Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

fasting with psyllium husk?
Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 04, 2012 09:00AM

Hi,

What is the opinion in the Forum of using psyllium husk and/or colonic irrigation as an add in juice or water fast to remove all the old stuff and mucus?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: fasting with psyllium husk?
Posted by: Prism ()
Date: September 04, 2012 03:31PM

I've done a series of colon cleanses when I was very high raw, 12 of them over 6 weeks and I've done and am still doing psyllium husk.

I feel that I benefited from both of those things. But as far as I can tell after doing the psyllium husk 2 x a day a few months later was the first time I ever passed what are called rope strands of old debris and fecal matter. Over a course of a couple weeks, I passed those strands on occasion, but not often. I feel that the psyllium husk worked best for me.

Also, in another post you asked about eating mostly fruits as a raw fooder which is initially how I started. I couldn't digest a lot of raw veggies, but juicing really helped me with getting in greens. I lost 60 lbs. the first 6 months, and less than a year I had lost 71 lbs. I felt great, gained lots of energy, and looked good.

I didn't worry about calories or sugars while eating raw fruits. After the first year though I started wanting to eat more salads and dropped the really sweet fruits like pineapple.

Love,
Prism

Posted by: Seedkeeper ()
Date: September 10, 2012 05:30AM

I just started reading psyllium husks and colon cleansing.
Do you have any advice??

Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 10, 2012 06:04AM

to cleanse properly with the psyllium husk you need to juice fast and preferably do colon irrigation. if you water fast the irrigation is necessary. with juice fast, one can manage without it as the digestive system is working. best is to mix 2 or 4 teaspoons of the husk with some bentonite clay or zeolite 3 to 5times day with lots of water. irrigation helps to get the old, leather like, mucus out of the system.

Posted by: kadam ()
Date: February 25, 2013 12:04PM

Regular usage of Psyllium husk once in a month also helps weight loss by keeping your metabolism rate since it acts on the digestive organs. Also, it is very important that when you take psyllium husk, you drink extra water to ensure that the psyllium can move through the colon with ease. Psyllium fibers absorb waste in the stomach and removes it out from the colon.

Psyllium should always be taken on an empty stomach – that is 1 hour to 30 minutes before breakfast and/or lunch and/or supper. Regular intake of Psyllium Husk promotes in losing extra pounds from stuck body toxins. Regular exercise and healthy diet while taking Psyllium Husk will greatly help to speed up losing unwanted body fats.

Posted by: kadam ()
Date: March 20, 2013 07:05AM

Psyllium husk powder is a well-known aid for irregularity, but ground psyllium husks added to smoothies do more than just provide fiber. They also regulate appetite and fat absorption in ways that make smoothies diet food.

Just about everyone is familiar with psyllium husks as a remedy for constipation. The fibers in psyllium absorb water and add bulk to stool. Using psyllium husk recipes for colon cleanse is simple, because you can add the powder to any form of liquid. Do not eat the powder alone, because it is not digestible and without water it may cause choking.

To use psyllium husk, sprinkle 1 or 2 tbsp. into any liquid, including fruit juices, milk, water, soups and even milkshakes. This will help you increase fiber intake easily and make it tastier to consume.

Pre-Party Smoothie

Ingredients
250 mls nonfat milk (soymilk)
1 banana (ripe, peeled coarsely chopped)
75 grams raspberries (fresh, frozen, blueberries or 75 g fresh strawberries hulled washed coarsely chopped)
3 tsps tahini
1 tbsp almond meal
1 12 tsps psyllium husks
3 tsps honey
12 tsp ground cinnamon

Directions:

Place the milk, banana, raspberries, blueberries or strawberries, tahini, almond meal, psyllium husks or slippery elm, honey and cinnamon in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Pour into a glass to serve.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables