Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Victory!
Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: September 02, 2012 05:55PM

My Vita-Mix dealer made a joke out of my marriage; "So, a raw vegan and a hunter get married..."

After watching Forks Over Knives, and Food Inc, my husbands's first response was, "Raw vegan, eh?"

Now, as a family, we have cleaned out the kitchen, converted the whole family to raw vegan, and are living a new level of health and environmental awareness.

Is that not the best news ever?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Victory!
Posted by: John Rose ()
Date: September 02, 2012 07:02PM

THAT'S GREAT NEWS!!!

YEA HAW!!!

Posted by: rufio ()
Date: September 02, 2012 08:44PM

Congrats. Keep it going.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: September 02, 2012 10:50PM

That's soooo good Hidenfang. Wow, family unity and a great example to your partners friends too smiling smiley

One thing, I've watched 'Food Inc', but not 'Forks over knives'. Is it a similar vid HF, and is it available for hire?

jalan

Posted by: raw_curious ()
Date: September 02, 2012 11:27PM

That's fantastic news! Way to Go, hiddenfang! From your post it sounds like you have kids doing raw too... how are they loving it?

Jalan - Forks Over Knives is available on Netflix and Amazon. I thought 'Forks' was more informative than 'Food Inc.' It's the one that brought my spouse over to the raw side.

Posted by: la_veronique ()
Date: September 03, 2012 09:49AM

good for you hidden fang

how long has your family been doing raw?

ever since they saw the film?

must be one heck of a film

never saw it though cuz the trailer seemed to be just talking about common sense and not even having a really emphatic raw vegan focus

or did it? it must have if it made your family convert so quickly...

interesting

Posted by: hiddenfang ()
Date: September 03, 2012 11:21PM

So many questions!

I don't know where Forks Over Knives is available - Husband found it online upon my request.

One of my kids (three years) had a rough start being raw, but after a couple of days she got hungry enough to eat whatever I put in front of her. The other one (seven years and autistic) was born with a healthy appetite for veggies and didn't notice a difference in her diet. Both kids eat tons of fruit, smoothies, and salads. As a bonus, the seven year old does not feel deprived anymore because we all eat the same thing (as opposed to her eating gluten free and the rest of us eating grains & bread).

We have been raw as a family for a week and a half now. I personally have been raw off and on for the better part of five years. Husband's veganism is new. He's adjusting well. He will only do high raw vegan because he travels for work.

No, the film (Food, Inc) did not have a vegan focus. They did not slant at all, showing both huge corporations as well as family run farms. The point that hit us was the cruelty, and the prevalence of chemical monopolies. We not only went vegan, but we also swore off all corn and soy products.

Posted by: jalanutan ()
Date: September 04, 2012 02:02AM

Thx Raycurious and HFang. I watched Food Inc., and it really shows the monopoly that multi-nationals like Monsatan have over food production and the lives of small farmers.

I don't want to particularly buy the Forks vid, but I'll ask at the vid hire shop, as that 's where I hired Food Inc.

jalan

Posted by: Tamukha ()
Date: September 04, 2012 01:12PM

Great news, hiddenfang--best of luck to all of you! smiling smiley

Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 04, 2012 03:39PM

Good for you and family! That makes is so much easier and more fun to have all the family participating.

I really enjoyed the movie Fat, Sick, and Nearly Dead..also on Netflix.com

I like all those types of movies as they inform and help to motivate me.

Love,
Prism

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables