Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

"you have...
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 23, 2012 06:18PM

an intimate understanding of everyone and everything when you fall in love

with yourself "

Cauldre

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: "you have...
Posted by: eaglefly ()
Date: August 24, 2012 01:20AM

I like that!

Date: August 24, 2012 04:48PM

yeah, me too

heard it on a video

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: August 26, 2012 11:47AM

I need to work on that . . .

Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: August 26, 2012 12:18PM

"I observe myself and so I come to know others.” -Lao Tzu

"Above all things, reverence yourself." -Albert Schweitzer

"To love one’s self is the beginning of a lifelong romance." -Oscar Wilde

"I celebrate myself and I sing myself." -Walt Whitman

"Finish every day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God did not make us to be eaten by anxiety, but to walk erect, free, unafraid in a world where there is work to do, truth to seek, love to give and win." -Joseph Fort Newton

"By having reverence for life, we enter into a spiritual relationship with the world." -Albert Schweitzer

"If you judge people, you have no time to love them." -Mother Teresa

"We must change, renew, rejuvenate ourselves; otherwise we harden." -Goethe

"Be not afraid of growing slowly, be afraid only of standing still." -Chinese Proverb

"We find comfort among those who agree with us - growth among those who don’t.” -Frank A. Clark

"Here is a mental treatment guaranteed to cure every ill that flesh is heir to: sit for half an hour every night and mentally forgive everyone against whom you have any ill will or antipathy." -Charles Fillmore

"Man must evolve for all human conflict a method which rejects revenge, aggression and retaliation. The foundation of such a method is love." -Martin Luther King, Jr.

"The more I can love everything - the trees, the land, the water, my fellow men, women, and children, and myself - the more health I am going to experience and the more of my real self I am going to be." -O. Carl Simonton

"Man is surrounded with every form of the truest and noblest wealth - wealth, or well-being, for the body, wealth for the mind, wealth for the heart." -Horace Mann

"Soul and body, I suggest react sympathetically upon each other. A change in the state of the soul produces a change in the shape of the body and conversely, a change in the shape of the body produces a change in the state of the soul." –Aristotle

"The natural healing force within each one of us is the greatest force in getting well." -Hippocrates (460-357 B.C.)

"The body never lies." -Martha Grapheme

"When we begin to trust ourselves more, the body begins to renew itself and becomes healthy and filled with life energy." -Shaki Gawain

"Keep your face to the sunshine and you cannot see the shadow.” -Helen Keller

"We have been created with a need to love and be loved, or all else in life becomes meaningless. For most of us, people to love have been generously supplied: parents, children, grandparents, brothers, sisters, neighbors. If the people available don't seem particularly lovable or they don't seem to love us as we think they should, that is our problem, our challenge. To paraphrase Jesus, "What virtue is it to love people who are lovable? Anyone can do that." To love the people with whom we come in contact, those often selfish, egotistical, aggravating people who fill our world, to love them wisely and well, seeing them always as created by God, imbued with his Spirit--"Ah, there's the rub"--but there is also beauty. We may one day find that they have grown to have all those qualities of lovingness, courage, and kindness that we saw in them when they couldn't see these qualities in themselves." -Lynn Sutton

Peace and Love...........John

Date: August 26, 2012 09:59PM

john rose

thanks a bunch for these beautiful quotes

i'm gonna take my sweet time really reading them

beautiful!! smiling smiley

Date: September 01, 2012 11:22PM

do you think self love alone can transform a person from a dusty coal into a brilliant diamond ?

i don't mean self love in an arrogant way

i mean self love in the irresistible way
like being in love with yourself.... is like appreciating every thing about yourself and then this naturally extending to others and the world

something like that

i like meditating on the original quote from that guy

of being in love with oneself ... makes one have an intimate understanding of everyone else and the world

what DOES it mean to "be in love with oneself"

just curious what this means to everybuddy

cuz i love the idea... and i think it is the key to world peace and the transformation of the entire universe

it is the sacred and forgotten link

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables