Living and Raw Foods web site.  Educating the world about the power of living and raw plant based diet.  This site has the most resources online including articles, recipes, chat, information, personals and more!

Click this banner to check it out!
Click here to find out more!

Alissa Cohen's Diet
Posted by: anadikaal ()
Date: September 07, 2012 02:22PM

Can anyone tell me the difference between 811 and Alissa Cohen's version of raw food diet?

Options: ReplyQuote
Re: Alissa Cohen's Diet
Posted by: banana who ()
Date: September 07, 2012 03:38PM

From what I can tell, Alissa's diet is very high in fat and obviously the opposite of 80-10-10.

I will say, however, that in one of her books (maybe the last one?) she lists what she normally eats in a day and it's not the elaborate food that she showed on her DVD (which I enjoyed but also wondered about the time it takes to make those dishes). She was simply eating large quantities of fruit, from what I recall.

I think that it's probably very difficult to transition directly from SAD to 80-10-10. I would imagine that most raw fooders tried the "regular" raw food diet and came to 80-10-10 after not doing well with higher fat intake. Also, it has to be more satisfying to eat stuff with more fat in it than high-water items, you know? At least at first. So I don't discount any diet that is 100%.

Date: September 07, 2012 03:58PM

I see. So is fat so bad really, even if it is a good fat? In the past I could eat lots of olive oil and houmus and now 20 small nuts is the limit? The man who invented 811 does not look that healthy in my opinion. anyway, do you think that it is true that diet high in fruits requires less fat because otherwise the excess of sugar is not properly assimilated?

Date: September 07, 2012 04:57PM

I am not arguing for 80-10-10! LOL, when you first posed the question I wondered if you were just trying to start the debate about low versus higher fat. I am not even high-raw so I cannot pretend to know how it is. I don't think raw fat is bad in the least, however some people who started out with the typical raw fare found that lowering their fat intake helped them.

You might find this personal story very helpful from someone who has found success with 80-10-10: [www.youtube.com]

Date: September 07, 2012 05:32PM

thank you, i will look at it. and no, i have no debate in mind, just wish to clarify a few things, keeping an open mind here to find the most balanced approach nutrition. considering the great deal of theories, it all can be quite confusing...

Date: September 07, 2012 05:46PM

I would think that having a diet of more than 10% fat is a better way to transition to raw, if only for the detox being slowed down a bit. I also think watery foods are not usually as satisfying, although I do feel full on watermelon (also because of fiber I am sure). It helps to live in the tropics, desert or area with consistent heat.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Navigate Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Living and Raw Foods below:

Search Amazon.com for:

Eat more raw fruits and vegetables

Living and Raw Foods Button
© 1998 Living-Foods.com
All Rights Reserved

USE OF THIS SITE SIGNIFIES YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE DISCLAIMER.

Privacy Policy Statement

Eat more Raw Fruits and Vegetables