Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Raw fooders who look emaciated
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 01, 2012 07:26PM

Mislu, is your partner overweight. You mention him quite frequently and I wonder if you have a lot of things in common. I mean, if my boyfriend was into restaurants so much he'd be going by himself if I could not find suitable food. At some point you have to decide what is more important.

Options: ReplyQuote
Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: September 01, 2012 10:32PM

I checked out the other pics of Dean since I noticed that in his first pic, he had a six pack. In the last pic it's disappeared, so it would seem that he had stopped or reduced his work-outs.

I guess with CR, he just wouldn't have the energy for much other than basically surviving, depending on how restricted his diet is.

His first pic looks great, and his BMI is perfect too. I don't really believe that he will achieve his goal of longevity, as I think that he is stressing his body way too much.

My thoughts are, that an approximate 80% raw food vegan diet which includes a water 'fast' one day each week is sufficient.

jalan

Posted by: Panchito ()
Date: September 01, 2012 10:43PM

FYI, on recent news, it was found that CR does not extend life so people doing CR may get a surprise

[www.nia.nih.gov]

Posted by: KidRaw ()
Date: September 02, 2012 12:38AM

I think to study whether CR works or not, the subjects would have to eat a raw food diet. Because if people eat a third less of cooked food, they may live longer because it's the cooked-ness of the food that's bad for them, so the less they eat the better health they have and the longer they live.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 02, 2012 05:53AM

Panchito Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> FYI, on recent news, it was found that CR does not
> extend life so people doing CR may get a surprise
>
> [www.nia.nih.gov]-
> finds-calorie-restriction-does-not-affect-survival

Panchito you are hopeless! No due respect here, but next time do try to read if not the actual study than at least the news article before reporting it as "finding" particular things. It helps with you know what smiling smiley

So far as "surprise for people doing CR" is concerned, the NIA study did not find that "CR does not extend life", it found that CR did not extend life of a particular group of rhesus monkeys. Specifically, the study stressed that the differences between it's results and the results of an earlier 2009 study (which found that CR did extend life of a particular group of rhesus monkeys) suggest

“the complexity of how calorie restriction may work in the body. Calorie restriction’s effects likely depend on a variety of factors, including environment, nutritional components and genetics.”

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 06:06AM by chat.

Posted by: powerlifer ()
Date: September 02, 2012 08:04AM

I suspect one of the reasons why raw fooders become emaciated long term is due to Zinc deficiency. Although some may be getting near the RDA, a raw vegan diet is so abundant in Copper and causes very unbalanced Zinc/Copper ratios as a result.

Zinc is heavily involved in protein synthesis and a deficiency in Zinc can impair this process. So whilst many might be getting enough protein on paper they may not be using much of it, which could be why many become emaciated on a raw food diet longterm and why it generally happens to males more easily on a raw diet.

[www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 08:05AM by powerlifer.

Date: September 02, 2012 12:31PM

For peope interested in the topic of CR, check out this interpretation of the study.

[www.msnbc.msn.com]

Chat, PLONG!

Date: September 02, 2012 02:19PM

powerlifer Wrote:
> On paper you can get easily however many grams of
> protein raw but i doubt many have the stomach to
> eat as much as they need too when it comes to a
> raw diet. So this could be why long term they have
> low levels of muscle mass and an emaciated look.
>
> I mean to follow the RDA i would need about 80g of
> protein being that i weigh around 80kg and this
> isn't taking into account any increased activity
> with exercise and weight lifting, so id need to
> consume a heck of alot of volume of raw food to be
> able to get this 80g of protein.
>
> Protein must play a role because it is the
> standard skinny fat look, low levels of muscle
> mass, high bodyfat percentage but still thin
> framed. Woman seem to fair better on a raw diet
> especially in the short term, i sometimes ponder
> if this is due to the large intake of
> phyto-estrogens from plant foods, which balance
> hormone levels amongst other benefits.
>
> Insulin resistance also plays a role in the
> emaciated and skinny fat look.
>
> [www.vegankingdom.co.uk]

l am quite thin in places, but l am also gaining really good muscle in places also. l juice about a bucket of sprouts a day (sometimes more) and consume algaes and sea weeds, so l get up to around 90+ grams of predigested protein a day and find it very easy to develop muscle. My biggest problem is that l don't do any weight resistance exercises like push ups and leg resistance exercises to develop the chest and legs, but l have good muscle on my arms because l am always doing nightly work in my garden. l find it very very easy to develop muscle on the raw sprout diet with minimal effort, but l need a more rounded exercise routine to make raw work properly. l will start an exercise routine soon and see where it takes me, l suspect l will do very well because my diet is excellent and has an abundance of all the nutrients in it.

l had never had muscle until l did the raw sproutarian diet. Now l am strong and can lift things two or three times the weight than l used to.

But l can understand why so many people find it hard to develop muscle considering the diets most raw vegans eat.

l am amazed at how Angela Monach can keep such a full face and hardly eat anything. Ann Wigmore was the same.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 02:31PM by The Sproutarian Man.

Posted by: chat ()
Date: September 02, 2012 02:20PM

Panchito Wrote:
> For peope interested in the topic of CR, check out
> this interpretation of the study.

Lol, people who are interested in the topic of CR tend to read actual reported studies, rather than media interpretations of them.

>Banana ice-cream rocks!<

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/02/2012 02:20PM by chat.

Posted by: Mislu ()
Date: September 03, 2012 03:19PM

No, hes not overweight. In fact I would say slightly underweight, if anything. Very, very thin. I was looking at him the other night and he just looked odd because hes 50 something, but so thin, kind of boney. I guess he just doesn't eat much, often skipping meals. I look more meaty, but I actually look much thinner than people my age most of the time. I am not sure how we do it. I guess its because we order a lot of vegan foods, and lately I have been wanting raw, which means a lot of salads. Not so great for a rounded raw diet, which needs more fruit and a little nuts.

Date: October 12, 2012 02:46AM

Man, I just saw an example of someone on a recent video who is starting to look shockingly thin. I had recently seen her and she didn't seem to look like this and her ribs and/or clavicle are sticking out. Totally gaunt. Why? Looks like an eating disorder to me. Not attractive in the least.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/12/2012 02:47AM by banana who.

Date: October 12, 2012 09:07AM

Hey babanaWho, can we see the pic?

Date: October 12, 2012 06:04PM

Panchito Wrote:
> Hey babanaWho, can we see the pic?

I will PM you about it...

Date: October 13, 2012 12:32PM

received

Pages: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables