Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Christmas candy?
Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: October 23, 2006 01:55PM

Hi,

Soon it's christmas here in Stockholm and in our family we usually invite our relatives and friends to eat some snacks and beverage with us. Now I'm living in my own apartment and I wonder what kind of raw christmas candy and drinks I can offer for my loved ones. Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Christmas candy?
Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 23, 2006 03:38PM

Hi BNH,

I'm thinking the same thing, halloween is coming up soon, so I'm thinking of making some raw halloween candies. I'll post my findings to the group if I meet with some success.

Cheers,
Ian.

Posted by: sgc ()
Date: October 23, 2006 05:34PM

Dates! They are so many different ones. it's nicer and more diverse than a chocolate box.

Raw Fruit Festival
[www.raw-fruit-festival.net]
Health, Fitness and Fasting Retreats in Spain
[www.fit-in-nature.net]

Posted by: Anna67 ()
Date: October 23, 2006 08:02PM

Hi,

I make energy balls/fudge balls, whatever you like to call them; ground dates, apricots, goji,figs, almonds, seeds, whatever is to hand. Then flavour them with either raw choc, carob,vanilla or spices to make them christmassy like; ginger, cinnamon, mixed spice etc. Freezing them gives a chewier texture.

As mentioned in earlier post the brownies in the recipe section never fail to delight cooked people.

As for drinks, spiced apple, orange and beetroot juice is nicer than mulled wine!
Good luck!
Anna

Posted by: sodoffsocks ()
Date: October 28, 2006 11:58PM

Check out this thread in the recipes forum: [www.rawfoodsupport.com]

Posted by: Brand new heart ()
Date: October 29, 2006 02:32PM

That looks delicious! Maybe I'll buy some raw cacao butter at NFL if it's not too expensive...hell it's christmas after all! *sings jingle-bells*

Anna, thanks! You gave me a lot of ideas tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: ILoveJen ()
Date: November 05, 2006 04:07AM

make nut balls with dates and figs and then roll them around in raw shredded coconut. it's very easy and not messy.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables