Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Minerals, trace elements etc. and utilization from our body
Posted by: SkyFeather ~ ()
Date: July 10, 2012 08:05PM

Hello,

First post, nice to found you all here. It's been since November 2011 that I have started eating 50-70% vegan raw food, thus I am still a newbie in many issues.

I am reading that this raw food and that and the other one, has this and that percentage in calcium/protein etc. but I have a question to ask.

The percentage of protein in the hemp seeds for example, utilized from our body in the same way with non-vegan raw foods? I mean, do we need to eat more?
What about the label on the product or the food data from alive foods, is this referring to the amount of protein of that product and how do we know if our body is utilizing correctly the amount of minerals, trace elements etc. that we are consuming.

Thank you in advance for your replies.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Minerals, trace elements etc. and utilization from our body
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 11, 2012 02:01PM

Hi
I would say that as long as you are consuming lots of leafy greens,in whole and juice form,you neednt worry about much of anything.Plenty of amino acids/protein there.
Your body know what to do with it.
IMO
Vinny

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 02:02PM by eaglefly.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 11, 2012 03:08PM

For the amount of nutrients (but not for utilisation) check out cronometer. Personally, I do pay attention to what and how much I'm consuming, and found the above program excellent in providing indication of nutrition of various foods.

One reason is I like to learn about things, rather than rely on "guess-timates". The other reason is I believe that overeating on raw food is just as unhealthy as overeating on junk food, and therefore I'd rather find out exactly what and how much I need.

The best thing is, it doesn't involve one turning into a cronie (a person who constantly watches and weights what he eats). This is because there are only so many foods out there that you can eat. Once you've devised a set of staple adequately nutritious menus and meals, you're done with the scalessmiling smiley And you can of course venture out of this set on occasions, such as dining out etc, for as long as you follow your staples most of the time you can be at peace knowing that your body is receiving adequate nutrients.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/11/2012 03:09PM by chat.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: July 11, 2012 03:14PM

p.s. as for utilisation of the nutrients, no one will be able to give you an answer in this thread. Because it depends on many factors, such as what food it is, how it is eaten, amd what it is eaten with.

The only way to go about it is research each particular food and it's possible combinations. Which is what I'm trying to do at the moment, and yep it's taking ages but I'm not in a hurry and it's interestingsmiling smiley

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Date: July 11, 2012 09:26PM

Thank you both for your comments. 'chat' what an extensive reply, thanks smiling smiley

About the utilization of the food elements (protein, minerals etc.) I saw an image today for example, that it was stated: 120 gr. beaf and 120 gr. beans have the same amount of protein (24 gr.) So.. my question goes for things like that. The 24 gr. of protein will be utilized in the same way (each gramm?) from both foods?

Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: July 11, 2012 10:20PM

From what I know plant proteins,especially from raw live plants,are utilized much more efficiently than proteins from cooked animal products.

Date: July 12, 2012 08:13AM

'THeStOrm' I have read carefully your reply. Very informative. Yes, the hemp seeds are shelled even though I live in the Netherlands where smoking weed is legal grinning smiley but I know it's a totally different process of the seeds in those situations, just kidding.

For the information, I was vegetarian for 10 years in the past, then for about 4-5 years started added some meat (chicken and fish only) and 2 years ago I again abstain from meat and since November 2011 I started a 50 to 70% raw diet.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables