Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

alum and aluminum
Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: August 28, 2012 09:44PM

what is alum

is it in food

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: alum and aluminum
Posted by: back2eden ()
Date: August 29, 2012 12:07AM

Hydrated Potasium Aluminum sulfate, used in pickles and baking powder.

The best use of it that I know of is to convert lead acid batteries over to alkaline batteries. John Bindini shows how to do that on his youtube energenx channel. I have been to his shop near here and he gave me some supplies to make crystal cells. John uses alum in his free energy crystal cells.

Re: alum and aluminum
Posted by: swimmer ()
Date: August 29, 2012 01:02AM

Chemical engineering anyone? I always thought it was a catch-all industry term to cover a whole bunch of different chemical compounds used in various food, cleaners, and cosmetic production processes...but...

[www.thefreedictionary.com] defines it as:

Any of various double sulfates of a trivalent metal such as aluminum, chromium, or iron and a univalent metal such as potassium or sodium, especially hydrous aluminum potassium sulfate, AlK(SO4)2·12H2O, widely used in industry as clarifiers, hardeners, and purifiers and medicinally as topical astringents and styptics.

So it sounds to me like chemically it's any number of compounds consisting of 2 elements of one metal, and 1 element of another metal with a ionic bond that has a outer orbital single electron ready to give up that electron or receive another one. That property would make it useful in all kinds of production due to it's ability to remove unwanted, or add wanted chemical ingredients.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 08/29/2012 01:05AM by swimmer.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables