Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Your top 10 foods
Date: July 03, 2012 12:42AM

Tell us about the foods you like to eat for extra nutrition, power and feel good ways...foods you use to beef up your diet with good nutrition.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Your top 10 foods
Posted by: pomagranate ()
Date: July 03, 2012 02:58AM

1-Celery frequently for dinner w a dip, and in smoothies and salads. Lots of nutrition, extremely filling, and super fast.
2-Pineapple is my favorite fruit also very filling.
3-Papaya for taste, digestion, and facials.
4-Seaweed mostly nori for snacks and wraps.
5-lettuce for a daily salad
6-kale is my major dark leafy green
7-apples what would we do without apples and they are my fav dried fruit very spongy and chewy.
8-walnuts a handful can stop a cooked food craving in its tracks and you can find them raw almost everywhere
9-bananas are a necessity
10-hard to stop at just ten but i will say dates because again they are filling and they thicken smoothies and raw cookies, plus they keep for weeks.

Posted by: fresherthanlife ()
Date: July 03, 2012 06:20AM

Greens to me are the most important...I don't know a single person in the world who can deny that they truly ARE the best food ever!

[fresherthanlife.com]

Posted by: gems ()
Date: July 03, 2012 06:23AM

what i eat most of...

1 - banana
2 - spinage
3 - apples
4 - grapes
5 - dates/dried figs/prunes
6 - celery
7 - carrots
8 - ground flax seed
9 - sweet potatoes
10- avocado

but i could go on with so many more! smiling smiley

Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 03, 2012 07:45AM

Haha i created a similar thread with 5 foods, but I guess 10 is more realistic!smiling smiley

So these are mine, and the list is subject to change as I discover new foods/new facts about foods:

1-broccoli and broccoli sprouts
2-romaine lettuce
3-tomatoes
4-zucchini
5-sweet potato
6-avocado
7-apples
8-sprouted lentils
9-almonds, walnuts and hazelnuts.
10-flax, sesame, pumpkin and sunflower seeds.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 03, 2012 12:36PM

Romaine
Kale
Dandelion
collards
green leaf.

In other words....greens.
Plus:
Ground flaxseed
avacado
quinoa

those are my superstars

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 03, 2012 01:26PM

1 - kale
2 - collards
3 - chard
4 - spinach
5 - romaine
6 - avocado
7 - cherries
8 - blueberries
9 - strawberries
10 - tomatoes

Posted by: flipperjan ()
Date: July 04, 2012 12:29PM

Why romaine - it is one of the most bland and boring lettuces I know. There are so many more interesting and tasty varieties. I'm loving some of the old heirloom varieties this summer e.g. flashy butteroak on this page:

[www.realseeds.co.uk]

Posted by: Utopian Life ()
Date: July 04, 2012 01:25PM

flipperjan Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Why romaine - it is one of the most bland and
> boring lettuces I know. There are so many more
> interesting and tasty varieties. I'm loving some
> of the old heirloom varieties this summer e.g.
> flashy butteroak on this page:
>
> [www.realseeds.co.uk]

I like the taste and the crunch. Also, it's a good source of protein, fiber, vitamin A, C, iron, Vitamin K, folate, potassium, and perfect omega-3 to -6 ratio.

Posted by: Ayselbelle ()
Date: July 07, 2012 08:56PM

I'm transitioning and seem to always have the following on hand:

1. Carrots-- love using a veggie peeler and making carrot pasta or dicing into small pieces and mixing with apples
2. Celery
3. Zucchini- also love making zucchini pasta
4. Apples
5. Spinach
6. Mixed greens
7. Kale - besides adding to salads, I like juicing with apples and ginger
8. Bananas- always a base in my daily smoothie
9. Melon- been loving Watermelon right now
10. Berries or seasonal fruit- last week I enjoyed stone fruit that just came into season in Michigan

Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: July 10, 2012 10:52PM

1. Avocado (6 days a week)
2. Carrots (often eating them just like that: peeled)
3. Spinach (love it both in smoothies and leaves)
4. Kale
5. Bananas (almost addict)
6. Apples
7. Blackberries (almost addict)
8. Almonds
9. Dates
10.superfoods (hemp and chia seeds, chlorella, maca root and lukuma powder etc.)

Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: July 11, 2012 09:29PM

THeSt0rm Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I forgot to say hemp seeds!
>
> hm.. I do like mulberries too. especially the
> BLACK mulberries which are rare. Not the purple
> ones but the black TANGY ones.

From what I have read, hemp seeds are far more nutritional than flax seeds.

Date: July 13, 2012 05:03AM

l'll have to keep this post short.

1). Sunflower green sprouts: such a complete food with lots of feel good nutrients and a rare plant source of vitamin D2 and the most balanced protein of all the land foods discovered on Earth. lf you want a diet to the highest level, this food is it! Have 250ml of sunflower juice everyday. Scientifically tested to be 30 times more nutritious than the best dark green vegetables.

2). Pea shoot juice: a highly alkalizing food high in carbs and predigested protein with large amounts of vitamins and minerals, ezymes, phytonutrients and hormones. Scientifically tested to be 30 times more nutritious than the best dark green vegetables.

3). Wheatgrass juice: The Linus Pauling Center at The University of Oregon showed that the juice has been shown to kill every cancer known to man and destroy all negative bacteria tested. Scientifically tested to be 30 times more nutritious than the best dark green vegetables. Also is a rare source of vitamin D2. lt also contains 96 out of the 115 elements discovered by mankind.

4). Buckwheat sprout lettuce: once again, a big boy of the vegan foods that almost rivals the top three. The only draw back is that it has been found to contain some toxins, so it must be had sparingly (two or three times a week). A very very powerful juice and also a rare source of vitamin D2.

5). Chlorella: such an amazing food that it would take at least ten pages to describe how good it is. lt is one of the only foods that can actually begin to repair our faulty DNA, that was once thought impossible. lt is also one of the best detoxifiers known to man due to it's unique cell wall and even stunned scientists at Chenobal when it cleaned up radiation in people's bodies better than anything ever discovered. It also has nucleic acids which are supposed to slow down aging, and it is also a handy source of easily absorbable iron, zinc and protein along with fatty acids.

6). E3 live: the most nutritious food ever discovered. lt contains every single element ever discovered by mankind, 115 elements. A great source of omega 3's, protein, vitamins, minerals and phytonutrients. lt is one of the only foods that can actually begin to repair our faulty DNA, that was once thought impossible. Also a rare source of vitamin D2.

Spirulina comes below the chlorella and E3 live for various reasons. A good little top up, but the other two algaes are the ones to really concentrate on.

7). Kelp, wakame, arami, nori, dulse etc: lots of depleted soils that our food is grown on so we need sea vegetables. High in minerals and a unique cellular structure which help keep the extremely high electromagnetic frequency in the food and also that helps clean toxins from the body. Also rare sources of vitamimn D2. l can't stress enough how important these foods are.

8). Wild weeds and flowers: l feel they have special properties that other foods don't have. Really natural unaltered foods of nature with good root systems to pick up all those hard to get trace minerals.

9). Chia green sprout juice: this food is simply amazing!!! The highest source of available omega 3's on the planet (far far higher than flax oil and all other crushed seeds). Lots of protein, calcium, fatty acids and other nutrients. This food does cheer you up on the darkest winter days and makes you feel like you live in paradise.

10). Alfalfa sprouts: highly alkalising and full of vitamins and minerals with good amounts of protein, and a rare source of vitamin D2. This is such an amazing complete food. Needs to be fully sprouted and then greened to remove all the toxins. Lots of misinformation about the toxins in this food due to faulty studies.

11). Fenugreek sprouts, broccoli sprouts, sesame seed sprouts, flax seed sprouts, poppy seed sprouts: a brilliant top off to the diet.

Edited 7 time(s). Last edit at 07/13/2012 05:13AM by The Sproutarian Man.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables