Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

CANDIDA DIET
Posted by: benetgirl ()
Date: August 07, 2012 10:50PM

How long does it take for candida to go away???

I am already bored with my food. I cut out all fruits... nuts and fats..... I do use stevia to sweeten my buckwheat or quinoa..... so veggies for now but for how long????

sad smiley I want this out of me.....

Thank you... smiling smiley

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: CANDIDA DIET
Posted by: jayelle ()
Date: August 09, 2012 10:17PM

Do you have it in your intestines? Candida feeds on sugar. Bacteria feeds on candida. You may want to try acidophilus (probiotics...can be found in most health food stores). It's bacteria that is naturally found in the body. It'll attack those bad yeasties.

*hugs and blessings*
jayelle

Posted by: rzman10001 ()
Date: August 13, 2012 09:20PM

benetgirl Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> How long does it take for candida to go away???
>
>
> I am already bored with my food. I cut out all
> fruits... nuts and fats..... I do use stevia to
> sweeten my buckwheat or quinoa..... so veggies for
> now but for how long????
>
>
> sad smiley I want this out of me.....
>
> Thank you... smiling smiley

The most knowlegable healers say up to one year, but much quicker if you are young and your health has not been tremendously compromised.
I would'nt cut out nuts and fats! fat is good for you lol. especially in the form of soaked nuts. Nuts also stimulate acid when digested wich disenfects the stomach. Yeast is a nasty little pathogen that is best killed with a healthy immune system, lots of oxygen in the blood and a very healthy diet. You can do yeast cleanses but some of them are harsh and can weaken the system in doing so. Drink wheatgrass juice 2x a day 2oz. per.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: August 14, 2012 09:20AM

I don't agree with what most mainstream "alternative healers" say about candida because 9 times out of 10 the information i find is just wrong. This kind of misinformation cost me many years of my life and going round in circles spendings lots of money on worthless misdirected supplements, so if i can spare people the time im glad too.

Firstly most people misdiagnose candida, infact most self diagnose thesemlves when it comes to candidiasis which is a dangerous path to go down.

In my opinion most people who suffer from candida type issues are most commonly actually suffering from food allergies, which is why when many go raw they often experience immediate relief. Another common issue is poor bile flow and poor liver function, so when people lower the fats in their diet they experience immediate relief of IBS and digestive symptoms.

Low stomach acid is another factor, which again promotes the growth of opportunsitic pathogens such as candida and lowers nutrient absorption especially of protein and many key nutrients which are needed for the immune system such as zinc. If you truly do have candidiasis then the terrain much be restored.

What i mean by this is that the gut flora must be re-balanced and restored and stomach acid increased if it is low. You will always be prone to candida and other opportunistic overgrowth's otherwise. So i firstly i would recommend fermented foods such as water kefir and cultured vegetables to repopulate the good bacteria. Secondly a diet rich in prebiotic fibers which stimulate the activity and feed the gut flora. 2 tablespoons of oat or rice bran is a good prebiotic supplement daily.

Restoring stomach acid is also important with bitter herbs on the back of the tongue and even raw apple cider vinegar mid meal to aid stomach acid. I wrote an article on my site ill link it up later.

Lastly due to the stressing out about candida and health, many actually suffer from mild sub-clinical adrenal insufficiency which is known as "adrenal fatigue". Common symptoms include fatigue, hormonal imbalances, allergies/multiple chemical sensitivity, low thyroid function, low libido etc. Many of the symptoms which are often attributed to candida on these sites but have nothing to do with candida.

Unlike promoted throughout the raw community, candida actually has little influence from fat and has nothing to do with blood sugar or acting as a back up system for blood sugar regulation like one raw guru suggests. Infact many fatty acids have proven anti-fungal/candida properties such as coconut oil and its medium chain fatty acids. Which brings me to "systemic candidiasis" which has become a buzzword self diagnosis in the alternative community due to many sites promoting lots of mis-information.

Systemic Candidiasis is a potentially life threatening disease which causes sepsis i.e pathogens in the blood stream. Systemic candidiasis generally only occurs in those who are severely immuno-compromised i.e AIDS, cancers and those taking immuno-suppressive drugs. One "raw guru" even suggests that we ALL have candida in our blood.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 08/14/2012 09:31AM by powerlifer.

Date: August 18, 2012 12:53AM

powerlifer Wrote:
> I don't agree with what most mainstream
> "alternative healers" say about candida because 9
> times out of 10 the information i find is just
> wrong. This kind of misinformation cost me many
> years of my life and going round in circles
> spendings lots of money on worthless misdirected
> supplements, so if i can spare people the time im
> glad too.
>
> Firstly most people misdiagnose candida, infact
> most self diagnose thesemlves when it comes to
> candidiasis which is a dangerous path to go down.
>
> In my opinion most people who suffer from candida
> type issues are most commonly actually suffering
> from food allergies, which is why when many go raw
> they often experience immediate relief. Another
> common issue is poor bile flow and poor liver
> function, so when people lower the fats in their
> diet they experience immediate relief of IBS and
> digestive symptoms.
>
> Low stomach acid is another factor, which again
> promotes the growth of opportunsitic pathogens
> such as candida and lowers nutrient absorption
> especially of protein and many key nutrients which
> are needed for the immune system such as zinc. If
> you truly do have candidiasis then the terrain
> much be restored.
>
> What i mean by this is that the gut flora must be
> re-balanced and restored and stomach acid
> increased if it is low. You will always be prone
> to candida and other opportunistic overgrowth's
> otherwise. So i firstly i would recommend
> fermented foods such as water kefir and cultured
> vegetables to repopulate the good bacteria.
> Secondly a diet rich in prebiotic fibers which
> stimulate the activity and feed the gut flora. 2
> tablespoons of oat or rice bran is a good
> prebiotic supplement daily.
>
> Restoring stomach acid is also important with
> bitter herbs on the back of the tongue and even
> raw apple cider vinegar mid meal to aid stomach
> acid. I wrote an article on my site ill link it up
> later.
>
> Lastly due to the stressing out about candida and
> health, many actually suffer from mild
> sub-clinical adrenal insufficiency which is known
> as "adrenal fatigue". Common symptoms include
> fatigue, hormonal imbalances, allergies/multiple
> chemical sensitivity, low thyroid function, low
> libido etc. Many of the symptoms which are often
> attributed to candida on these sites but have
> nothing to do with candida.
>
> Unlike promoted throughout the raw community,
> candida actually has little influence from fat and
> has nothing to do with blood sugar or acting as a
> back up system for blood sugar regulation like one
> raw guru suggests. Infact many fatty acids have
> proven anti-fungal/candida properties such as
> coconut oil and its medium chain fatty acids.
> Which brings me to "systemic candidiasis" which
> has become a buzzword self diagnosis in the
> alternative community due to many sites promoting
> lots of mis-information.
>
> Systemic Candidiasis is a potentially life
> threatening disease which causes sepsis i.e
> pathogens in the blood stream. Systemic
> candidiasis generally only occurs in those who are
> severely immuno-compromised i.e AIDS, cancers and
> those taking immuno-suppressive drugs. One "raw
> guru" even suggests that we ALL have candida in
> our blood.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

The leading authorities disagree with you. And again, SYSTEMIC does not mean life threatening it means throughout the system, you sound like a doctor? Again, if you have had the oppourtunity to see as many Live-Blood Analysis as I have then you would know. Every one is different many people have infections but all are affected differently. I have had a fungal infection and it affected me in all the ways you described above. And it's usually not all yeast that are present and in your blood stream affecting your adrenals.

Date: August 18, 2012 10:24AM

Who are these leading authorities, im not saying candida doesn't occur, localised candida infections occur often such as in the mouth which is known as thrush, or in the vagina, in the gut after antibiotic use and so on. True systemic candidiasis like i say is rare outwidth those who are severely immunocompromised such as in AID's and those with cancer for example. Look up the definition of systemic candidiasis, it is a potentially life threatening condition which can cause sepsis i.e infection in the blood.

The blood is pretty much always sterile, live blood analysis and many of those who practice it have no idea what they are looking it and use it as a tool to sell more supplements usually alkalizing or anti-candida supplements. Why is it that its only live blood analysis practitioners that see these "candida" in the blood then when real blood serum testing is done the blood is found to be sterile.

At some point the whole systemic candida thing blew up as a fancy and welcoming alternative diagnosis just like the hulda clark parasite theory of all disease, 9/10 of the symptoms that these systemic candidiasis websites attribute to candida, cant actually even be caused by candida. Many of them are symptoms of poor adrenal gland function and hypothyroidism which is far more common. Too many people go round in circles for years chasing and stressing about something they don't have, i know i did.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2012 10:30AM by powerlifer.

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 18, 2012 05:33PM

I would love to see a live blood analysis done by an actual trained hematologist. The one I talked to about it said he had heard of live blood analysis, but had never had an opportunity to see it. Some day, I will get these two together . . .

Date: August 21, 2012 06:48PM

powerlifer Wrote:
> Who are these leading authorities, im not saying
> candida doesn't occur, localised candida
> infections occur often such as in the mouth which
> is known as thrush, or in the vagina, in the gut
> after antibiotic use and so on. True systemic
> candidiasis like i say is rare outwidth those who
> are severely immunocompromised such as in AID's
> and those with cancer for example. Look up the
> definition of systemic candidiasis, it is a
> potentially life threatening condition which can
> cause sepsis i.e infection in the blood.
>
> The blood is pretty much always sterile, live
> blood analysis and many of those who practice it
> have no idea what they are looking it and use it
> as a tool to sell more supplements usually
> alkalizing or anti-candida supplements. Why is it
> that its only live blood analysis practitioners
> that see these "candida" in the blood then when
> real blood serum testing is done the blood is
> found to be sterile.
>
> At some point the whole systemic candida thing
> blew up as a fancy and welcoming alternative
> diagnosis just like the hulda clark parasite
> theory of all disease, 9/10 of the symptoms that
> these systemic candidiasis websites attribute to
> candida, cant actually even be caused by candida.
> Many of them are symptoms of poor adrenal gland
> function and hypothyroidism which is far more
> common. Too many people go round in circles for
> years chasing and stressing about something they
> don't have, i know i did.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Ok maybe you dont understand this simple concept although I would think you have read many on the subject. Yeast lives in the digestive tract, then it morphs into it's fungal form and burrows into the linning. At this point it can enter the blood stream and reak havoc on some of our more sensitive systems like the adrenals. Is it going to kill you? no not quickly at least, but it will or can make you feel like crapola.

I guess you don't understand the AMA very well laughs, concerning the blood serum tests lol.

I am not concerned in the definition of Systemic Candiasis, It's just an AMA label, and I understand that it is a severe ilness. It does show you that yeast can be in the blood, AND shows you that it varies, not all AIDS patients have it. It all depends on YOU and how strong your system is. Doctors are twenty years behing current science.

You are effectively saying that yeast can't live in the blood unless you are at the extreme. So this to me means you are effectively saying this about all other pathogens. I have not had a cold in fifteen years and if I got one I would probably not have the same symptoms as other people.

Many Live Blood Analysis I have seen have had not only yeast in their blood but parasites also, including me. You can clearly see parasites moving around in the blood and when they are present you can see holes in the red blood cells, quite a eye opener.

Certianly there are some quacks out there doing these tests the same as the quacks who are doing yeast antibody tests that are about 99.99 inacurate unless your blood is rittled with fungas. By the time these tests are positive it is clear to the eye in a lot of cases they have a fungal infection.

The people that I have been to that do L.B.A. tests, including H.H.I. have a tremendous amount of success and you can't argue with that. Doctors and the AMA on the other hand are clueless.

Thanks for the debate and all your research as always I enjoy the read.

Date: August 21, 2012 08:58PM

Yes leaky gut i.e increased intestinal permability is another condition that in theory could potentially cause microbes in the blood, im not disagreeing with that. It is also only theory about microbes being able to enter the blood through the abnormally permeable gut wall.

The point is that blood is normally sterile and anyone trying to tell you that we always have candida or other microbes naturally in our blood is talking nonsense. I didn't say AIDs, cancer were the only conditions that could cause systemic candidiasis just that they were two of the most common conditions that do, i still maintain from research that systemic candidiasis generally only occurs in severely immuno compromised individuals and have yet to see anyone show me any other proof otherwise ?.

What definition of systemic candidiasis are we to use then, the made up garbage 99% of the time on these anti-candida websites when they can't tell the difference between a localized overgrowth of candida such as in the gut and systemic candidiasis which is a potentially life threatening condition.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 6 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2012 09:11PM by powerlifer.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: August 22, 2012 03:29AM

Baking soda? Lemon?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2012 03:29AM by rab.

Posted by: rab ()
Date: August 22, 2012 09:30PM

I would first check the pH of the body. That should indicate the right diet, I believe. Anywhere close to ideal 7 is the best.

disclaimer: 'Comment not intended to serve as medical advice. For any medical advice, please contact your doctor'.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables