Posted by: rab ()
Date: June 30, 2012 01:21PM

Where to purchase good Echinacea? I have recently travelled to Europe and after coming back to USA, I have this unusal cold which would not go away. I don't have fever, just congested and sneezing. A close person suggested Echinacea, but I have read at the link below that not every product with that label is a good one.

[www.webmd.com]

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Echinacea
Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: June 30, 2012 01:55PM

If you don't have a fever, it's probably not a viral infection. Could be allergies, though.

Date: June 30, 2012 02:48PM

I never had allergies in my life. It does feel like a cold, because I start sneezing when I turn on the air conditioner.
I feel a little better today, I took a long walk in the forest yesterday, that could have helped, I hope.

Posted by: fresh ()
Date: June 30, 2012 04:11PM

you didn't change anything that you eat at all?

did you eat nuts,seeds,spices,salt?

Date: June 30, 2012 05:04PM

I hardly eat salt, I need to work on that. I do eat sesame seeds. No spices.

Posted by: banana who ()
Date: June 30, 2012 06:28PM

rab Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I never had allergies in my life. It does feel
> like a cold, because I start sneezing when I turn
> on the air conditioner.
> I feel a little better today, I took a long walk
> in the forest yesterday, that could have helped, I
> hope.

Did you change your air conditioner filter? Could it be dirty and mold is present? It may be connected.

Posted by: phantom ()
Date: June 30, 2012 06:35PM

Echinacea is endangered, so I would take its source into account if you need some and it's going to help you. Or eventually grow your own, I hear it has beautiful flowers. smiling smiley

Hope you're feeling better! Cat's Claw is another great herb to supercharge your defenses.

Date: June 30, 2012 10:43PM

banana who, the filter was dirty indeed and the air conditioner needs thorough cleaning. I will let the landlord know. It could be very well the reason for my cold.
I will look for echinacea seeds. Herbs are a very interesting area.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: July 01, 2012 12:01PM

rab,

Please remember that one can develop an allergy at any time, depending on environmental factors. You took a trip--it could have been something you picked up on the plane. Although now that you mention the condition of the air conditioner, that's what I think is the likely culprit. Hope this clears up soon!

Date: July 01, 2012 02:20PM

Thanks for your tips! I think I resolved the mistery. I never had alergies but I was always senisitive to fine dust. Not the normal outdoor dust (I have played outdoors a lot as a child, dust was never a problem, on the contrary it was fun), but the fine dust like in attics and other hidden places. I would feel slight choking from it. I think that the air conditioner had layers of this dust , I inhaled it and that made me sick. I turned it off for a couple of days and I haven't sneezed since, even though I have been at my friends apartment where the air conditioner was on, also at the stores...

So, I am alergic to fine dust or this fine dust had some fungi and/or bacteria in it that caused my problem. Or both.

But, I will still get the Echinacea seeds and try to grow it. I will learn all about it.

Thanks, the good people of rawfoodsupport!

Posted by: pomagranate ()
Date: July 01, 2012 03:38PM

I used to order ginseng, raw cacau and other items from a guy in Canada who sells a wide variety of fresh roots herbs etc. I just looked his website is going strong therootofthematter.ca it is a funny site with lots of info and good prices.

I recall he sometimes had raw echinacia or at least a very untampered form of that substance. I was always pleased with his products and service but I don't know if things have changed. Good luck.

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: July 01, 2012 06:54PM

From what I have read Echinacea is to be used before getting sick, if I rmember right. The best way to pump up the immune system is to take Primal Defense if you are not already doing so. If you are then there are many different ways to do so. Rotate your immune system boosters so as not to loose their efficacy.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: July 03, 2012 06:31AM

I've had better luck with lots of pure water, zinc, and hydrogen peroxide to wash out the ears.

[fresherthanlife.com]

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables